- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
Huawei P40 Pro Plus
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,270Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹10,939VSOPPO K1₹11,999Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹40,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,839Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Overflow design, powerful processor onboard with 5G network support, and excellent camera setup, Huawei P40 Pro Plus is a master blaster of smartphones.
- Blazing fast wired, wireless & reverse charging solutions
- High-quality professional camera setup
- Flagship-grade performance
- Curved display, ceramic frame & back panel, and IP68 water-resistant
- Uses a proprietary memory card (NM)
- There’s no Google Mobile Services
- 4K60 video resolution
- There are no stereo speakers
Huawei P40 series is a well-known flagship line-up with high-end smartphones with excellent camera technologies on board. Talking about Huawei P40 Pro Plus, the eldest of the siblings, the device brings on-board Kirin 990 5G SoC along with up to 8GB RAM, 512GB of storage, a large 4,200 mAh battery along with a Penta-camera setup at the back in partnership with Leica along with a dual-camera setup at the front. It is soon releasing in India at an extraordinary price tag.
Huawei P40 Pro Plus Price in India
Talking about the price tag, Huawei P40 Pro+ Plus was launched at a price tag of 1,400 Euros that takes it to the next level over its other siblings. It is expected to fetch a whopping Rs 117,490/- price in India when it arrives in India soon. It is expected to make a splash in India on July 07, 2020, although it is a rumoured release date and isn’t confirmed yet.
Huawei P40 Pro+ gets a glass front with a ceramic black with a ceramic frame that amplifies its appearance and luxury and yet takes it way beyond the price tag of a flagship phone. At the back, there’s a huge rectangular-shaped camera bump at the back that houses its Penta-camera setup. Then we have power and volume buttons to the right, Corning Gorilla Glass on-top, an impressive under-the-display fingerprint scanner, a USB Type-C port, SIM card slot, a speaker grille and a primary mic at the button while the top has an IR blaster and a secondary mic and finally, a third mic near the rear camera setup.
About the display, the Huawei P40 Pro+ sports a 6.58-inch OLED panel with a 1200×2640 pixels with a 441 PPI density that makes the display richer and vibrant. The display takes over 91.6% screen-to-body ratio and it is HDR10 ready with a 90Hz refresh rate that makes it way smoother than the flagship devices with 60Hz panels.
Never doubt that a flagship device from Huawei won’t impress you with its charismatic design. The same goes for Huawei P40 Pro+ with its brilliant bezel-less display thanks to the overflow screen. The front embodies a dual punch-hole cutout that looks pretty large and here, Huawei could have reduced its size as it is an eyesore for many. The bezels on top and bottom are extremely tiny and are curved that gives the phone a nearly edge-to-edge display.
Under the hood, Huawei P40 Pro+ does sport a seriously powerful processor capable of handling its professional camera setup. It runs on the latest Kirin 990 5G SoC manufacturing on a 7nm+ node with two cores at a max frequency of 2.86GHz. It is flanked with a Mali-G76 MP16 that takes care of the graphics processing on this ultra flagship phone. Furthermore, there’s 8GB of RAM along with 256GB/512GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage that can be further expanded up to 256GB using a Nano Memory card.
Huawei P40 Pro+ runs on the latest EMUI 10.1 (Based on Android 10) but it lacks the support of the Google Play services which means you cannot access the Google Play store for installing apps. Instead, it is provided with Huawei App Gallery. The interface of the EMUI 10.1 gives access to an all-new user experience and a multi-access control panel.
Talking about the optics on-board, Huawei P40 Pro+ packs in a high-end Penta-camera setup with a 50MP primary sensor with 2.44micron pixel size, omnidirectional PDAF & OIS; a secondary 8MP periscope telephoto with 240mm focal length,, OIS, 10x optical zoom with PDAF; a tertiary 8MP telephoto sensor with OIS, 3x optical zoom, PDAF and an aperture of f/2.4; a fourth 40MP ultrawide PDAF with 1/1.54” sensor size, the aperture of f/1.8, and finally, a 3D ToF depth sensor. Combined, the Huawei P40 Pro Plus is capable of shooting up to 4K videos while yanking it to 960fps at 1080p and in-between.
Moving ahead, the front dual-punch hole camera setup sports a 32MP primary sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8micron pixel size, with AF and an IR ToF 3D depth sensor that doubles as biometrics sensor as well. It is capable of recording videos at 4K resolution at 60fps.
Huawei P40 Pro Plus sports a large 4,200 mAh Li-Po battery with a 40W fast charging tech that should charge the battery in around an hour. The device is also packed with a 40W fast wireless charging tech and a 27W fast reverse wireless charging tech that gives it an excellent and rapid speed to charge the phone and other devices.
Unless you are someone who wants a phone with almost the same specs as Huawei P40 Pro but with a ceramic frame, we would suggest you go for the Pro one. It’s the telephoto camera is a USP while its action-packed processor, ultra-premium design with overflow curved display is something you wouldn’t find on others easily. But it lacks Google Mobile Services so say goodbye to any Google apps and services until the trade war between the US and China ends.