Google Pixel 2 is a premier Android device which is looking to overturn the entire flagship market with its single rear camera. Coming at a price of Rs. 38,319, Pixel 2 is a worthy device for budding photographers.
As the name hints, ‘Pixel’ 2 has a revolutionary camera that is upsetting flagship market. However, it does not rely on the camera only. It comes with a powerful processor and a tweaked, battery-saving Android Oreo that gives you a long-lasting phone experience. This phone is best suited for creative hands looking for both power and ability to showcase their talent through a phone.
Google Pixel 2 is not much of a looker. However, it can tackle the giant flagship competitors with its fantastic camera which is difficult to beat. Coupled with a powerful processor, Pixel 2 will not disappoint the average user.
It is equipped with one of the best cameras in the market. It can capture incredible images even in low-light and has quick focus. Using this camera, Pixel 2 can give flagship leaders a run for their money.
Powered by the reliable Snapdragon 835, Pixel 2 is fast and capable. Easy app-switching, seamless camera, and pleasant gaming experience – the processor packs a punch. Though the battery is small, in real-time it can last through the day, thanks to the Android battery saving features.
The thick bezels and noticeable pixels are unavoidable shortcomings in comparison to recent flagship models. However, the Google-integrated AI makes this phone a beauty that is recommended for any photographers trying to garner support for their talent on Instagram.
Google Pixel 2 comes with of the best cameras and a unique design that sets a fashion statement. However, the display backfires making it look very dated.
Released with FullHD, Google Pixel 2 handles and produces sharp images and vibrant colours, producing 148% of the sRGB colour gamut. However, the thick bezels get into the way and dampen the immersive experience. The display quality is not as sharp as Samsung smartphone models. It works properly with Google Daydream, but even at 1080p, individual pixels can be discerned. Pixel 2’s display only stands out if you ignore the bezels, which is difficult not to notice.
Google Pixel 2 does not come with a great design. Pixel 2 XL does a better job in improving the phone design. The feature that will stick out is the thick top and bottom bezels that reduces a lot of screen space and looks dated. It’s lightweight and fits in hand with its 5-inch screen, which is not as large as competing flagships. However, it comes with IP67 waterproof, which means it can survive 1-3.3m underwater for an hour. In Pixel 2, squeezing the side of the phone will get you to Google Assistant, a flagship feature that is better than LG G7 ThinQ’s dedicated button, and much more intuitive than Samsung’s Bixby button. However, Google does not allow any customisation of the button which means lesser freedom for the users to play with the settings. Following the recent change in the designs of most flagships, Google has also dropped the headphone jack, which is a downer.
Pixel 2 is equipped with Snapdragon 835, the same chipset as Galaxy S8, LG G6, and similar flagship phones. Partnered with a 4GB RAM, it has a fast real-time speed, sometimes topping S8 as well. It could transcode a 4K video clip to 1080p in Adobe Clips at about 2 minutes 55 seconds, compared to 4 minutes 7 seconds of Galaxy S8. Benchmark scores saw it performing at 6,282, without ever dropping under 6,000 even after introducing pressure situations like multiple app downloads. However, it falls behind S8’s score of 6,295 and Galaxy Note 8’s score of 6,564. Heavy games can run without any lag, and app-switching is smooth. Boot time measures at 10 seconds which is amazingly fast.
Pixel 2 bests its competitors with its outstanding camera. Equipped with a 12.2MP main camera, with a f/1.8 aperture, and 8MP selfie camera, with a f/2.4 aperture, this simple set can tackle high-end leaders of the flagship smartphone market. Pictures remain in focus and colour accuracy of Google gets it right everytime. Unlike other flagship, it comes equipped with portrait mode making the single camera work as well as dual sets. While ideal-light images are great, Pixel 2 takes the cake with its ability to light up a dim room producing amazing low-light photos too. Even iPhone 8 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 fails to capture as many details as Pixel 2. Video shooting is a joy with electronic image stabilisation that removes any distortion. The phone also comes with a steady Optical Image Stabilization which enhances low-light images.
Though equipped with a small 2,700 mAh battery, moderate use can make the phone last for a day easily. It could be a result of the tweaked Android Oreo version that is loaded with battery saving features. Even the 1080p display burns out any energy-consuming pixels resulting in better battery life. Comparative tests with Galaxy S8 Plus show Pixel 2 running for 11 hours 7 minutes, a bit higher than S8’s 11 hours 4 minutes. It comes with fast charging which will get up to 39% within 30-minutes. One problem is that it does not come with wireless charging, which is expected at this range.
While the looks of Pixel 2 does not impress, it comes with a stellar camera that is going to blow your mind. With similar performance as other flagship phones and moderate battery, Pixel doesn’t look to go for anything more than the camera feature. However, they beat the smartphone giants with their killer camera, making it a clear choice for amateur photographers who want to use their phones for heavy photography. Ignoring the camera, there are many better alternatives to this phone.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height5.74 inches
- Weight143 g
- ColorKinda Blue, Just Black, Clearly White
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body, partial glass back
- Width2.74 inches
- Display TypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Pixel Density441 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio67.90%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 540
- OSAndroid 8.0, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64/128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera12.2 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusDual Pixel PDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps (gyro-EIS), 1080p30/60/120fps (gyro-EIS), 720p240fps (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/3.2, 1.4 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2700 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging (capped at 10.5 W)USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- SIMNano-SIM card eSIM
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2017, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Google Pixel 2
Get the best price for Google Pixel 2
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
Discover Phones Best For You
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare