OnePlus Announces Further Integration With Oppo
OnePlus CEO, Pete Lau, took to the OnePlus forum to reveal the company’s big plans. According to Pete Lau, OnePlus will be merging or rather, integrating with Oppo on a deeper scale. As one might know, OnePlus is actually an Oppo subsidiary. However, both the companies operate independently but that won’t be the case anymore it seems.
Moreover, OnePlus had integrated a number of its teams with the Oppo brand last year. According to Lau, this was carried out in order to streamline their operations and capitalize on the shared resources of both the brands. Futhermore, Pete Lau also claims that this decision by the company saw a lot of benefits. Going by this decision that was made last year, the two brands have decided to further integrate their operations.
OnePlus & Oppo Integration: What More?
According to Pete, the merge will allow OnePlus to have more resources at hand. This will allows the brand to roll out faster software updates to its users. The post by Lau states that the integration will allow OnePlus to bring faster and more stable software updates for OnePlus users.
However, Pete has not gone into the details of the integration. It could be possible that the two brands share resources and work together on the upcoming smartphones. The forum post also states that, ““I’m confident that this change will be positive for our community and our users. With this deeper integration with OPPO, we will have more resources at hand to create even better products for you.”
Furthermore, Lau added that the OnePlus brand will operate independently. Moreover, the brand will continue to launch OnePlus products and hold events as before. Also, the company will be directly engaging with the customers for feedback via the brand’s channel like before. So, nothing will change drastically on that front.
This announcement starts making more sense when looking at the upcoming devices by the brand. As per leaks, the upcoming OnePlus Nord 2 will be a rebadged version of the Oppo Reno 6. This does hint at there being a number of such rebranded launches by both the companies.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…