VPN is like a relay between your internet connection and the website that you are trying to access. A VPN will route all your internet traffic through another network, this allows you to hide your original IP address from the website that you are trying to visit.
VPN also helps you prevent your data from getting breached while using a public network. This can come very handy for people who often browse on public Wi-Fi connections that multiple users have access to. VPNs can also be used to unblock websites that are restricted by your internet service provider or blocked in your region.
There are so many elements to consider before choosing the right VPN for you, there are hundreds or even thousands of options available in the market right now which can make it overwhelming to choose from.
Cost: While Paid VPNs offer a much better quality of service without intrusive advertisements, speed or data throttling, not everybody would be interested in signing up for an additional subscription. Paid VPNs offer much more privacy and security features and they are certainly a better option if your privacy and security is important
Privacy: The best VPNs in the market keep zero connection and activity logs such as the NordVPN and Express VPN. Other VPN options that are cheaper and less secure might choose to keep the connection logs so it depends on your choice with respect to the privacy
Location: This is an important aspect as your internet speed and the responses depend on the location of your VPN provider, most offerings come with multiple server locations, however, it is important to ensure that you have a server close to your most accessed location to ensure the best experience
Security: While most premium offerings come with good security features, these might be different on some VPNs. Express VPN adds IPv6 and DNS leak protection while NordVPN goes an extra step for obfuscation and Double VPN, there are some providers who compromise a little on the security which can pay off on a long run
Ease of use: Most VPN services these days are very easy to set up, you will get a user account and can sign in with the account on multiple devices to get access to the VPN services and improve your browsing experience.
How To Use a VPN?
Most VPNs need a user account to get access, you will be able to signup with your email address and a unique password in most cases. Most services also assure you that your email address isn’t shared for anything other than the customer support purposes. Coming to the options, there are multiple options in the market including paid and free offerings. In this setup, we talk about Turbo VPN if you are looking for a free option or NordVPN if you are ready to shell out a little money for a much better, private and secure experience. Both the above services are very easy to set up and start using, Turbo VPN can be accessed by installing it on your Android Smartphone using the link below.
You can also use NordVPN if you are ready to pay a small amount for more privacy, you will need to create an account to use the NordVPN service while the Turbo VPN application can be used without having to signup for a new account. Turbo VPN comes with ads in the app and they are showed commonly while connecting and disconnecting from the VPN. Turbo VPN is free but comes with certain caps on the data usage and the bandwidth, NordVPN allows you to access their network without any network caps and at a very high speed.
NordVPN is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac, Android and More while Turbo VPN is limited to Android for the most part.
- Once you have downloaded the app and installed it on the device getting started is very simple if you don’t want to fiddle with the settings
- Most VPN apps including NordVPN and Turbo VPN have a prominent start button that you can easily notice, this button starts the service
- This will generally connect you to the closest server or the server that has the best connection to your location
- This might be the best choice if you simply trying to keep your browsing private and get a good experience, however, if you want to access the servers of a particular country you can go and select the server of your choice and connect to it.
- The choice of a specific server can be useful if you are trying to access a different version of a service such as Netflix US catalog or others
- Once you have selected the location you can head back and hit the start button to start the VPN service and route all your internet traffic over the proxy
- You can always go back to the application and hit the disconnect button to stop the VPN service and start using your internet untethered.
I am an Android Enthusiast and a Ninja at content creation. I love writing anything about technology and pro at reviewing smartphones. Big time expert in multiple facets of content generation