Honor is all set to capture the midrange market with its Honor 8X. Priced at Rs. 12,999, the phone will attract you with style, and keep you attached with its hardware.
The Honor 8X has most things going right for it. The phone has a good design, excellent display, and adequate performance. However, it falters in the camera department. It can be a great phone for average users, but photographers should not have high expectations from the photographic abilities of this phone.
Honor 8X will steal your heart with its incredible design. It has the following pros and cons:
- The phone comes with a glossy, unique design which makes it attractive.
- It has a headphone jack.
- The phone comes with a modern 19:5:9 display, which is vibrant and punchy.
- The performance of this phone is quite decent, making it value-for-money.
- The battery is adequately fueled and keeps chugging through the whole day.
- The phone is a bit hefty.
- It comes with an old Micro-USB port.
- The phone does not come with fast charging
- The cameras on this phone are quite average.
- As a mid-range phone, the Honor 8X fares well. It is a value for money phone and hence, is a recommended model for Honor fans.
With a fantastic look and powerful performance, the Honor 8X can capture the hearts of a midrange user with ease.
Honor X comes with a massive 6.5-inch screen. The display has a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. It is quite colourful and crisp. Plus, the phone has a modern 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Due to the lack of bezels and a thin chin, the phone gives a brilliant 91% screen-to-body ratio, which makes sure that the phone remains immersive. Plus, it has a blue light filter called Eye Comfort mode which, according to Huawei, is certified by TUV Rheinland. The display is strong enough for its price range.
Honor 8X stands tall in the market due to its unique design – it has a glassy dual-tone rear which makes it seem like it is made of glass. Honor refers to it as a visual grating effect since it uses multiple layers of glass to achieve the effect. However, this feature makes it prone to fingerprint smudges. The 8X has a vertically stacked camera which slightly bumps out. The right side hosts the power button and the volume rocker. The phone does come with a headphone jack, but it stays with the old Micro-USB port which makes this set a dated model. However, all in all, the build quality of Honor 8X is excellent craftsmanship and can be appreciated from the start.
The Honor 8X arrives with the Huawei-made HiSilicon Kirin 710 Chipset. The phone is paired with 4GB of RAM. Huawei Nova 3i used the same chipset. As a mid-range chipset, it is quite a capable one, with four of its Cortex-A73 cores running at 2.2GHz, and four Cortex-A53 cores running at 1.7 GHz. It is an efficient and fast processor, but along with that, the fluid EMUI that Huawei has brings about a smoothness in the functioning of the phone. Multitasking is mostly smooth, though intensive apps like Facebook messenger can make it a bit stuttery. The phone comes with a GPU Turbo to optimize gaming, and for that reason, you can run PUBG or Asphalt 9 on medium settings. You won’t experience any lags. Heating is also kept minimal. It gets a score of about 5,559 points on Geekbench multi-core tests, which is an awe-inspiring score.
The Honor 8X arrives with a dual camera module on its back – it has a 20MP primary sensor and a 2MP depth-sensing camera as well. You have AI integration on this camera too. However, with AI, the images can come out overexposed. The autofocus on this camera is quite fast and with good lighting, it is mostly accurate. The photos come out sharp and punchy. However, the night-times shots are just about passable. The details are lacking even when artificial light is used. AI does not perform well in low-light and tends to blow-out bright colours. Beautification makes the images appear too artificial.
The 16MP selfie camera does a better job regarding both image definition in ideal light situations as well as keeping up the sharpness of the images. The night shots come out mediocre, but the screen flash can help a little bit.
The Honor 8X can record 1080p video maxed at 60fps. You get jerky videos due to lack of stabilization.
Honor 8X is fitted with a 3,750mAh battery. An HD video loop test found out that it can stay alive for about 14 hours and 47 minutes, which is quite impressive. The phone is able to chug on for a whole day without a problem when it is put through moderate tests like a 15 minute session of gaming, streaming YouTube videos, using WiFi for social networking, and calling. The battery may have seemed inadequate for the HD+ screen, but it remains potent enough. It does not have fast charging and can take around 2 hours to go from dead to 100% charge.
Honor 8X looks excellent and as a mid-range model is comes with decent specification. It has a bright and punchy display which is powered by a capable battery. Along with that, the phone has a powerful processor under its hood that makes it one of the fastest in the mid-range market. However, it falters in the camera department, producing muted photos which lack enough details to satisfy an average photographer. There is no fast charging on this phone as well. It has several competitors to tackle, which include Note 5 Pro and ZenFone Max Pro M1. Also, new models like Nokia 6.1 Plus and Motorola One are great contenders. However, the Honor 8X remains capable and can be an excellent choice for many midrange users.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.31 inches
- Weight175 g
- ColorBlack, Blue, Red, Pink
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width3.02 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.5 inches
- Pixel Density397 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.00%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPHisilicon Kirin 710 (12 nm)
- GPUMali-G51 MP4
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 9.0
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera20 MP, f/1.8, 27 mm (wide)2 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30/60fps, 480fps, stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0, 26 mm (wide)
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3750 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- NFCYes (JSN-L21 only)
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Honor 8X
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8SAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMotorola Moto G7 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹12,800Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Z3Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme 2 Pro₹10,599Add to compare
- 8spec scoreNokia 6.1 Plus₹9,275Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A60Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreNokia 7 Plus₹12,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO A9₹11,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare