How to Use Mi Pay for UPI Payments in India
UPI or Unified Payment interface gateway has played a massive role in revolutionizing the Fintech situation in India, it has helped several users switch to online payment platform and rose to fame during the Demonetization. Xiaomi has finally rolled out Mi Pay in India and comes with easy UPI payments.
Highlights of the Story
• UPI allows users to instantly pay another user to their bank account without the inconvenience involved in net banking transactions.
• UPI works across all supported banks and platforms and the transactions occur instantly
• UPI is currently free and has huge transaction caps making it a great choice for daily use
The success of UPI has led to several players such as Google pay, PhonePe, Paytm, Amazon UPI and others enter the market to get a piece of the pie. Xiaomi also has its own payment service called the Mi Pay and is available for users in India with support for UPI. Xiaomi Pay comes with a lot of essential features and is very simple and friendly to use.
Mi Pay can be easily downloaded from the Mi App Store if you own a Xiaomi phone, for other users who want to try it, the application is also available on the Google Play Store so the application can be easily downloaded without having to offload the apk from unreliable sources.
Once you have the app installed, getting the Mi Pay up and running should just take a couple of seconds, you will be prompted to log in to your Mi Account for the first time that you open the application, if you are using the App on ta Xiaomi phone then it is very likely that you already have a Mi account, there is also an option to quickly register for a new account if you did not create a Mi Account so far. The main interface of Mi Pay is straightforward and clean, on not Xiaomi phones you can even use your mobile number or your Google Account to sign in to the application which greatly adds to the convenience.
- Once you’ve successfully signed in to the application for the first time, it will ask you to add a bank account, click on the Add Bank Account button to proceed.
- In the next step, you will need to choose the SIM card to send the SMS form for authentication and the application will then send an SMS to their partners and fetch all the bank accounts registered to your mobile number.
- Then proceed to click on the bank account that you want to register on the application, this will then show the last four digits of your bank account number and ask you to proceed
- In the next step, you are prompted to enter your choice of UPI handle and if the handle is available, you can proceed with the registration
- Once you have successfully registered and linked your bank account with your new Mi Pay UPI ID, you are ready to make new transactions.
You can now proceed to share your new Mi Pay UPI ID with your friends to receive payments in the selected default payments account, or you can choose to make new payments using the application.
To Make New Payments
- Navigate to the home screen of the application, in the top row, you should find an option for Transfer you can choose this option to make payments to a mobile number, a UPI address or a bank account.
- If you are at a store and want to scan a QR code to make a payment, then you can select the Scan & Pay option and the application will open a QR code scanner
- After either scanning the QR Code or by selecting the UPI ID that you want to make the transfer to, the application will verify the UPI ID and display the name of the recipient above their UPI ID.
- In the next field, you will be asked to enter the amount of money that you wish to transfer and remarks if any
- Once you enter the amount and remarks, you can choose the default registered bank account or add another bank account that is registered to your mobile number, select the right option and hit the next button
- You are now taken to a confirmation page with the previously entered data and, verify that the details are correct and hit the confirm button
- You will now be prompted to enter your UPI pin which is handled by the UPI itself without interfering with the application
- After entering the correct UPI Pin, the transaction is authenticated and you are then taken to the success screen with the Transaction ID.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.