The premium flagship brand, LG lowers its price and presents a budget variant with the LG reliability in the phone LG W30. Priced at Rs 9,999, the phone is loaded with features that make it less of a budget phone and more of a low mid-range phone.
With good looks, great battery and a customizable notch, the LG W30 does not look any different from your average low mid-range phones. However, it does falter in the performance end and hence, it delivering a mixed bag experience.
LG W30 looks good and is quite handy. It has a few pros and cons:
- The W30 looks almost metallic and has both an ergonomic advantage and a premium touch.
- The phone has a customizable notch which gives you the freedom to go for an immersive display.
- The display on this phone is sharp and colourful.
- The W30 has a large battery that can chug through an entire day.
- The cameras on W30 is capable of clicking quality pictures in daylight.
- The processor on this phone is very low-tier and can deliver stuttery performance.
- The phone tends to have poor low-light photo capturing abilities.
LG W30 is a phone that will satisfy you though it will deliver mixed results. While on the performance end, the phone tends to struggle a bit, but overall, the LG W30 is an accomplished handset providing enough features to keep a budget user satisfied.
The budget phone of LG, LG W30, may not be an all-rounder with its mediocre processor and average cameras, but it gets the job done for budget users.
LG W30 smartphone comes with a 6.26-inch screen with a 720×1520 resolution and a new aspect ratio of 19:9. While it may be notched, the phone gives you the option to customize the notch – it has a default U notch, which can be made into a water-drop notch and it can be turned off too. Turning it off will give you a black border. The colours on the phone a bit on the warmer end, but they are still satisfying. They have a punch to it. However, you cannot expect the deep blacks that AMOLED screens are famous for.
The LG W30 may look like it is made of metal, but it is actually of a Polycarbonate which has been given a metal finish. The sides of the phone have a metallic gloss which is reminiscent of the iPhone XS. The phone is quite hefty 172 grams and a bit chunky to at 8.5 mm. However, the rounded edges make it easier to hold. Overall, the design of the phone makes it look quite premium. It has a fingerprint scanner which is in an ergonomic location. Plus, it is quite comfortable to hold.
LG W30 gets its power from the 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor, twinned with 3GB RAM. At this range, the P22 is an inferior processor which is often used in entry-level phones. While it is a capable processor, the phone can struggle with multitasking when you are handling intensive apps. Plus, while gaming can still be smooth, you cannot run high-end games without a few occasional stutters. As far as processing goes, the phone comes with an inferior processor.
The LG W30 has a 13MP primary camera, along with a 12MP camera which is specifically for low-light. Along with that, the phone has a 2MP fixed focus depth-sensing camera. On the front, the phone comes with a 16MP selfie camera. The rear camera has autofocus. The daylight shots taken with this phone is appreciable. The colours remain punchy, and the dynamic range is okay. However, the phone does not perform well indoors, delivering washed out colours. As for low-light, the phone quality plummets as it takes up a bit of visual noise. On the front, the phone delivers by clicking good quality selfies in proper light conditions. However, again, night time shots are weak.
The LG W30 gets its power from a 4,000mAh battery, which is one of its main highlights. The battery does a great job in keeping the phone active and chugging for most of the day.
The LG W30 is a mixed bag in most respects. It has a weak processor but a great battery. While the display is not that great when compared to the HD+ competitors, the cameras on this phone are decent. Plus, it comes with a premium design. However, overall, the phone has the reliability of LG and does have both look and substance to it. If you are seeking a low-priced phone, then you could not go too wrong with the LG W30. You have to be aware that there are better variants present in the market.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.41 inches
- Weight172 g
- ColorAurora Green
- ColorThunder Blue, Platinum Grey, Aurora Green
- Width3.10 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Screen Size6.26 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Pixel Density269 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio76.3%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- RAM3 GB RAM
- GPUPowerVR GE8320
- Storage32 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusPDAF, AF
- Triple Camera12 MP13 MP, (wide)2 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3800 mAh to 4000 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Announced On2019, June
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG W30
- If you are an android user and want to connect and share some files urgently with your MacOS system but do not know how to do that? Then here in this article, we are going to discuss one of the best ways to connect your Android smartphone to the MacOS system. Make sure you follow this guide till the end to be able to share files between your macOS system and Android smartphone.
- In India new smartphones are launched every month from different brands to keep up with the trend, the months of February to April are the most active in general. However, the month of March hasn’t seen too many smartphone launches and there are 5 main brands that have launched their latest smartphones in India.
- Best Smartphones To Capture Beautiful SelfiesThu, 2 Apr'20With TikTok and other apps introduced, the world has seen a major shift in people choosing a new smartphone, people now tend to buy smartphones with a good selfie camera and even make it their priority. Choosing a good selfie camera smartphone can become difficult for many, and here we do compile a list of the Best Smartphones with the Best Selfie Cameras.
- Smartphones these days are not the same as they were a couple of years ago, they’ve evolved into fully-fledged entertainment systems. Some of the new smartphones in the market also come with support for Dolby Atmos and have HiFi Quad DAC setup, something which was earlier limited to dedicated Audio Setups.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Tips And TricksTue, 31 Mar'20The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is a feature-packed smartphone directly coming down from the house of Samsung. Its runs on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10, and packs in a lot of great features that a general consumer doesn’t know about unless he dives deep into all the settings. To lift off all these hidden menus and options, here are a few Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Tips and Tricks for you to know about.
- How To Set Any Video As Lock Screen Wallpaper On iPhoneTue, 31 Mar'20Bored of using Still Wallpapers on your iOS Device? Want to use a Video as a Live Wallpaper for your device’s lock screen?, We do have a solution. iPhone allows us to use Live Photos as Wallpapers, so converting Videos to Live Photos and then using it as Live Wallpaper solves the problem.
- Are you trying very hard to find a good android based application with the help of which you can play every kind of video and music file? Here in this article, we are going to discuss everything about such five best applications.
- Best Apps To Choose Custom Ringtones For Apple iPhoneTue, 31 Mar'20Are you bored of all the default ringtones that you get pre-installed with your iPhone and are trying to find some new and unique ringtones that can be customized? If you said yes, then here in this article, we are going to talk about various such applications that can help you in providing the best custom ringtones for your Apple iPhone.
- With each passing day, online streaming providers including Netflix. Prime Videos and Hotstar is getting more popular. These internet content providers make it extremely easy to stream content on portable devices including smartphones. New smartphones such as the OnePlus 7 Pro, iPhone 11 and the Samsung Galaxy S20 now support HDR Displays that can really improve the quality of content delivery for the supported content.
- Best Smartphones with 8GB RAMFri, 27 Mar'20RAM is an important and integral component of a smartphone, it has generally been in our minds that having more RAM makes a smartphone faster, we don’t deny it but it’s not true completely. Having more RAM in a smartphone makes app loading times faster, and enables a smoother overall smartphone experience. And here is the list of the few best smartphones with 8GB RAM in India.
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 3Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme 6₹12,999Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreOPPO Reno3 Pro₹29,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme X50 Pro 5G₹37,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20 Ultra₹92,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro MaxAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 6 Pro₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20₹66,999Add to compare