The premium flagship brand, LG lowers its price and presents a budget variant with the LG reliability in the phone LG W30. Priced at Rs 9,999, the phone is loaded with features that make it less of a budget phone and more of a low mid-range phone.
With good looks, great battery and a customizable notch, the LG W30 does not look any different from your average low mid-range phones. However, it does falter in the performance end and hence, it delivering a mixed bag experience.
LG W30 looks good and is quite handy. It has a few pros and cons:
- The W30 looks almost metallic and has both an ergonomic advantage and a premium touch.
- The phone has a customizable notch which gives you the freedom to go for an immersive display.
- The display on this phone is sharp and colourful.
- The W30 has a large battery that can chug through an entire day.
- The cameras on W30 is capable of clicking quality pictures in daylight.
- The processor on this phone is very low-tier and can deliver stuttery performance.
- The phone tends to have poor low-light photo capturing abilities.
LG W30 is a phone that will satisfy you though it will deliver mixed results. While on the performance end, the phone tends to struggle a bit, but overall, the LG W30 is an accomplished handset providing enough features to keep a budget user satisfied.
The budget phone of LG, LG W30, may not be an all-rounder with its mediocre processor and average cameras, but it gets the job done for budget users.
LG W30 smartphone comes with a 6.26-inch screen with a 720×1520 resolution and a new aspect ratio of 19:9. While it may be notched, the phone gives you the option to customize the notch – it has a default U notch, which can be made into a water-drop notch and it can be turned off too. Turning it off will give you a black border. The colours on the phone a bit on the warmer end, but they are still satisfying. They have a punch to it. However, you cannot expect the deep blacks that AMOLED screens are famous for.
The LG W30 may look like it is made of metal, but it is actually of a Polycarbonate which has been given a metal finish. The sides of the phone have a metallic gloss which is reminiscent of the iPhone XS. The phone is quite hefty 172 grams and a bit chunky to at 8.5 mm. However, the rounded edges make it easier to hold. Overall, the design of the phone makes it look quite premium. It has a fingerprint scanner which is in an ergonomic location. Plus, it is quite comfortable to hold.
LG W30 gets its power from the 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor, twinned with 3GB RAM. At this range, the P22 is an inferior processor which is often used in entry-level phones. While it is a capable processor, the phone can struggle with multitasking when you are handling intensive apps. Plus, while gaming can still be smooth, you cannot run high-end games without a few occasional stutters. As far as processing goes, the phone comes with an inferior processor.
The LG W30 has a 13MP primary camera, along with a 12MP camera which is specifically for low-light. Along with that, the phone has a 2MP fixed focus depth-sensing camera. On the front, the phone comes with a 16MP selfie camera. The rear camera has autofocus. The daylight shots taken with this phone is appreciable. The colours remain punchy, and the dynamic range is okay. However, the phone does not perform well indoors, delivering washed out colours. As for low-light, the phone quality plummets as it takes up a bit of visual noise. On the front, the phone delivers by clicking good quality selfies in proper light conditions. However, again, night time shots are weak.
The LG W30 gets its power from a 4,000mAh battery, which is one of its main highlights. The battery does a great job in keeping the phone active and chugging for most of the day.
The LG W30 is a mixed bag in most respects. It has a weak processor but a great battery. While the display is not that great when compared to the HD+ competitors, the cameras on this phone are decent. Plus, it comes with a premium design. However, overall, the phone has the reliability of LG and does have both look and substance to it. If you are seeking a low-priced phone, then you could not go too wrong with the LG W30. You have to be aware that there are better variants present in the market.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.41 inches
- Weight172 g
- ColorAurora Green
- ColorThunder Blue, Platinum Grey, Aurora Green
- Width3.10 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Screen Size6.26 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Pixel Density269 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio76.3%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- RAM3 GB RAM
- GPUPowerVR GE8320
- Storage32 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusPDAF, AF
- Triple Camera12 MP13 MP, (wide)2 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3800 mAh to 4000 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Announced On2019, June
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG W30
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First ImpressionsWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung has just unveiled its latest folding phone, and this comes with a completely new visual design, which has a mechanism pretty similar to the infamous Motorola Razr Fold. It features the new Ultra-Thin Glass has a better hinge mechanism and more, and also It is coming pretty soon to India. While there are some…
- How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhoneWed, 12 Feb'20Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Officially RevealedWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung not only announced a trio of the latest Galaxy S20 smartphones, but it also announced a new foldable phone: The Galaxy Z Flip. Samsung showed an ad for the new phone during the Oscars on Sunday night, but outside of that, we only had leaks and rumours about the phone. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip:…
- To Kick off the new decade Samsung has unveiled the new line of smartphones skipping the incremental naming convention from Galaxy S11 to the whole new line, the Samsung Galaxy S20 series of smartphones. These are the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra, are all fully-loaded, feature-packed Android smartphones that offer just about everything you…
- How To Take A Backup Of Your Apple iPhoneTue, 11 Feb'20We know that you love to use your iPhone. One thing that is great about Apple is that “it just works”. This means that everything works the way you want it to without tweaking a lot which is needed on Android devices. If you are using an iPhone, you would also know that losing one…
- Redmi 8A Dual Launched In IndiaTue, 11 Feb'20Xiaomi’s Redmi today (11.02.2020) launched its first phone of the year in India known as the Redmi 8A Dual. Redmi 8A Dual Price In India There are two variants: the Redmi 8A Dual 2GB, 32GB variant is priced at Rs 6,499, and the 3GB, 32GB model is priced at Rs 6,999. The phone’s sale in…
- Image: Beebom The POCO F1, one of the best offerings from Xiaomi was an excellent smartphone. It saw huge sales as it offered flagship specifications at an excellent price. While this phone was launched about a year and a half ago we hadn’t seen any more phones from this brand till now. But the company…
- Why Choose Repair Over Buying a New Phone? Wed, 5 Feb'20Image Source: squaretrade If you look at the subway, restaurant, sidewalks, or even at any event, you will find one thing common – people with low heads playing mobile phones or snapping pictures can be seen everywhere. Nowadays, the mobile phone has become an intrinsic part of our lives. One of the worst things that…
- Best Camera Apps For iPhoneTue, 4 Feb'20Here in this article, we have a collection of best camera apps for iPhone which gives you creative control over your photography and will take your photography to the next level.
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare