WhatsApp ‘Expiring Media’ Feature Tipped in New Beta Version
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp has a new feature called Expiring Media.
- This new feature is not visible to the end-users.
- Recipients appear to receive a pop-up message about disappearing media.
WhatsApp 22.214.171.124 beta for Android has a new feature called Expiring Media. This new update released with further references to this new feature. However, it was initially in the works through the WhatsApp 126.96.36.199 beta.
This feature will make media files such as images, videos, and GIFs in the recipient’s phone over WhatsApp disappear after viewing once. On the other hand, the latest beta version suggests how it will ultimately be implemented for end users.
What this feature will offer?
WABetaInfo, a WhatsApp features tracker shared some screenshots from the WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 beta. These screenshots show that the messaging app will inform the recipient about the Expiring Media feature through a pop-up message.
It will read “This media will disappear once you leave this chat.” It will appear once a media file has been shared using the new feature. You can do so by pressing the dedicated button available next to the add media shortcut.
Furthermore, it also shows that once the recipient leaves the chat, a bubble would appear saying – View once photo expired. WhatsApp will have a button to enable the Expiring Media feature for media files that will be called View Once.
This messaging platoform may bring its new development alongside the Expiring Messaging feature. The latter is in plans for quite some time now. However, it comes with some clear evidence spotted in the WhatsApp 184.108.40.206 beta for Android released last month.
Also Read: How To Add Music To Instagram Stories!
Meanwhile, this new feature is not visible to the end-users. This new feature is likely to be provided, at least, to beta testers in the coming future.
On the other hand, Instagram, also offers its users with the ability to send a disappearing photo or video as a direct message on its platform. But with WhatsApp it will have triple the number of users to experience this feature.
Also read: Buyback Offers
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…