- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC (dedicated slot)
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,270Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹10,939VSOPPO K1₹11,999Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹40,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,839Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
A budget phone with Snapdragon 439 SoC and other entry-level specs along an 18W fast charging feature for its giant 5,000 mAh battery makes it a must-have for those with a budget crunch.
- Fast charging speed
- Excellent battery life
- Water-repellent coating
- Average camera setup
- UI is Infused with ads
- Underwhelming performance
Xiaomi introduced Redmi 8A Dual in February 2020. It falls in a budget category at a price tag under Rs.10,000/- and thus, it has made certain compromises over the specifications. Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual sports a Snapdragon 439 SoC with 2/3GB RAM and 32/64GB internal storage. The device has an excellent 5,000 mAh battery on-board with 18W fast charging which is something not all budget smartphones offer. Plus, it runs on Android 9.0 Pie so it could get Android 10 sometime soon.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Price in India
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual is available in three variants i.e. 2+32GB, 3+32GB, and 3+64GB. Talking about the price tag, the 2+32GB variant is available at Rs.6,499/- on Flipkart while the middle 3+32GB is available at Rs.7,499/- Finally, the highest 3+64GB version of Redmi 8A Dual is available at Rs.9,999/-. Talking about the colour options, three are basically three options to choose from i.e. Midnight Grey, Sea Blue, and Sky White. The phone is available on both Flipkart and Amazon subjected to the availability of stock, as well as on the official Mi Store.
Check out Redmi 8A Dual, a truly out-of-the-box budget phone that arrives with a glass front and plastic back and frame design. In fact, the phone has a water repellent coating that should keep it protected against splashes and water here and there for a bit although note that it isn’t water repellent or proof. The front is large enough with a tiny notch on top while the back is brilliant thanks to no bells and whistles except a dual camera setup right at the middle on the upper section of the phone and a Redmi branding on a line passing through the centre of the back panel vertically.
About the display mounted on Redmi 8A Dual, it is a 6.22-inch IPS LCD panel with 81.8% screen-to-body ratio, 19:9 aspect ratio boasting 720×1520 pixels and a pixel density of 270PPI. The display is huge thanks to the aspect ratio and there’s a tiny waterdrop-shaped notch on top with a considerable amount of bezels and chin. The display is able to produce 400 nits of typical brightness and has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top for strengthening resistance against frequent drops.
Under the hood, you’ll find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 12nm chipset that offers a max frequency of 1.95GHz. It is paired with an Adreno 505 SoC, 2/3GB of RAM, and 32GB of eMMC 5.1 storage combinedly giving it a superpower in terms of budget category phones. Finally, the device is paired with Android 9.0 Pie-based MIUI 11 and since it arrived this year, it could get Android 10 as well.
The Redmi 8A Dual has a string of three cameras in total. The front has an 8MP sensor with an aperture of f/2.0, 1.12micron pixel size, and HDR-ready with support up to 1080p videos at 30fps. At the back, the device has a dual-camera setup with a primary 13MP sensor with an aperture of f/2.2, PDAF, and 1.12micron pixel size along with a secondary 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture combinedly, it is able to capture videos at 1080p at 30 fps.
Talking about the battery mounted on this budget category smartphone, you get a whopping 5,000 mAh battery along with 18W fast charging tech which is great given that phone is priced under Rs.10,000/-. Moreover, the device also offers reverse charging which isn’t available on any phone in this price range.
To be honest, Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual is indeed a powerful phone when it comes to its specifications which includes a giant 6.22-inch IPS LCD Panel and a Snapdragon 439 SoC under the hood. Redmi 8A Dual manages to get most things right although not expect it to be a performance beast as it will only disappoint you on graphics-intensive games. Moreover, its giant battery adds the gravitas for those who want a budget phone with excellent battery life but it does make some compromises justified by its price tag.