The Aadhaar card is amongst the most significant government identity proofs because it holds the cardholder’s demographic and biometric data. Nonetheless, there may be times when a person’s Aadhaar information needs to be updated. Aadhaar can be updated in two ways: through the help of the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) or by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Continue reading to learn how to change the photograph on your Aadhar card.
While demographic data such as name, address, date of birth/age, gender, phone number, and email address could be updated online, biometric data must always be updated at the Aadhaar Enrollment centre. Biometric data includes things like an iris, fingerprints, and a face image.
How to Change/Update Photograph in Aadhaar Card
You can update your Aadhaar information by going to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. To change the photograph on your Aadhaar card, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra in your area.
- Go to the UIDAI website and download the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction/Update Form.
- Hand in your application to the executive and verify your biometric information.
- The executive will now capture a live photograph of you.
- You will be required to provide biometrics in order for your information to be verified.
- To get your information updated, you must pay a cost of Rs. 100.
- You will be given an Acknowledgement slip with your URN on it.
- You may check the update status by using the Update Request Number (URN).
Also read: Using UPI App? 5 Safety Tips You Must Follow
Thing to keep in mind when Updating the Photograph on the Aadhaar Card
- Changing the photo on your Aadhaar card does not require any documents.
- You do not need to submit a photograph because the executive takes one using the camera on the spot.
- It could take up to 90 days for the information to be updated in Aadhaar.
- Using the URN provided on the Acknowledgement Slip, you can track the progress of your Aadhaar update online.
- There is no online method to change the photograph on an Aadhar card via the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Steps to Download the Aadhaar Card Online
You can now download your updated Aadhaar card online once your application to change the photograph in Aadhar completes. To download your updated Aadhaar Card, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official Aadhar website at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ section of the website.
- You can either click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option or go straight to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Choose ‘Aadhaar Number’ option from the menu.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, which is 12 digits long.
- Click ‘I Want a Masked Aadhaar?’ from the options.
- Fill in the ‘Captcha Code’ to verify your identity.
- To get the one-time password on your registered phone number, select the ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter a TOTP’ option.
- Complete the ‘Take a Quick Survey’ after entering the 6-digit OTP.
- To download your e-Aadhaar card, select the ‘Verify and Download’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I change or update the photograph on my Aadhaar card?
Yes, you may update or change your photograph on your Aadhaar Card by going to an Aadhar Enrolment Center near you.
Q. How long will it take for my photo to be updated on my Aadhaar card?
Your photograph in Aadhaar will be updated within 90 days, according to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Q. Is it necessary to update my photograph on my Aadhaar Card?
It is essential that all of the information on your Aadhaar Card is correct and up to date. However, it is also a good idea to update your photo.
Q. What documents do I need to update my photograph on my Aadhaar Card?
To update your photo on your Aadhaar Card, you do not need to submit any documents. All you have to do is bring your Aadhaar Card to an Aadhaar Kendra near you.
Q. How much does it cost to update the photograph on an Aadhaar card?
The cost of updating your photograph on your Aadhaar card is Rs. 100. UIDAI decides these charges.
Q. Where can I get an Aadhaar Correction Form to update or change my photograph on my Aadhaar Card?
You. can find the Aadhar Correction Form on the UIDAI’s official website, which allows you to change or update your photograph on your Aadhaar Card.
Q. How much does the Aadhaar Correction Form cost to update the photograph on the Aadhar Card?
The Aadhaar Correction Form, which is used to update the photograph on the Aadhar Card, is free.
So, can I change my photograph on my Aadhaar Card online?
No, you can only change your demographic information (such as your name, address, date of birth, gender, phone number, and email address) online. You must go to the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre to get your biometrics (fingerprints, iris, and photograph) for Aadhaar.