Google Meet Adds New Feature of Locking Audio and Video for Smoother Meetings
Highlights of the Story
- Google Meet is getting a new Audio and Video Lock feature.
- The new feature was announced by Google in a blog post.
- The feature is available on Android and iOS devices.
Google Meet is getting a new Audio and Video Lock feature that will allow hosts to lock off the microphones and webcams of certain meeting participants. The participants will likewise be unable to switch them back on until the host unlocks them. Earlier this year, Google Meet hosts got the ability to mute all participants at once in Google Meet on desktop. Hosts can now restrict participants from unmuting themselves after they’ve been muted using the new Audio and Video Lock feature. The new feature was announced by Google in a blog post on October 21.
Google Meet Audio and Video Lock Feature
To achieve greater productivity, the Audio and Video Lock feature allows hosts additional control over their meetings. When a background noise bothers other participants, for example, a host can use this feature. Additionally, the host has the option of allowing attendees to participate at different levels.
During a call, the most recent Audio and Video Lock will be applied to any newly launched breakout rooms — as well as smaller groups in Google Meet. Any modifications to a lock setting in one breakout room will not impact the settings of other breakout rooms or the primary meeting once the breakout room has been formed.
The feature is available on Android devices running version M or higher and iOS devices running version 12 or higher. Users must also have the most recent version of the Meet or Gmail apps. If the host or co-host switches on one of the locks; people who are using an Android or iOS version of Google Meet that does not support the newly introduced feature will be removed from the meeting. Participants will need to update their app or join the meeting using a different device; if they attempt to attend a meeting that has one of these locks enabled. These attendees will be able to rejoin the meeting if the audio or video locks are off.
Users on the Rapid Release domains began receiving the Audio and Video Lock feature on October 21. In the next weeks, it will be available to all users. All Google Workspace users, as well as G Suite Basic and Business subscribers, will be able to use it.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…