Nokia 8 Sirocco is the new “poster boy” for HMD Global’s bold attempt at rekindling all that is has lost in the smartphone industry. Although it’s a heavy claim to make, HMD has admitted that the Nokia 8 Sirocco is made in service of the fans who have been repeatedly asking for a premium flagship that pushes the envelope.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco, Black, 128GB, 6GB RAM runs for Rs.49,999. It comes with a 5.5-inch P-OLED capacitive touchscreen display with 1080 x 2280 pixels at 432 PPI (pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor and comes with 6GB RAM. It also has 64/128 gigs of internal storage that is non-expandable. The phone runs the latest Android Pi and has a 3260mAh non-removable battery. It measures 140.9 x 73 x 7.5 mm and weighs 177 gm. Further, it also houses a 12 MP primary camera and a 13 MP secondary telephoto camera on the rear, and has a 5 MP front shooter for selfies.
- Premium metal and glass design
- Wireless charging
- IP67 certification
- Relatively old chipset
- No headphone jack
The phone comes with many differentiating features such as a premium metal-and-glass design and IP67 water and dust resistance rating. The Nokia 8 Sirocco does, however, comes with its shortcomings, having neither the latest chipset nor a headphone jack.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is the headliner flagship for Nokia with its absolute cutting-edge features and stellar performance, which dares to push the envelope at every step.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is 5.5 P-OLED capacitive touchscreen display that has a 16/9 aspect ratio. This feels surprisingly large when compared to newer phones which come with tall screen aspect ratios. Most content fits rather nicely on the screen though, and you don’t end up with awkward black bars – which happens when apps haven’t been calibrated to the phone’s particular specifications.
Sirocco sits well in your hand, with the curved edges on the back allowing it to nestle gently in your palm. The company has purposefully used a 5.5-inch display to make the phone more compact.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is an elegant device with Gorilla Glass on the front and the back. Its more compact form factor can be misleading since it is surprisingly heavy for its size. But that may as well be the driving point behind it surviving a dip in the water, owing to its IP67 rating.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC with 6GB RAM, which was used in the original Nokia 8 – and was top of its class in 2017. The Snapdragon 845 is a newer chipset – and while there aren’t a lot of phones in the market currently powered by it, Nokia may have to contend with criticisms about having an older generation chipset in the near future. That said, the practical difference between the Snapdragon 835 and 845 is relatively minor. Simply put, the former might not be able to compete against newer flagships on benchmarks but it has the power to run pretty much anything else you want.
The camera lenses on the Nokia 8 Sirocco are tuned by Zeiss Optics, a collaborating partner for Nokia phones for all camera related concerns.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco shows a 12 MP regular camera with f1.75 aperture and a secondary 13 MP telephoto camera with f2.6 aperture. The camera setup is good on paper, and the Nokia 8 stakes its claims of surpassing its predecessor (the Nokia 8) on this feature. The main camera takes sharp photos with good contrast and vivid colours that are not over-the-top. It also has a live Bokeh mode that allows you to adjust the level of blur you want in the picture after you’ve clicked it. On the front of this phone, you get a 5MP camera meant for selfies and video calls.
With a 3200 mAh non-removable battery and 77 hours of battery life endurance, it performs average at best amongst other flagships. Thankfully, the phone supports wireless charging, and there’s a bundled quick charger that gets you from 0 to 49% battery in half an hour. The Sirocco comes with the latest Android OS and is part of the Android One program which provides updates from Google directly. It is one of the biggest draws, since it’s the only flagship that comes with stock Android and also guarantees consistent updates for the OS – the only phone aside from the Google Pixel to do so.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is a noteworthy upgrade over the original model. It’s fast, comfortable to use, looks good, and brings back stock Android software, with a guarantee for regular updates. All of these are good enough reasons to buy this phone, though it’s at a higher price point than most of its direct competitors with the Snapdragon 845. The Nokia 8 perhaps does not do enough to justify the price difference, however. There are not many things consumers can cling on to aside from brand loyalty to Nokia. Therefore, unless you’re getting a serious discount, this may not be a top recommendation at this price range.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height5.55 inches
- Weight177 g
- BuildFront/back Gorilla Glass 5, stainless steel frame
- Width2.87 inches
- Display TypeP-OLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Pixel Density534 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 2560 pixels
- Aspect Ratio16:09
- Screen to Body Ratio81.10%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.5 GHz Kryo 4x1.8 GHz Kryo)
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 540
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) Android One
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron13 MP, f/2.6, 1/3.4, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesZeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusDual Pixel PDAF, AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.4 micron
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features24-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 22 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3260 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 11 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4)Qi wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 8 Sirocco
Get the best price for Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.5spec scoreLG V40 ThinQ₹39,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 8₹43,965Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreLG V30S ThinqAdd to compare
- 8.3spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S10₹47,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S9 Plus₹30,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S9₹24,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor 8 Pro₹29,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreNokia 9 PureView₹31,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note Fan EditionAdd to compare
- POCO X3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare