Find New Phone
Buy Accessories
More
0 Device Added
close

Realme Cancels Launch Of Its Narzo Series Smartphones Due To India Lockdown

facebook
twitter
whatsapp
Share:facebookinstagramwhatsapp
By Yeti - 
25th Mar 2020
facebook
twitter
whatsapp
Share:facebookinstagramwhatsapp
Realme launch narzo news

Highlights of the Story

  • The Realme Narzo 10 and Realme Narzo 10A were to be launched at an online event on March 26.
  • Both these would be refreshed versions of Realme 6i and Realme C3 Indonesian variant respectively.
  • The company also said that all employees would be able to work-from-home.

Chinese smartphone maker Realme’s youth-centric smartphone line-up, the Realme Narzo series which was scheduled unveiled on 26th March, has been indefinitely postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The news came out after PM Narendra Modi’s announcement to impose a nationwide lockdown for 21 days across the country. The unfortunate postponement was shared by Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth in an official tweet in which he said that the company respects the announcement made by the Honourable Prime Minister and has made the decision to cancel all upcoming and previously planned launches. He specifically mentioned the postponement of the Realme Narzo series and further advised people to stay indoors to curb the spread of the virus.

The Realme Narzo series comprises two smartphones, Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A. Unlike other Realme smartphones which were mostly camera-centric, it seems that with the Narzo series, the company wants to deliver more than just a camera phone. Leaks and teasers hint that powerful processors, impressive screens, big and efficient batteries paired with fast charging support would all you can expect with the upcoming Realme Narzo smartphones. 

As per the leaks, the Narzo series will promise a great price to performance ratio and would definitely be a smart strategy to attract consumers. But now it seems that it is a bad time to launch a smartphone in the country considering the fact that almost every company is affected by the closure of manufacturing units. This also includes Xiaomi postponing the first sale of its Redmi Note 9 Pro Max due to lockdown. Online product retailers such as Amazon and Flipkart have also imposed some restrictions on online sales.

Also Read: Coronavirus Impact On The Smartphone Industry

But still, we can expect the company to at least announce the smartphones officially, although the sales might start sometime next month after the country’s lockdown has been relaxed a little.



Featured Videos

Latest Reviews

View All

You May Also Read

Top Camera Smartphones
Top Camera Smartphones
Some of the most significant innovations in smartphone technology over the past years have been in cameras. The best camera phones have improved so much in the past decade that comparing a 2010 smartphone camera with a 2020 smartphone camera would blow our minds. One does not need to carry a DSLR anymore to capture…

New Launches

LG Wing
LG Wing
Starting from:
₹69,990
Micromax IN Note 1
Micromax IN Note 1
Starting from:
₹10,999
Infinix Smart 4
Infinix Smart 4
Starting from:
₹6,999
Micromax IN 1b
Micromax IN 1b
Starting from:
₹6,999
Vivo V20 SE
Vivo V20 SE
Starting from:
₹20,990