BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) is the most popular mobile game in India right now with over a staggering 16 million active users. Moreover, the game has gathered around a whopping 34 million registered users in the country. Krafton had promised to invest a lot in the game for its growth in the country. It seems like the company is definitely keeping its promise as it has now announced a Rs. 1 crore BGMI tournament series in the country.
Besides, this is the first such tournament that the company is all set to hold soon. The game received a lot of support from its fans and players across the country when it launched on July 2. The primary objective of this tournament is to take the very steps into making BGMI the biggest competitive game in the country. It seems like the company is definitely trying to get back into what PUBG Mobile used to be in the country, the biggest competitive platform.
Also, the company has stated that, “Battlegrounds Mobile India series 2021 attempts to offer a platform to the beloved players of BGMI to showcase their skills on the grand stage. With this announcement, Krafton promises exciting times ahead for the Indian gamers, as this marks the beginning of a series of new content, collaborations, and esports tournaments Krafton will be introducing in the country.”
BGMI Tournament Series: Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Prize Pool And More
The BGMI tournament series registrations are all set to start from July 19 in the country. Moreover, the tournament will have five stages that will go on for three months. The tournament schedule is as follows:
- The BGMI in-game qualifiers will start off on August 2nd and end on August 8th.
- The online qualifiers will start off on August 17th and end on September 12th. Moreover, only 64 teams will qualify in this stage.
- Furthermore, the quarter-finals will start off on September 16th and last until September 26th. Also, 24 teams will be qualifying in this stage.
- The BGMI semi-finals will begin on September 30th and last until October 3rd. Moreover, only 16 teams will qualify in this stage.
- Finally, the finals will kick off on October 7th and last until October 10th.
According to Krafton, players who are a resident of India and have a Platinum or above account will be eligible to take part in the tournament. Eligible players can register and take part in the in-game qualifiers. Players who want to take part in the upcoming tournament can register through the BGMI official website.
The team which makes their way into the first place will win a prize money of a whopping Rs. 50 lakh. On the other hand, the team to secure the second place will win Rs. 25 lakh. Meanwhile, the team to secure the third place will win Rs. 10 lakh and the fourth placed team gets Rs. 3 lakh. Finally, the team to secure the fifth place will win Rs. 2 lakh. Additionally, there is extra prize money for the MVP, lone ranger, rampage peak, redeemer and most finishes by squad as well.
The upcoming BGMI Rs. 1 crore 2021 tournament series has a lot of rules and regulations that players need to abide by. These are as follows:
- Players who have registered for the tournament will have to play 15 matches alongside registered team members over the given period of time.
- The top 10 of 15 matches will be considered for evaluation and scored accordingly. When it comes to a tie, winner will be considered on the basis of certain parameters such as finishes, survival time and accuracy.
- The top 1024 teams will be eligible to qualify for the next round.
Tech enthusiast, gamer and somebody for whom music acts as a life capsule. Nothing fascinates me more than catchy headlines and John Mayer's guitar mastery.