Twitter Rolls Out Fresh, Less-Cluttered Design for its Platform and a New Chirp Font
Twitter is making a number of improvements to its Web and mobile apps to make them look cleaner and easier to use. The new design aims to make Twitter “more accessible, unique and focused” for users and the topics they discuss. The addition of a new font called Chirp is one of the alterations. The American Gothic and European Grotesque styles are combined in this font family, which was released in January. It incorporates the unique handmade qualities of early woodcut specimens.
Twitter Has Made Number of Changes in its UI: Details
Twitter confirmed the design updates on its Web, Android, and iOS platforms through its official Twitter Design account. The colours of the User interface has gone under changes to provide more contrast and less blue. This tweak was made to increase the visibility of photos and videos that have been shared on the platform. Twitter says it’s also working on new palette options for users, with new colour options coming soon.
In addition, Twitter is providing new high-contrast buttons to highlight the “most critical actions”. The ‘Follow’ button has also undergone some changes. It is now of black colour to make it easier to notice what actions you’ve made at a glance.
To make the content easier to read and the media stand out, the visual clutter has been removed. Twitter has reduced the grey background areas and has removed unwanted divider lines. It also increased the amount of space between texts, making them simpler to read.
The Chirp font is available for all users on the Web, Android, and iOS apps. Previously, Twitter used fonts including SF Pro, Roboto, and Helvetica Neue. Chirp is Twitter’s first proprietary typeface. It tries to be sharp and legible (with decent density) while also having personality and uniqueness. The font was created in partnership with the Grilli Type Foundry from Switzerland.
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why we think iPhone 13 is essentially FAILED in India.
- Should you buy the OnePlus 9 in late 2021?