How to Factory Reset Your MacBook, iPad, iPod
If you wish to sell or trade-in your old iPhone or MacBook, you’ll need to erase all of your personal data. A factory reset is the simplest way to accomplish this. Of course, it isn’t the only reason you use the self-wiping features on your devices. You might be trying to free up some iCloud storage. Perhaps your MacBook, iPad, or iPod isn’t working properly, and you’re thinking a fresh start might be the answer.
How to Factory Reset Your MacBook
It’s a good idea to reset your computer to factory settings before selling or trading it in, whether it’s an iMac or a MacBook. The steps to do so are listed below.
- Restart your computer by pressing and holding the power button > select Restart from the menu that appears.
- Hold down the ‘Command‘ and ‘R‘ keys as the computer restarts.
- Release the ‘Command and R keys’ once you see the Apple logo appear.
- Select Disk Utility from the Recovery Mode menu when it appears.
- In your Disk Utility window, ensure that the ‘Macintosh HD’ startup disk is highlighted > select Erase
- There should be a pop-up window appearing. Change the Format to macOS Extended (Journaled) and then select Erase again.
- In the Disk Utilities menu, click Quit Disk Utility.
- The option to reinstall macOS will appear in a window; select Install macOS.
- Your MacBook has been successfully factory reset once the updated macOS has been installed.
Restore your iPad, iPod to Factory Settings
- Open Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later. Open iTunes on a Mac running macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC.
- Connect your gadget to your computer by using the USB cable.
- Follow the onscreen instructions if a notification requests your device passcode or that you Trust This Computer.
- When your device shows on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, select it.
- Select [device] and then click Restore. If you’re logged into Find My, you must first log out before clicking Restore.
- To confirm, click Restore once again. Your computer wipes your device and instals the most recent versions of iOS, iPadOS, and iPod software.
- Your device will restart when it has been restored to factory settings. You may now set it up as if it were brand new.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…