Apple & Samsung Increase Smartphone Prices in India Following GST Hike
Almost every smartphone manufacturer has updated the prices of their products post the GST hike that went into effect on April 1.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple has hiked the Indian retail prices by at least 5% for each product.
- This is the second price hike for iPhones in the country this year.
- Prices of flagship Galaxy S20 series have been increased by up to Rs 5,000.
Not only Apple, other manufacturers such as Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo and event Korean tech giant Samsung has raised the prices of its smartphones in India to counter the GST rate hike announced by the Indian government. Reports suggest that this hike would majorly affect the company’s Galaxy S-series and M-series smartphones.
|Model||Old Price in INR||New Price in INR|
|Galaxy S20 Plus||73,999||79,900|
|Galaxy S20 Ultra||92,999||97,900|
|Galaxy Z Flip||1,09,999||1,15,890|
|Galaxy Note 10 (8GB+256GB)||69,999||73,600|
|Galaxy Note 10 Plus (12GB+256G)||79,999||84,200|
|Galaxy Note 10 Plus (12GB+512GB)||89,999||94,700|
|Galaxy Note 10 Lite (6GB+128GB)||38,999||41,000|
|Galaxy Note 10 Lite (8GB+128GB)||40,999||43,100|
|Galaxy S10 Lite (8GB/128GB)||39,999||42,142|
|Galaxy S10 Lite (8GB/512GB)||44,999||47,300|
Sad news for consumers who were planning to buy a new iPhone once the lockdown would end. Be ready to shed a few bucks extra as Apple has increased the prices of most of its iPhone models in India because of the 12% to 18% GST rate hike that went into effect today.
Here is a quick list of updated iPhone prices (in INR) after the GST hike:
|iPhone 7 Plus||37,900/39,900||
|iPhone 8 Plus||50,600||53,300||55,600||58,500|
|iPhone 11 Pro||1,01,200||1,06,600||1,15,200||1,21,300||1,33,200||1,40,300|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||1,11,200||1,17,100||1,25,200||1,31,900||1,43,200||1,50,800|
Cover image source: cnbc
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.