Mi 10 India Launch Postponed Amidst Lockdown, No New Date Yet
The Mi 10 would be the company’s first 5G smartphone to launch in India and is expected to bring a 108-megapixel primary camera.
Highlights of the Story
- The device was scheduled to launch on March 31 in India.
- The news comes in accordance with Indian Prime Minister’s announcement of a 21-day nationwide lockdown on March 24th.
- The Mi 10 houses a 4,780mAh battery with a 30W fast-charging capability.
After Realme’s decision to re-plan the launch of its new Realme Narzo series, Xiaomi too has announced that the company has postponed the impending launch of its Mi 10 smartphone in India. Not only Xiaomi and Realme, but other smartphone manufactures are also expected to cancel their upcoming smartphone launches to comply with the government of India’s 21-day lockdown to curb the spread of novel coronavirus.
Xiaomi India MD Manu Kumar Jain took to Twitter to announce the indefinite postpone of the Mi 10 launch, which was scheduled for 31st March. The aforementioned letter in the tweet also mentioned Xiaomi’ efforts towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The company will be confirming a new date for its new flagship after evaluating the situation in the country.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 series was launched in China last month. The Mi 10 series consisted of two smartphones, the Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro out of which India was supposed to receive only the former variant.
Mi 10 Specifications
The Mi 10 features a 6.67-inch S-AMOLED display with full HD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate with a 20MP punch-hole selfie camera. Powered by the Snapdragon 865 chipset and clubbed with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage, the device will boast a quad-camera system.
Due to lockdown, not only Mi 10, but the already launched Redmi Note 9 Pro Max also saw the cancellation of its very first sale in the country. The Note 9 Pro too, which was last made available on March 24, hasn’t seen a new flash sale after that.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.