- SIM Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
Oppo RX17 Pro
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,299Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,990VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹13,999VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹46,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹47,900VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹46,999Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹46,999Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,990Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹117,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,833Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
The Oppo RX17 Pro comes with a premium look that will attract your eyes immediately. It has a lot of pros about it and a few cons:
- It has a stylish rear which gives it a premium touch. Along with that, it has a toughened glass on its back for protection.
- Oppo RX17 Pro comes with a 6.4-inch display with AMOLED screen giving impressive contrast and colour depth to ensure immersive experience. Plus, the colours could be tweaked as per the convenience of the user.
- Oppo RX17 Pro has a large battery which can last for a day with moderate use. Plus, it comes with Oppo’s extraordinary fast charging tech to get it charged within an hour.
- Oppo RX17 Pro has three cameras with feature like switchable lens and Time of Flight model for great pictures. Plus, the cameras could capture amazing details both in ideal as well as lowlight situations.
- Oppo RX17 Pro has an average processor which cannot run high-end games without lagging.
On the whole, if you are looking for excellent specifications in terms of camera and immersive display, then Oppo RX17 Pro is the phone to go for. However, if you want a power-packed performer though, you should consider OnePlus 6T.
Oppo RX17 Pro may look similar to its competitor OnePlus 6T, but it comes with enough hardware to challenge the flagship phones in the premium market. Priced at Rs. 42,999, Oppo RX17 Pro tries to stand out as a marvellous handset for the premium crowd.
Oppo RX17 Pro comes with a killer camera and amazing display to give you an immersive experience. While it does falter a bit on the performance end, it is still sufficient and makes it up with a fast-charging battery which will stay alive for a day. If you are searching for style and substance, Oppo RX17 Pro is the handset to go for.
The Oppo RX17 Pro has a single curved pane of toughened class on its back which feels quite rigid. In the front, the Oppo RX17 Pro boasts of a teardrop notch present at the top of the display. The sides are made of aluminium. The rear of this phone may look quite minimalistic, but once it is placed in light, there is an S-shaped swirl that appears under the toughened glass. This elegant touch makes the phone quite attractive. The RX17 Pro also has a screen protector placed on its display. Staying true to the current trends of phones, this phone does not come with a headphone jack, but surprisingly, it does not have wireless charging either. However, like the OnePlus 6T, it has a fast in-screen fingerprint scanner which is quite accurate. The phone is quite handy and manageable at 74.6mm width, which is quite similar to OnePlus 6T and sits well in hand.
The Oppo RX17 Pro arrives with a 6.4-inch screen with an aspect ratio of about 19.5:9. The notch is small so, you won’t have a problem while viewing a video. It has an AMOLED screen with 2340 x 1080 pixels, which is quite bright and makes the deeper colours prominent, though, it is not as sharp as Samsung Galaxy Note 9. However, this flaw will only be spotted if you look at it up close. The colour temperature of the phone can be tweaked to make it warmer or cooler. In general, the colours are quite punchy and bold. After tweaking the setting according to your tastes, you can have an immersive experience due to the contrast provided by the OLED screen.
Oppo RX17 Pro has a Snapdragon 710 processor which is powered by eight Kryo 360 cores and an Adreno 616 GPU. Benchmark tests put the phone at around 5835 which is much lower than the 9000 approx achieved by the Snapdragon 845 chipset that powers OnePlus 6T. Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite’s score is about 5891 points, but RX17 Pro has faster app loads and faster general responsiveness. High-end games can run well in this phone, though certain games might falter, especially when the resolution is maxed out. However, the GPU is not as good as the Adreno 630 GPU of OnePlus 6T. GPU benchmarks show OnePlus 6T getting 4635 points against a meagre 1816 points of RX17 Pro.
The Oppo RX17 Pro features three cameras on its rear. The primary 12MP camera has a switchable lens capable of shuffling between f/2.4 and f/1.5 apertures. It is ideal for bright light conditions. The 20MP sensor of the second camera has an f/2.6 lens which is quite slow. The third camera has the feature to boose augmented reality and used the Time of Flight model for concerts to judge the distance of objects in a specific scene. The camera is quite good and captures great photos in ideal light situations.
Even in low lights, the camera uses optical image stabilisation and has a Night mode which helps to get sufficient details. However, in low light, the details are not processed as well as Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Day-light images looked much more natural and less processed, even when you are using Auto HDR. While little noise is captured in the photos, they are generally quite brilliant making this a flagship feature of the phone.
The Oppo RX17 Pro has a sizable 3700mAh battery which is the same battery of the OnePlus 6T. Moderate use like podcast streaming, gaming, camera and web-browsing at full charge will leave you with about 20% charge at the end of the day. The Oppo RX17 Pro can last the entire day with light to moderate use. It also comes with a new version of Oppo’s VOOC standard of fast charging. It can reach to about 35% in 12 minutes, 80% in about 27 minutes and 95% in about 39 minutes when the phone is turned off.
The Oppo RX17 Pro is a great phone. It is modern and smart, with a marvellous set of cameras with AR features. While the processor may be a bit slower than OnePlus 6T, it is manageable and can perform multiple tasks without freezing. The OLED screen makes the display sharp and immersive as well. However, if you are looking for a solid performer at a similar price, then OnePlus 6T is a better phone to go for in terms of better performance.