How To Use A VPN On Android Smartphone – A Step-by-Step Guide!
VPN or Virtual Private Networks are in increased demand these days as they work as an essential security tool to keep your data safe. They can be helpful to keep your information protected when using public Wi-Fi networks such as the one at Starbucks, or if you are trying to access a website that is blocked in your region. Despite the surge in the number of VPN options, it is still something most people are unaware of. There are various settings and features in most VPN offerings and you will need to take a closer look to decide what is best for you.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To Use a VPN?
Highlights of the Story
- VPN can be very helpful to access websites that are blocked in your region or by your ISP
- VPN can help enhance your privacy and security by hiding your original IP address from the websites that you visit
- A VPN will provide you additional security while browsing from a public internet access point such as Starbucks or KFC
VPN is like a relay between your internet connection and the website that you are trying to access. A VPN will route all your internet traffic through another network, this allows you to hide your original IP address from the website that you are trying to visit.
VPN also helps you prevent your data from getting breached while using a public network. This can come very handy for people who often browse on public Wi-Fi connections that multiple users have access to. VPNs can also be used to unblock websites that are restricted by your internet service provider or blocked in your region.
There are so many elements to consider before choosing the right VPN for you, there are hundreds or even thousands of options available in the market right now which can make it overwhelming to choose from.
Cost: While Paid VPNs offer a much better quality of service without intrusive advertisements, speed or data throttling, not everybody would be interested in signing up for an additional subscription. Paid VPNs offer much more privacy and security features and they are certainly a better option if your privacy and security is important
Privacy: The best VPNs in the market keep zero connection and activity logs such as the NordVPN and Express VPN. Other VPN options that are cheaper and less secure might choose to keep the connection logs so it depends on your choice with respect to the privacy
Location: This is an important aspect as your internet speed and the responses depend on the location of your VPN provider, most offerings come with multiple server locations, however, it is important to ensure that you have a server close to your most accessed location to ensure the best experience
Security: While most premium offerings come with good security features, these might be different on some VPNs. Express VPN adds IPv6 and DNS leak protection while NordVPN goes an extra step for obfuscation and Double VPN, there are some providers who compromise a little on the security which can pay off on a long run
Ease of use: Most VPN services these days are very easy to set up, you will get a user account and can sign in with the account on multiple devices to get access to the VPN services and improve your browsing experience.
How To Use a VPN?
Most VPNs need a user account to get access, you will be able to signup with your email address and a unique password in most cases. Most services also assure you that your email address isn’t shared for anything other than the customer support purposes. Coming to the options, there are multiple options in the market including paid and free offerings. In this setup, we talk about Turbo VPN if you are looking for a free option or NordVPN if you are ready to shell out a little money for a much better, private and secure experience. Both the above services are very easy to set up and start using, Turbo VPN can be accessed by installing it on your Android Smartphone using the link below.
You can also use NordVPN if you are ready to pay a small amount for more privacy, you will need to create an account to use the NordVPN service while the Turbo VPN application can be used without having to signup for a new account. Turbo VPN comes with ads in the app and they are showed commonly while connecting and disconnecting from the VPN. Turbo VPN is free but comes with certain caps on the data usage and the bandwidth, NordVPN allows you to access their network without any network caps and at a very high speed.
NordVPN is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac, Android and More while Turbo VPN is limited to Android for the most part.
- Once you have downloaded the app and installed it on the device getting started is very simple if you don’t want to fiddle with the settings
- Most VPN apps including NordVPN and Turbo VPN have a prominent start button that you can easily notice, this button starts the service
- This will generally connect you to the closest server or the server that has the best connection to your location
- This might be the best choice if you simply trying to keep your browsing private and get a good experience, however, if you want to access the servers of a particular country you can go and select the server of your choice and connect to it.
- The choice of a specific server can be useful if you are trying to access a different version of a service such as Netflix US catalog or others
- Once you have selected the location you can head back and hit the start button to start the VPN service and route all your internet traffic over the proxy
- You can always go back to the application and hit the disconnect button to stop the VPN service and start using your internet untethered.
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…