How To Use Google Calendar – Everything You Should Know!
Google Calendar is a great tool to keep a track of appointments, events and more. The tools are available for free of cost and can be accessed easily from the web client on the Android and iOS applications. If you are wondering how to use Google Calendar on your Smartphone, this guide contains detailed instructions on creating events, sharing your calendar and setting goals.
Highlights of the Story
- Google Calendar is a free tool to organize your schedule and set reminders
- Google Calendar is available across most common platforms and is extremely easy to use
- Google Calendar supports integration with most common services and allows you to sync data across services like Zoom and others
Before going ahead with the Google Calendar, you will need a Google account to get started, if you use Gmail for your emails then you already have a Google account. The service is free of charge and only takes a few minutes to set up. The Google account gives you access to Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Play Store, and YouTube. Google Calendar can be accessed online at calendar.google.com or can be downloaded for Android from Google Play Store or for iOS from Apple App Store.
One of the best features of Google Calendar is the Gmail integration, the Calendar automatically syncs with Gmail to display events from Gmail. When you book a flight, make a hotel reservation or book your next Sunburn concert ticket, these events are automatically added to your Google calendar with precise times and dates if you receive an update on your Gmail account. This feature is enabled by default but can also be turned off in the Settings. Even notifications are enabled by default and it is possible to toggle it off.
Both, the web and the mobile clients keep the design very simple and clean and gives you various customization options. You can switch between day, week or month view, add different colors for reminders and events and more. There is also a useful search box on the top for quickly finding specific events or reminders.
How to use Google Calendar: Creating Events on Google Calendar
You can create an event on the mobile device by tapping the red “+” icon in the bottom right corner. Then select the event option and fill out all the details including event name, date and time. Then hit the save option and you are good to go. You can also directly select the date in the calendar and tap the hour twice to start creating an event. Fill up all the details as before and hit the save button to finish
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom-right corner.
- You can also choose to tap on a specific date in the app and then the hour when the event will be supposed to start.
- Then you can then enter the event’s details including the name, date, time, and so more
- Select “Save” to complete the process and create the event
How to use Google Calendar: Creating Reminders on Google Calendar
Reminders are similar to events, except that they only involve you and there is only one way to do it. It seeks much fewer details and you can choose to remind yourself of any task such as to water the plants. Unlike the events, reminders carry over to the next day unless you mark it as done. Reminders are private and are not shared with anyone.
Also Read: How to Use Mi Pay for UPI Payments in India
Creating a reminder on the phone is easy, tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner of the screen and select reminder, now enter the name of the reminder and select the date and time for the reminder, you can also choose how it is supposed to repeat. After entering all the details, tap “Done” to save the reminder
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner
- Select the “reminder” option
- Enter the details including name, date, time and other info about the reminder
- Hit the “Save” button to complete the process
How to use Google Calendar: Create Goals on Google Calendar
Goals can only be created using the application on your smartphone, there are several goal options to choose from so that you can get fit. You can connect more with others, meditate and get fit on a regular basis with the Goals feature.
Tap on the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner of the screen and select Goals option, then select a goal from the available categories. You can choose to exercise, build a skill, me time, family and friends and other options.
The next step is to choose how often you will choose to work on your new goal, you can choose once a week, three times a week or for a particular amount of time such as 15 minutes, 30 minutes or more. You can also choose what would be a good time to do the goal, the service will then schedule a new activity into your calendar and all you have to do is confirm it.
- Tap the red “+” icon to the bottom right corner
- Select the “Goal” option
- You can either choose a goal from the list provided or create your own
- Inform the app how often and for how long you want to work on your goal
- Save the details by tapping on the blue tick icon
How to use Google Calendar: Sharing your Google Calendar
This is one of the best features, but you can only share your calendar from a computer and the Smartphone applications don’t support it yet. Visit the Google Calendar website and locate the “My Calendars” section to the left of the interface. Now, hover the mouse over the calendar that you wish to share and click the options icon, now select Settings and Sharing.
You can now choose from two sharing options; you can share it with specific people by clicking on the Add People in the Share with specific people section. Here write down the email addresses of the people that you want to invite and share your calendar. Write the email address of the users you want to share the calendar with. Now hit the send button to mail the people that you have selected, Google will then add your calendar to their accounts and they can access it from other Calendars section.
The second option is to share the calendar with anyone who has the link, this is rarely the right option for users, you can enable this by selecting Make available to the public option and then selecting “Get Shareable link” to get the public link. It is important to note that the link is public and can be achieved even with a simple Google Search on your Name.
Also Read: Best Productivity Apps For Android And iOS
- Visit https://calendar.google.com/
- Find the section for “My Calendars” in the left of the interface and hover the mouse over the calendar that you wish to share
- Click the options icon and select Settings and Sharing
- Either choose the Make Available Public icon and get the shareable link or,
- Click on Add people to share your calendar with specific people
- Type in the email addresses of the people, define the permissions, and hit the send button
- You can always make the calendar private again by changing its privacy.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…