How to Check Name in Voter List Online?
If you want to make sure that your name is on the Voter List, you can easily check it up online! Here’s how to do it.
Highlights of the Story
- Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Election is scheduled for February 10, 2022.
- You can check your name in voter’s list online with just a few clicks.
- Here’s a step-by-step guide to make things easier for you.
Next up, we have the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Election coming up. It is all set to kick off from February 10, 2022, and you may want to check your name in voter list. However, with the ongoing COVID Omicron variant being at its peak, you may not be entirely confident about heading over to the booth to do so. You can check name in voter list online itself which eliminates all these problems.
Do note that you need to check name in Voter List online ten days ahead of the elections. You may now ask, why so? Well, in case there are any errors in your listing, they can be changed. Once you have gone past the ten days before elections window, no alterations to your listing will be allowed. Now, without any further ado, here is how to check your name in voter list 2022?
How to Check Name in Voter List Online 2022?
Just having a Voter ID card is not enough to cut it. You do need to check whether you are eligible to vote in the current ongoing elections. The online way to do so has made everything ten times easier. If you are confused about how to check name in voter list online, don’t worry, we have got you covered.
There are two ways to go about this. Let us take a quick look at how to do both of them. First things first, you need to head over to the official National Voter’s Service Portal of India. Via this website, you can check name in Voting List by the two methods. One is via the ‘Search by Details’ method and the other with your EPIC number.
Check Name in Voter List via ‘Search by Details’
Here’s how to check your name in Voter List via this method:
Step 1: Firstly, as mentioned before, you will need to head over to the official National Voter’s Service Portal of India.
Step 2: Then, select the ‘Search by Details’ tab.
Step 3: Here, fill in all the required information like your name, date of birth and others.
Step 4: You will be seeing a Captcha towards the name. Fill in the box below with what you see in the Captcha.
Step 5: With this, you are good to go and click on ‘Search’.
Now, if you are name is in the Voter List, you will see it upon clicking on the Search button. However, if it does not show up, there’s a good chance that your name is not there this time. Don’t worry, it is not the end of the world and you can still vote. Just contact the nearest Electoral Office and notify the authorities there about this.
Check Name in Voter List via ‘Search By EPIC Number’
The other way to check name in Voter List is via EPIC number. Follow these steps to do it easily:
Step 1: For starters, click on the ‘Search by EPIC Number’ tab beside the ‘Search by Details’ tab.
Step 2: Under this, type in your EPIC number.
Step 3: Then, select the state that you are from.
Step 4: Type in the Captcha text.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Search’ button.
As mentioned in the ‘Search by Details’ method, if your name shows up, well and good. If it does not, you will have to contact the nearest Electoral Office.
So, you have come here looking for answers right? We shall exactly provide you with them to the best of our knowledge. Here are a couple of commonly asked questions regarding how to check name in Voter List, which we answer for you.
Q1. How can I register in voter list?
In order to register in the voting list, you have to apply for a new EPIC number. Now, this automatically registers you as an eligible voter in the voter list. However, if you are still not registered in the list, you can file a complaint. To file a complaint, navigate to the NVSP official website.
Q2. How to check my name in voter list?
In order to check and find your name in the voting list:
- Head over to the official NVSP website.
- Here, look for and click on ‘Search your name in electoral roll’ option.
- Under the tabs ‘Search by details’ and ‘Search by EPIC No’, fill in all the required details.
- Once you search, your name will appear. If it does, your name is in the voter list so, don’t worry.
Q3. How to download voter list?
To download voter list, you need to head over to the official ECI (Election Commission of India) website.
Q4. What do I do in case I do not find my name in the voter list?
You need to contact your nearest Electoral Office and check with an officer about the issue. Here are some reasons for your name not being there in the voting list:
- You have changed your constituency.
- You have deleted the name.
- Just a technical glitch in the server. Try again after some time if this is the case.
We most certainly do hope that this step-by-step guide helps you in understanding the ins and outs of it all. Let us know in the comments section if this helped. Stay tuned for more such helpful tips and tricks!
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why we think iPhone 13 is essentially FAILED in India.
- Should you buy the OnePlus 9 in late 2021?