Xiaomi Mi A3 is another fascinating handset by Mi with stock Android. Priced at Rs. 15,999, this phone is a delight for Android enthusiasts since it comes with all the essentials desired by a midrange user.
With excellent performance and battery, the Xiaomi Mi A3 couples camera and stock Android experience in one model. If you are an Android purist, this phone has everything to keep you satisfied.
Xiaomi Mi A3 is a pure Android model which will suit pure Android enthusiasts. It has a few pros and cons:
- The Xiaomi Mi A3 has a tear-drop display with thin bezels which is quite immersive.
- The phone comes with a stock Android, which makes it run fast.
- The Xiaomi Mi A3 comes with an in-display scanner which is quite snappy.
- The Xiaomi Mi A3 has a beautiful bridging processor that keeps the app handling fast and efficient.
- Addressing previous criticisms, the Xiaomi Mi A3 has upgraded its battery providing a huge and reliable 4000 mAh battery.
- The phone has a decent camera that can click both daylight and indoor shots without inviting a lot of grain.
- The phone looks redundant and regular, without any attractive feature to it.
- The Xiaomi Mi A3 has poor low-light capturing capabilities.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 is a phone designed for Android purists. It has some modern features attached to it, like the in-display scanner. Hence, it is recommended for people who wants a pure Android experience at a low price.
Xiaomi Mi A3 can be the dream phone for many Android purists coming at a dream price and pairing it with camera, performance and good battery.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 arrives with a 6.3-inch screen with an IPS LCD and a Full HD+ resolution. It has a tear-drop notch which can be distracting for some people, though overall, the display remains quite immersive due to the presence of the thin bezels. The colour of the screen is quite good and bright. The viewing angles do not pose any problems either. However, in the age of AMOLED screens, the phone does not provide a deep colour pattern which limits the immersive ability of the phone. It has a Gorilla 5 Glass protection, which is excellent too.
Xiaomi Mi A3 does not have a striking design to it. However, it is quite lightweight and can be held comfortably in your hand. The back panel is very reflective and looks glossy, but because of that, the phone tends to attract a lot of fingerprint smudges. At the bottom, the has a USB Type-C port which is quite modern, however, not a stand-out feature. The phone is quite sturdy in general, but design-wise, it does not have any surprise attached to it. While the phone does not come with a fingerprint scanner on its back panel, it does have an in-display fingerprint scanner which makes it modern. The in-display scanner is quite snappy.
The Mi A3 arrives with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset. On top of that, it has an Adreno 616 GPU. It has a 4GB RAM along with Stock Android, which makes the phone quite fast. The 700-series Snapdragon processors are a mid-range processor which acts as a bridge between the top end 800 series and the mid-range 600 series. It keeps the multitasking breezy, and even gaming turns out to be a smooth affair. You can also run high-end games like PUBG efficiently on this handset, even at high settings.
The Mi A3 arrives with a 48MP primary camera along with a 5MP supporting camera. It is similar to what the Redmi Note 7 Pro offers. Plus, the primary camera tends to combine four pixels into one to get an extra edge in low-light shots. In daylight, the camera functions well and can provide a clear image. The colours pop out well and are kept sharp and natural. Low-light shots are good, but there is a bit of grain present in it. In case of the front camera, the phone has a 16MP selfie camera which works well and can click decent social-media worthy shots.
The previous Xiaomi Mi phones invited a lot of criticism due to its weak battery. Now, Mi A3 arrives with a 4000 mAh battery. It can keep the phone chugging on for a whole day, and with light use, it can even go for more than a day. Plus, the phone supports fast charging and can get to full charge within 2 hours.
The Mi A3 is a well-rounded phone which keeps the performance high and has a capable battery. However, the phone will not attract you with its design. Plus, it does not have the modern AMOLED display too. However, if you are a fan of stock Android, then the Mi A3 can be a great phone to go for.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.04 inches
- Weight173.8 g
- ColorKind of Gray, Not just Blue, More than White
- BuildBack glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.83 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.01 inches
- Pixel Density286 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution720 x 1560 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio80.3%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- GPUAdreno 610
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) Android One
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, (ultrawide), f/2.2, 1.12 micron2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60/120fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4030 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, July
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Mi A3
Get the best price for Xiaomi Mi A3
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare