10 Amazing Alexa Tips & Tricks That You Must Try On Amazon Echo
There is no doubt that Amazon Alexa is not an amazing smart home assistant. In this article, we have mentioned some of the best Amazon Alexa tricks that you can try with your Echo devices. Let’s get on.
Table Of Contents
- 1Amazon Alexa Tricks
Highlights of the Story
- Amazon Alexa is an amazing home assistant that comes with exciting features.
- On the fun side, this exciting gadget has more features than we can comprehend. That’s why we have compiled a list of Amazon Alexa Tips and tricks that you can use and utilise your device to its optimum.
Amazon Alexa is an amazing home assistant with some awesome tips and tricks up its sleeve. I am using the Amazon Echo, and trust me, it is very useful. This Bluetooth speaker is one step ahead in our time, you can simply ask to tell Alexa to play a song, and it will start playing it. However, the most exciting part about Amazon Alexa is its usability; worried about washing clothes, or boiling vegetables, just set a reminder, and Alexa will remind you on your Amazon Echo.
So, if you’re like me, who’s using Amazon Echo for fun, here are some Amazon Alexa tricks that you can ask your Echo to do.
Amazon Alexa Tricks
1. Change Alexa’s Name:
Did you know you can change the name of your Amazon Alexa? Just go to the setting panel of your Alexa app and change the calling voice to Amazon or Echo. This is so fun and so easy. However, you won’t be able to call Alexa, Alexa which means only you’ll be able to control the device.
2. Say anything with Simon says:
This is probably the best Amazon Alexa trick that you play with your friends. Just say the ‘Simon Say‘ command to Alexa, and say anything that you want Alexa to say. It will repeat the words. Fair warning, try not to say any curse words. Haha!
3. Play everywhere with Echo devices:
Have multiple echo devices in your house? Just add them into your Amazon Alexa account and synchronise them together. Make sure to give the specific commands to Alexa to play everywhere, and it will start playing on all your Echo devices. Of course, this fun Amazon Alexa trick will only work if you have multiple Echo devices at your home.
4. Create separate profile
Did you know you can create a separate profile on your Alexa device for every member of your family? This is very easy. Just tell Alexa to create a profile, and it will ask you the name of the profile; each profile can have a different preference, which means each profile will have different reminders, calendars, shopping lists etc.
5. Assign pin code for Amazon purhcase
You can assign a simple pin code for your Amazon Account, which means if you ask your Alexa to buy something from your Amazon account, it will ask you for that pin and keep the purchase reserved for you. This helps a lot if you don’t want anyone else to order from your Amazon account just by giving Alexa commands.
6. Connect your smart devices
Have some smart devices at your home? Just connect to your Amazon Alexa and control all the features of your smart devices by saying it whether you have a smart light, smart tv, or any other smart home appliance. Just go to the device setting of your Alexa app and search for all the devices. Find you device and connect it with the Amazon Alexa.
7. Say Alexa find my phone
Forget where you kept you smartphone? Just ask Alexa to find your device and it will call you smartphone. Though, you might find it between the cushion or the pillow, so maybe you should check their first. This Fun Amazon Alexa trick can help you out in finding your phone in your house, however, don’t tell many people this trick; specially kids.
8. Ask Alexa to flip a coin
Having difficulty in making a decision? Or who should go first? Ask Alexa to flip a coin, and it will tell you the answer. This fun Alexa trick will you help you out in case you’re playing a game and ou want to make a quick decision.
9. Ask Alexa to Spell a word
Confused about the spelling of a word? Just ask Alexa to look for it and it will tell you the spelling. This sweet Amazon Alexa trick is loved by kids who keeps forgetting spelling, and their meaning.
10. Set a routine on Alexa
Setting a routine on Alexa is perhaps the best trick that you can try. Frankly, it helps a lot in making sure you get the right information at the right time. For example, set a alarm in the morning with weather reports, and after couple of minutes set an auto music playback with morning music, later you can set Alexa to read news for you, and so on.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.