PUBG Mobile Ban In India Permanent, For Now, Says MeitY
Ministry sources have reportedly said that a mere announcement from PUBG Corporation on breaking ties with Tencent Games in India isn’t enough.
Highlights of the Story
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is said to be in no hurry to revoke the PUBG ban in India.
- PUBG Corp takeover does not mean PUBG Mobile will return to India.
- It recently broke off its ties with Tencent Games.
It’s been 3 weeks now since the government had banned more than 150 Chinese apps including PUBG on September 2nd. However, they said it was actively working on bringing the game back to India. They were also in talks with Jio to publish the game in India.
PUBG Corp declared that all ties with Tencent Games to operate the game in India stands withdrawn. However, the Indian government is yet to revoke the ban.
Will the PUBG ban be revoked anytime soon or will it continue permanently?
According to a report by InsideSport, MeitY officials are in no hurry to revoke the PUBG ban in India.
“There is no discussion within the ministry officials to revoke the ban on any of the apps listed in the ban list. We will stay away from making any comment on any specific company or app“, said the ministry source.
It seems that severing ties with Tencent Games in India is enough for the ban to be revoked. Furthermore, it looks like there aren’t any relaxations to any of the banned apps, including PUBG Mobile.
Meanwhile, PUBG Corp or any other official from the company hasn’t given any representation to the ministry for unbanning the game in India. It comes as a surprise as the company issued a statement a few days ago that they will reach out to the Indian government for a solution.
Moreover, it will request to operate the game in the country. In addition, they will also be “fully compliant with Indian laws and regulations.”
The game has been removed from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, but still works for those who have installed it on their device.
Also read: Exchange Offers
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…