Before going ahead with the Google Calendar, you will need a Google account to get started, if you use Gmail for your emails then you already have a Google account. The service is free of charge and only takes a few minutes to set up. The Google account gives you access to Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Play Store, and YouTube. Google Calendar can be accessed online at calendar.google.com or can be downloaded for Android from Google Play Store or for iOS from Apple App Store.
One of the best features of Google Calendar is the Gmail integration, the Calendar automatically syncs with Gmail to display events from Gmail. When you book a flight, make a hotel reservation or book your next Sunburn concert ticket, these events are automatically added to your Google calendar with precise times and dates if you receive an update on your Gmail account. This feature is enabled by default but can also be turned off in the Settings. Even notifications are enabled by default and it is possible to toggle it off.
Both, the web and the mobile clients keep the design very simple and clean and gives you various customization options. You can switch between day, week or month view, add different colors for reminders and events and more. There is also a useful search box on the top for quickly finding specific events or reminders.
Also Read: Top 5 Chat Applications To Avoid Boredom During The Lockdown
How to use Google Calendar: Creating Events on Google Calendar
You can create an event on the mobile device by tapping the red “+” icon in the bottom right corner. Then select the event option and fill out all the details including event name, date and time. Then hit the save option and you are good to go. You can also directly select the date in the calendar and tap the hour twice to start creating an event. Fill up all the details as before and hit the save button to finish
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom-right corner.
- You can also choose to tap on a specific date in the app and then the hour when the event will be supposed to start.
- Then you can then enter the event’s details including the name, date, time, and so more
- Select “Save” to complete the process and create the event
How to use Google Calendar: Creating Reminders on Google Calendar
Reminders are similar to events, except that they only involve you and there is only one way to do it. It seeks much fewer details and you can choose to remind yourself of any task such as to water the plants. Unlike the events, reminders carry over to the next day unless you mark it as done. Reminders are private and are not shared with anyone.
Also Read: How to Use Mi Pay for UPI Payments in India
Creating a reminder on the phone is easy, tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner of the screen and select reminder, now enter the name of the reminder and select the date and time for the reminder, you can also choose how it is supposed to repeat. After entering all the details, tap “Done” to save the reminder
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner
- Select the “reminder” option
- Enter the details including name, date, time and other info about the reminder
- Hit the “Save” button to complete the process
How to use Google Calendar: Create Goals on Google Calendar
Goals can only be created using the application on your smartphone, there are several goal options to choose from so that you can get fit. You can connect more with others, meditate and get fit on a regular basis with the Goals feature.
Also Read: Android vs iOS, Which One Do You Actually Need?
Tap on the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner of the screen and select Goals option, then select a goal from the available categories. You can choose to exercise, build a skill, me time, family and friends and other options.
The next step is to choose how often you will choose to work on your new goal, you can choose once a week, three times a week or for a particular amount of time such as 15 minutes, 30 minutes or more. You can also choose what would be a good time to do the goal, the service will then schedule a new activity into your calendar and all you have to do is confirm it.
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner
- Select the “Goal” option
- You can either choose a goal from the list provided or create your own
- Inform the app how often and for how long you want to work on your goal
- Save the details by tapping on the blue tick icon
How to use Google Calendar: Sharing your Google Calendar
This is one of the best features, but you can only share your calendar from a computer and the Smartphone applications don’t support it yet. Visit the Google Calendar website and locate the “My Calendars” section to the left of the interface. Now, hover the mouse over the calendar that you wish to share and click the options icon, now select Settings and Sharing.
You can now choose from two sharing options; you can share it with specific people by clicking on the Add People in the Share with specific people section. Here write down the email addresses of the people that you want to invite and share your calendar. Write the email address of the users you want to share the calendar with. Now hit the send button to mail the people that you have selected, Google will then add your calendar to their accounts and they can access it from other Calendars section.
The second option is to share the calendar with anyone who has the link, this is rarely the right option for users, you can enable this by selecting Make available to the public option and then selecting “Get Shareable link” to get the public link. It is important to note that the link is public and can be achieved even with a simple Google Search on your Name.
Also Read: Best Productivity Apps For Android And iOS
- Visit https://calendar.google.com/
- Find the section for “My Calendars” in the left of the interface and hover the mouse over the calendar that you wish to share
- Click the options icon and select Settings and Sharing
- Either choose the Make Available Public icon and get the shareable link or,
- Click on Add people to share your calendar with specific people
- Type in the email addresses of the people, define the permissions, and hit the send button
- You can always make the calendar private again by changing its privacy.