iPhone SE comes as a mid-range phone from the premium brand. Priced at Rs. 16,999, it makes sure that it delivers most of the Apple flagship features at the mid-range price level.
It delivers on the Apple guarantee. While it may look dated, it performs like a modern phone. However, it comes with the same iPhone drawback, which is the poor battery, but it still carries one of the better batteries of the iPhone series and hence, could be recommended for any average user.
iPhone SE looks the same as iPhone 5S. However, it is fitted with the modern power-packer A9 processor that keeps it blazing fast. Also, it arrives with a capable camera for clicking detailed shots.
iPhone SE comes with a fantastic processor which is one of the best in the smartphone market. It gives a silky-smooth performance and can run heavy games without an issue. Multitasking works like a breeze.
The iSight Camera with which iPhone SE arrives is one of a kind. It can click pictures in challenging situations and yet be able to produce beautiful details. The camera of iPhone SE offers a delightful photography experience.
As a mid-range phone, the iPhone SE is a beast. It has a better battery than 5S and comes with enough features that can make an average user go weak at their knees. It is an easy choice for any person going for premium phone qualities at a lower price.
iPhone SE is an affordable model which arrives with flagship performance and camera, though it comes tied with the poor battery life of Apple.
The screen of iPhone SE is a direct adaptation of the iPhone 5. It has the Retina display which on the small screen that it arrives in makes it look sharp. It comes with the resolution of 1136 x 640 and keeps the same number of pixels as iPhone 6S which makes it a premium display. Sunlight legibility is also top notch getting as high as 547.2 nits of brightness but not as high as the 618 nits registered by Xperia Z5 Compact, though Huawei Honor 5X gets a lower 529 nits. On the whole, the phone comes with a guaranteed Apple display at a lower cost. However, the SE drops the 3D Touch feature which is quite a disappointment for iPhone fans.
The iPhone SE has a similar design as iPhone 5S but with slight modifications. It comes with chamfered edges and a matte finish instead of the previous polished one. It blends seamlessly with the aluminium sides making it look premium. The metal chassis has an impressive finish, and now it arrives with a rose coloured tint. At 113g, it is quite light and sits comfortably in hand. It does not come with the certification of water resistance, which is a bit of a surprise for the premium brand but can be expected due to the price range. All in all, it is compact, but still looks dated.
iPhone SE comes with the dashing fast A9 processor which can easily beat any Android flagship without a sweat. It can launch apps lightning fast, and when it comes to switching multiple apps, it can do so without any noticeable drop in speed. The camera app opens quickly and starts working fast too. If you have been frustrated by the sluggish performance of iPhone 5, the amount of power that iPhone SE brings will be a welcome change. Benchmark scores put the phone at 28474 which easily beats Sony Xperia Z5 Compact’s 26406. As usual, iPhone has delivered an incredible processor that is capable of topping benchmark charts even though it arrives at a cheaper cost.
iPhone SE’s 12MP iSight camera is one of the best in the market and is only beaten by the dual-pixel camera of Galaxy S7. Due to the presence of its fast focus which is quite snappy, the phone can not only provide brilliant photos in adequate light conditions, but it also presents decent images when it comes to low light situations.
The Live Photos feature works very well and captures a 1-second stream of memory both before and after a shot, with both audio and video.
The iPhone SE has also got something in store for the selfie fans. While the 1.2MP selfie camera is not spectacular, but it is a decent one and can click sharp selfies. However, 6S’ selfie camera produces sharper selfies, but it’s a slight difference. The SE also has True Tone flash feature lighting up the face when in the dark with its screen light.
iPhone SE’s most significant difference from the iPhone 5S is the battery life that it offers. It comes with a 1624 mAh battery which when put to a battery test, lasts for an impressive 8 hours and 35 minutes while browsing the web whereas the iPhone 5 lasts for just a meagre 5 hours and 46 minutes. It is quite impressive though it does not offer a one-day battery runtime with moderate and heavy use.
iPhone SE is one of the affordable models of iPhone, but Apple does not cut corners due to the drop in price. While it may not sport the screen of 6S, it comes with an eye-catching display and a powerful processor which makes it stand out in the midrange market. However, the selfie camera could have been better, and the decision to drop the 3D Touch could hit hard for fans of that feature. However, if you want to go for an Android variant, then you can go for the Huawei Honor 5x which has a metal body and better display but cannot beat iPhone SE’s dashing performance.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height4.87 inches
- Weight113 g
- ColorSpace Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.31 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size4.0 inches
- Pixel Density326 ppi
- Display Resolution640 x 1136 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio60.80%
- CPUDual-core 1.84 GHz Twister
- Chipset GPApple A9 (14 nm)
- GPUPowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)
- OSiOS 9.3.2, upgradable to iOS 12.3
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Single Camera12 MP, f/2.2, 29mm (standard), 1/3, 1.22 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps, 1080p120fps, 720p240fps
- Front Camera Video720p30fps
- Single Camera1.2 MP, f/2.4, 31mm (standard)
- Front Camera FeaturesFace detection, HDR, panorama
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features16-bit/44.1kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 14 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity1624 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 50 h
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- NFCYes (Apple Pay only)
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2016, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2016, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 6.3spec scoreApple iPhone 6₹23,990Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreApple iPhone 8 Plus₹39,900Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreApple iPhone 8₹38,900Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Add to compare
- 6.6spec scoreApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreApple iPhone 7 Plus₹33,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare