How To Trigger Actions Using Back Tap On iPhone
You can customize shortcuts and tricks through the Back Tap feature on your iPhone. Here’s all that you need to know.
Table Of Contents
- 1Back Tap iPhone Feature
- 2Steps to enable Back Tap and Trigger actions
Highlights of the Story
- Did you know in iOS 14, you get a feature called Back Tap?
- Through this feature, you can trigger and assign certain shortcuts by double-tapping or triple tapping the back.
Shortcuts make life easier, and accessing smartphones too. Well, at least the tech giant follows this Mantra. Apple has included an accessibility feature in iOS 14 and later called the Back Tap feature. Using this feature, users can assign and perform certain tasks by tapping the back of the iPhone twice or thrice.
The Back tap feature is not just limited to one or two actions. Instead, you can perform numerous actions through it. However, you first need to set the shortcuts that you would like to access quickly by tapping the back of your iPhone.
Back Tap iPhone Feature
Apple introduced the Back Tap feature in September 2020 with iOS 14. So now, rather than struggling to remember and use a ton of combinations, you can just tap your iPhone’s back twice or thrice and get the actions done easily. These actions can include anything like opening the Control Center or looking at the notifications, or even launching an app. As simple as it sounds, it is even easier to set these shortcuts.
Useful shortcuts for Back Tap
Here’ list of actions that you can trigger using the Back Tap feature:
- Go to Home Screen
- Take a screenshot
- Open the Apps
- Launch Siri
- Open The Notification Center
- Zoom or Magnify
- Adjust the volume
Steps to enable Back Tap and Trigger actions
Note that you need to have iPhone 8 or newer iPhone models running on iOS 14 or later for accessing the Back Tap features.
- First of all, go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, scroll down a bit and tap on Accessibility.
- You will find “Touch” under the “Physical and Motor” category there. Tap on it.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Back Tap”.
- Next, tap on Double-tap and Triple tap to set the action to trigger.
- From the list that appears, select whichever action you want to trigger when using double-tap or triple-tap.
- Upon selecting, you will find a blue checkmark next to the actions that mean it is enabled.
- If you want to change the action, you can tap on “None” at the top of the screen on the Back Tap settings. This will clear your previous action, and you can choose any other action again.
That’s it. Play around with the variety of options. Trigger actions using the Back Tap feature. You might take a bit to get accustomed. However, once you are there, you will find how easy and quick it is to trigger actions with the Back tap by just tapping twice or thrice on the back of your iPhone.
- Choosing a new air conditioner for your house can be confusing when you have several options available like spilt, windows, tower and Cassette air conditioners. The options could seem daunting with the variety of air conditioners available. Also, you can even be under pressure to select a new system, depending on your circumstances. However, if…
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…