Is It Worth Buying Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Right Now?
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra hit the market in late January this year. Like the name the device also gets a big design and extra features such as improved cameras and a humongous battery. Similarly, the pricing is also on the premium side. The device can be a great choice for someone who loves big size smartphones. Let’s check out whether the device worth buying or not.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung S21 Ultra is the latest and greatest flagship smartphone by Samsung that was launched this year.
- The device features a completely new design with a huge camera hump at the back. And the Exynos 2100 delivers excellent performance.
- If you’re thinking about whether the S21 Ultra is the best smartphone for you or not. Here is your answer.
Samsung S21 Ultra is the latest flagship smartphone by Samsung that was launched this year in January 2021. Samsung has started launching an Ultra variant for its flagship smartphones starting 2020 that offers ultra-premium specs featuring the best-in-class cameras and innovative features.
The main difference between the S21 ultra and the other two variants is its big screen size, extra camera sensors, and bigger battery. But we have to look at several factors before buying the device as it is a super expensive flagship device. And if you are wondering whether this smartphone is worth it for you or not? Let’s find out in this article.
Best in Class Display: Samsung S21 Ultra
Samsung is known for making high-quality displays. There is no doubt in calling them the market leaders in terms of manufacturing a display. So, you always expect great quality from Samsung displays in their flagship smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra features a QHD dynamic AMOLED display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and HDR10+, support. The display is excellent and deisplays brilliant colors with a max of 1500 nits brightness.
Overall the quality of its display makes it ahead of any other flagship smartphone. You get a super smooth scrolling and gameplay experience, all thanks to the 120hz refresh rate display.
Overall the S21 Ultra features the best display you can have on any smartphone in 2021 and this is the department in which the S21 ultra shines.
Samsung S21 Ultra Performance
The performance on this device is pretty great like what you would expect from a device in that price range. It is powered by an Exynos 2100 chipset which is the main reason for its smooth experience.
The S21 Ultra can easily handle any high processor-intensive tasks with ease. You can open several tabs at the same time and you won’t feel any problem. All this is possible with good RAM management at the OS level and a massive 12GB RAM that is enough for all multitasking and gaming.
The device came preloaded with Android 11 and One UI 3.1 which is very well optimized. It will also get the new Andoird 12 soon after its release which will make the performance even better.
Although the Exynos 2100 chipset is great, one thing to notice here is the S21 gets a Snapdragon 888 processor in US and China which performs much better. But the Exynos variant in India performs quite well and delivers an excellent performance.
The battery life of the S21 Ultra is quite good but it depends on individual usage. It gets a 5000 mAh battery which supports 25W fast charging. If you’re an average user it can easily give you 13-15 hours of battery backup. Also, it doesn’t come with any charger in the box now, so you have to buy it separately.
Samsung S21 Ultra Design
The Samsung S21 series design has been very much different from its previous S-series smartphones. It might look great for some and some might not like it. The S21 ultra is a massive device and its quite heavy, and sometimes it might be uncomfortable to hold in hand.
Overall the design looks quite premium and unique, especially because of that new camera hump. The massive camera bump looks good but it makes the device quite uncomfortable to hold. Also, the camera hump makes the device wobble while putting it on any table.
The Magical 100x Zoom Camera
The Galaxy S21 Ultra features a quad camera setup including 108MP wide, 10MP periscope telephoto, 10MP telephoto, 12MP ultra-wide cameras. These cameras also have up to 100X zoom capability which doesn’t perform quite well at the max 100x levels but delivers decent pictures up to 30x, anything beyond that is quite pixellated.
It can capture vibrant and detailed photos in good light. In terms of low light the performance is good but nothing very exceptional. In the front, you get a 40MP f/2.2 wide selfie camera.
Also Read: Best Smartphones To Play Call Of Duty Mobile
How S21 Ultra Stands With its Competition?
If we look at the competition for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, then there are only a few devices that actually compete with it.
The first and device we have is the iPhone 12 Pro max, It was launched last year in October as a flagship device of Apple. The device is very similar to S21 Ultra in its size. But the main difference comes with the display as the iPhone 12 Pro Max still features a Super Retina XDR OLED display with 60 Hz which we don’t expect in a premium device.
It might give a very tough competition to S21 Ultra in terms of performance as the A14 Bionic chipset is highly optimized.
Similarly, you have the iPhone 12 Pro, it can do everything that iPhone 12 Pro Max can. The only difference is their size as it features a 6.1 inches display.
If you are only interested in Android then, you have the latest offering by OnePlus, the OnePlus 9 Pro which is a very powerful device and can beat S21 Ultra in several aspects. And it is even priced very less than the S21 Ultra.
Also Read: Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!
Is it Worth Buying Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra RIght Now!
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is a great device that features best in class display, powerful processors, magical cameras that deliver up to 100x zoom and a massive battery. The device is totally future proof and will get Android updates for the next 2 years as promised by Samsung.
The S21 Ultra is for everyone who can carry a heavy smartphone in their pockets, but it can be quite uncomfortable to carry the smartphone in some cases. Also, the new Samsung Note 21 series is going to be announced in a few months and this would deliver a better experience as compared to the S21 Ultra.
If can find a good deal on the S21 Ultra then this is a good buy right now. We are sure you won’t be disappointed.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Review
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…