How to Delete Netflix History When You Have Been Naughty During Corona Lockdown
Netflix is one of the biggest content providers across the world and hosts a huge list of Movies and Shows. Netflix uses an amazing algorithm to keep track of all the viewing history and use that data to refine the suggestions for each user on the platform. However, this can quickly go out of hand if you were naughty and watched something you were not very proud of.
Highlights of the Story
- Netflix uses viewer history to refine the suggestions for each individual users
- Recently played Movies and shows are shown in the “Continue Watching” section of the application sometimes
- It is easy to delete the history of a particular show or movie from Netflix if you don’t want it to show up
A couple of days ago when Coronavirus hit out massively and people started staying indoors, Netflix turned out to be a great savior for most people. With people being restricted from going to work, schools, colleges and even to play outside, everyone found themselves with ample of time not knowing what to do.
In such desperate times with nothing much to do, users headed to online content providers such as Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, and YouTube so much that these streaming providers started reducing the streaming quality by a little to ensure that their infrastructure and the infrastructure of the local ISP’s are able to handle the massive increase in bandwidth without causing a failure.
In India, most of us share a common account for Netflix, Prime Video and Hotstar with our friends or sometimes even family. This can turn out very cost-effective, however, these services use your streaming history to personalize your suggestions. This can get out of hand if you’ve got naughty during the lockdown and streamed adult movies or any content that you are not extremely proud of. This content can not only hinder your suggestions in the future but sometimes they also show up in history and can turn out a bad thing for some users.
Steps to delete Viewing History on Netflix
To remove the Netflix viewing history:
- Open Netflix.com on your browser and hover over your profile picture, this should be present in the upper right corner of the screen. This should present you with a list of drop-down options to select from, here, look for the Account option and click it. This will navigate you to the Account Section of your Netflix Account. This section includes additional information about your account including the registered email address, payment mode, and your currently subscribed plan.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Viewing Activity link under the My Profile section.
- Now, click on the Viewing Activity link in your profile section, the newly loaded page should present you with a list of your recent streaming activity. Find the activity that you wish to hide and click on the X next to the title to remove it from the viewing history.
- If you wish to remove an entire show from the watch history at once, then you can select the Remove Series option and the entire show will be removed from your watch history.
The above steps work on Desktop, Laptop and even mobile device browsers and all the streams that you have removed from the viewing history will be deleted from your watch history within 24 hours. Unfortunately, there is no option to delete all the history at once and you will have to do it manually.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.