Entering the new year, the Huawei P30 Pro is all set to become a camera king of the flagship market. Priced at Rs 71,990, the phone brings in all the premium hardware that makes it a Huawei flagship.
As a king of ultra-tech cameras, the Huawei P30 Pro comes with a difference, changing the very philosophy of photography on which the previous Huawei P series used to stand on. Along with that, it arrives with robust hardware and decent display, all of which make this a masterpiece in the fierce competition of premium handsets.
Huawei P30 Pro is all set to define photography and tap into the market of photographers. A few pros and cons are:
- With the glass and metal chassis, the Huawei P30 Pro arrives as a premium phone that glistens against the light.
- It has wireless charging as well as reverse charging.
- The phone comes with a robust in-house processor Kirin 980 which can run different apps without a problem.
- The massive battery of Huawei P30 Pro has the potential to run the phone for two days with moderate use. Plus, it comes with fast charging tech.
- The main highlight of P30 Pro is the beautiful set of rear camera which comes with the RYYB sensor developing amazing daylight shots and low-light images without dropping the photo quality.
- The performance of Huawei P30 Pro is admirable, but it doesn’t reach the blazing fast speed of Samsung S10 Plus.
- The selfie camera is quite average and produces average images which lack details.
The Huawei P30 Pro is a capable phone that can match against premium sets like the Samsung S10 Plus. If you are someone who has a love for photography, then the Huawei P30 Pro can be a great buy.
Huawei bets on its title of camera king and wins it all with the P30 Pro, adding to it a carefully-crafted design, fantastic performance, and stunning display.
The Huawei P30 Pro arrives with a dew-drop notch that allows the user enough screen space to work with. The phone comes with a 6.47-inch FHD+ Resolution with the latest 19:5:9 aspect ratio. In general, the display on the phone is stellar. The colors are bright and punchy, and the phone is quite sharp.
The viewing angles are great too. However, this phone is far from being the sharpest phone in the market. In comparison, Samsung Galaxy’s incredible AMOLED screen steals the title, providing deeper colors, excellent contrast, and intense colors as well.
It is expected that the hole-punch camera will be the trend in 2019, but P30 Pro comes with a difference. It has a dewdrop front with a bulky build due to the massive battery that it holds. You won’t find any speakers on this phone. Instead, it uses magnets to create vibrations and projects the audio directly to your ears.
The curved sides make it easy to hold, and the glass gives it a premium touch along with an attractive glistening. The gradient effect amplifies the appearance while the metal chassis makes it robust and reliable. However, the glass makes the phone a bit slippery too. Since the phone arrives with wireless charging, glass is the only option till now.
The P30 Pro comes with Huawei’s octa-core Kirin 980 processor which is the same as the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Plus, this phone arrives with 8GB RAM. Just like the Mate 20 Pro, this phone is a beautiful performer. It can run any games with high-end graphics without entering in lag mode.
App switching is easy, and you can run multiple apps without a problem. Even the AI-enabled EMUI works efficiently. However, the phone performance does not guarantee that it will be suitable enough to run for 12-24 months. While a solid performer, the Kirin 980 processor does not reach the performance heights of Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
The real grab of Huawei P30 Pro is its camera. It comes with three rear cameras, the main being the 40MP camera with an f/1.6 aperture. Along with that, there is a 20MP ultra-wide camera and a fantastic 8MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom. The P20 Pro has a large pack of cameras which made it an instant hit, and with P30 Pro, you get a modified version of it.
The P30 Pro comes with a beautiful 3x lossless optical zoom, and now, it has been increased to 5x optical zoom. Plus, it comes with a 10x lossless hybrid zoom, a feature which uses AI to sharpen the images and remove any jerks due to shaking hands. But Huawei hasn’t just worked on its zoom. I
t has started from scratch and used a new quadruple camera system. Unlike the Red-Green-Blue (RGB) sensor, the camera captures Red-Yellow-Yellow-Blue (RYYB), making the yellow absorb more light than the Green parts, and thus, gathering a lot more information.
The zoom feature is phenomenal: it is crystal clear and works well even at night. In daylight, the images appear sharp and beauty and lack the fuzziness that Samsung S10 phones have. The low light doesn’t take a hit either, coming with a beautiful contrast as well.
The P30 Pro arrives with a massive 32MP selfie camera – which has both HDR and super low-light features. While the sensor is massive, the phone does not produce as good selfies as the rear set. The images lack detail and the beauty mode make them artificial.
Huawei P30 Pro arrives with a massive 4,200 mAh battery. Even after hours of heavy use, like gaming, the phone did not lose much of its charge, getting to 45% – which leaves about 17 and a half hour of charge. This phone could efficiently run for two days without a problem, even with moderate use.
Plus, the 40W SuperCharge that the phone comes with can get the phone from 0 to 70% within half an hour. Moreover, you have the wireless charging as well as reverse charging which will enable you to charge other’s phone with your handset.
Huawei P30 Pro comes with one main highlight – the camera. Starting from scratch, the RYYB sensor and incredible low-light capabilities make P30 Pro standout in the market. It even tackles Samsung Galaxy S10’s fuzzy captures. Regarding design, Huawei stands true to its similar design and it looks quite good too.
However, the performance of the phone does not seem next-gen and can be easily beaten by competitors. Other than that, the P30 Pro is a camera king and keep taking the title for Huawei. It is an ideal handset for photographers.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.22 inches
- Weight192 g
- ColorBreathing Crystal,Aurora
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.89 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.47 inches
- Pixel Density398 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio88.60%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- GPUMali-G76 MP10
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 9.1
- Expandable MemoryNM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage256GB 8GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLeica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p960fps
- Quad Camera40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4, 5x optical zoom20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7TOF 3D camera
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera32 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 0.8 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Atmos sound
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4200 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 40W (70% in 30 min)Fast wireless charging 15WPower bank/Reverse wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2019, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Huawei P30 Pro
Get the best price for Huawei P30 Pro
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8.3spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A70₹27,090Add to compare
- 8.4spec scoreHuawei Mate 20 Pro₹59,000Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHuawei P30Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor 20 ProAdd to compare
- 8.2spec scoreVivo V15₹17,750Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 2₹42,499Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreHuawei P20 ProAdd to compare
- 8.1spec scoreHonor 20₹22,999Add to compare
- 8.3spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9Add to compare
- 8.2spec scoreLenovo Z6 Pro₹31,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare