The Ultimate Edition of FIFA 23 has already been released, with the Standard Edition release coming soon. This means that millions of players will log into the new iteration of FIFA to build their starter squads in Ultimate Team. Using FIFA 23 Ultimate Team meta players will help you gain an advantage over your competition. For the uninitiated, meta players in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team are those players who may not have the highest stats in-game. However, their unique body type and stats important to their preferred positions are high. This makes these players an excellent choice if you don’t have too many coins to spend on the likes of Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe. If you’re planning to build a starter squad and aren’t sure which players to use, we’re here to help.
We’ve curated a list of the best FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Meta Players for you to purchase. If you can link these players in suitable formations with good chemistry, your starter squad will be almost unbeatable. So, let’s get started and check out the players!
Premier League (UK)
The English Premier League is a hotbed for excellent presentation and houses some of the world’s elite in club football. With recent moves for the likes of Antony and Erling Haaland, the Premier League is the league to use if you want a majority of the world’s best players in your team. Of course, Erling Haaland (88), Bernardo Silva (88), and Mohammed Salah (90) are the best players in their positions and are highly meta. However, they’re also extremely expensive for a starter squad, and unless you’ve got decent pack luck or plenty of coins, they can be challenging to obtain.
In case you’re looking for comparatively cheaper meta players, you can try out the players below. Expect their prices to fluctuate based on market trends. Nonetheless, if you can obtain them, they’ll give your team a much-needed boost.
- Darwin Nunez – Liverpool – 82 rated (ST)
- Lucas Paqueta – West Ham – 82 rated (CAM)
- Alphonse Areola – West Ham – 82 rated (GK)
- Allan Saint-Maximin – Newcastle United – 81 rated (LM)
- Diego Carlos – Aston Villa – 83 rated (CB)
- Bruno Fernandes – Manchester United – 86 rated (CAM)
- Raphael Varane – Manchester United – 84 rated (CB)
La Liga Santander (Spain)
Although La Liga is usually dominated by the likes of Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, and Athletico Madrid, some other Spanish teams have excellent links and cheaper meta players. Nonetheless, if you’re planning to build your starter team around La Liga, the best players will be the likes of Thibaut Courtois (90), Toni Kroos (88), and Robert Lewandowski (91). There are a few lower-rated meta players with extremely high market prices, though. Their meta stats are absolutely insane. FC Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele comes to mind. For cheaper meta players, you can check out the list below:
- Aurelian Tchouameni – Real Madrid – 82 rated (CM)
- Nabil Fekir – Real Betis – 85 rated (CAM)
- Alejandro Gomez – Sevilla – 84 rated (CAM)
- Inaki Williams – Athletic Bilbao – 81 rated (ST)
- Ronald Araujo – FC Barcelona – 83 rated (CB)
- Federico Valverde – Real Madrid – 84 rated (CM)
Ligue 1 (France)
The French top division has always been criticised for being a one-team league. PSG has dominated the league for most of the recent years, faltering once with Lille taking the league crown. This season seems no different, with PSG leading the race for the title of French champions. Of course, top stars such as Neymar (89), Mbappe (91), and Messi (91) are highly meta in the game. The league doesn’t have too many meta players from other teams. Nonetheless, we can take a look at a few of the players that you can purchase, depending on their market value. If the players listed are too expensive, wait a few days for their prices to drop, especially with upcoming promos.
- Renato Sanches – PSG – 80 rated (CM)
- Martin Terrier – Rennes – 81 rated (LW)
- Marco Verratti – PSG – 87 rated (CM)
- Wissam Ben Yedder – AS Monaco – 84 rated (ST)
- Sergio Ramos – PSG – 84 rated (CB)
- Presnel Kimpempe – PSG – 83 rated (CB)
Also read: FIFA 23 – Everything That You Need To Know
Similar to the French division, the German Bundesliga division has been widely regarded as a one-horse race. For almost a decade, Bayern Munich has been dominating the league, winning most, if not all, of the domestic club competitions. Thanks to their star power, they’ve got meta players such as Alphonso Davies (84), Manuel Neuer (90), and Sadio Mane (89). Other teams, such as RB Leipzig, also have the likes of Christopher Nkunku (86), who has always been meta in recent FIFA Ultimate Team editions. However, these player items are insanely expensive due to their meta construction and high overall ratings. So, let’s take a look at the cheaper meta cards from Bundesliga below:
- Leroy Sane – FC Bayern Munich – 84 rated (LM)
- Kevin Trapp – Frankfurt – 86 rated (GK)
- Matthias De Ligt – FC Bayern Munich – 85 rated (CB)
- Patrik Schick – Leverkusen – 85 rated (ST)
- Moussa Diaby – Leverkusen – 84 rated (RM)
- Lukas Klostermann – RB Leipzig – 80 rated (CB)
- Josko Gvardiol – RB Leipzig – 81 rated (CB)
Seria A TIM (Italy)
Over a decade ago, Seria A was one of the most dominant leagues in the world. Although Juventus had been the flagship club for the league recently, their downfall has allowed for the resurgence of teams such as AC Milan and Inter Milan. Players such as Mike Maignan (87), Nicolo Barella (86), and Lautaro Martinez are highly meta and quite expensive on the market today. However, there are some cheaper FIFA 23 Ultimate Team meta players from the Italian top division that you can add to your starter squad. If they’re too expensive for you to buy now, you can always wait a few days for the price to reduce, based on market trends. Let’s check them out below:
- Fikayo Tomori – AC Milan – 84 rated (CB)
- Ciro Immobile – Lazio – 86 rated (ST)
- Marcelo Brozovic – Inter – 86 rated (CDM)
- Paul Pogba – Juventus – 85 rated (CM)
- Sandro Tonali – AC Milan – 84 rated (CM)
- Nicolo Barella – Inter – 86 rated (CM)
The best way to get these excellent base cards into your starter teams is to gather enough coins through trading, completing pack-based SBCs (Squad Building Challenges), or playing online drafts. Of course, you’ll have to grind your way through to get the best players in the game, especially the FIFA 23 Ultimate Team meta players. Regardless, with a bit of hard work and plenty of matches, you should be able to acquire the starter team of your dreams. A meta-based starter team will be beneficial in the long run, as you can gather more player items without the need for immediate changes in your team. Hopefully, this list of the best meta players in FIFA 23 from each of the top five leagues helps you get the team of your dreams!