Xiaomi Teases Its Flagship Mi 10 Ahead Of Indian Launch
India could be one of the first markets to get the new Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, that have already been confirmed to launch globally on March 27.
Highlights of the Story
- The Mi 10 was launched at a starting price of CNY 3,999 (roughly Rs. 42,300)
- The Mi 10 Pro was priced at CNY 4,999 (roughly Rs. 53,000)
- The Mi 10 will offer 5G support in India as well and it will be the country’s third smartphone to have Snapdragon 865 chipset
- We get to see a 108-megapixel main camera at the back of device
After unveiling its flagship Mi 10 series in China last month, Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has started teasing the launch of the Mi 10 lineup in India. Recent tweets from the company and its associates mention the launch of a 108MP smartphone, which is an obvious reference to the Mi 10 series.
Also Read: Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In China
The teaser first made public my Xiaomi India with the hashtag ‘108MPIsHere’, hinting the 108-megapixel primary sensor on the smartphone. The company also renamed its Twitter account name Mi India #108MPIsHere, which seems like part of the marketing campaign. This was followed by Managing Director of Xiaomi India, Manu Kumar Jain’s tweet throwing a spotlight on these changes and thus describing the progress as “just a small step towards making a HUGE announcement”.
Going as per tweets by Manu Kumar Jain and the official Twitter handle of Amazon India, we are assuming that Xiaomi’s new flagship device will be sold online via Amazon.
A separate tweet earlier by Manu Kumar Jain also notified that the Mi 10 series, being imported from China, may not follow the company’s ‘affordable pricing’ policy. This may also be exaggerated due to the higher GST rate along with a depreciating value of Indian Rupee, thus driving up the costs of the product in India. Due to this, it can also be assumed that only the standard variant of Mi 10 will be launched in India. Because of its higher price, the Mi 10 Pro may not make its way to the country.
Mi 10 Key Specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Punch-hole front camera
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC
- 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage
- 108MP quad-camera setup
- 4700mAh battery with 33W fast charging
The introduction of a Flagship device shows Xiaomi’s focus on dominating the flagship segment too. But considering the competition and the hiked-up price of the company’s upcoming device, it is very likely that the move might not be a beneficial one for the company.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 40,000
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.