Well, the idea of wireless charging sounds super-fun and that’s exactly how Panasonic wants to lure its customers into buying their new phone that comes with a lot of remarkable features that make it a competitive phone in its price range.
Launched at an introductory price of 26,990, Eluga X1 pro packs a great diversity of features like Facemoji, Wireless charging, Timelapse and last but surely not the least, the AI assistant called Arbor. Although the phone’s underwhelming colour performance, absence of 3.5 mm and a few other things are advised to be taken with a pinch of salt.
So, keeping the price tag and the features in the mind, it all boils down to the yay or nay end of the matter—is it worth your money?
- Qi wireless charging (although it comes at the cost of almost double the time a normal charge takes)
- Rapid fast fingerprint scan
- Android 8.1
- Stainless steel frame and premium glass.
- Video recording limited to a mere 1080p quality
- No 3.5mm jack
- Hybrid SIM slot
- A bit overpriced as per its features
- Camera and battery not worth the price
- Heats up while playing games
Flaunting its wireless charging feature, Panasonic ELUGA X1 Pro stands tall with its flagship offerings at a price that makes it a little questionable buy.
In terms of display, the Japanese firm has done a decent job rendering a notch display over a 6.18-inch frame. The phone won’t disappoint you in delivering clear and sharp images on its 2.5D curved screen that comes with Gorilla glass. The pixel density of the screen is ~403 ppi and it is equipped with a Full-HD+ resolution.
The colours are okayish—if not really great—and the temperature is more inclined towards the cooler side (which is something that could invite some backlash).
Well, Panasonic have done a splendid job in this area—kudos to the designing team. The built is although a good ol’ curved design, central rear fingerprint and a vertical dual camera but the material for sure could raise the eyebrows of the person looking at the phone. The stainless steel frame—yes, something that is rarely seen in the smartphones—gives it a classy and sleek look that itself has luxury written all over it.
stainless-steel beauty. Although it comes with MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core SoC which is good per se, but it isn’t a hardware setup the brand would take a lot of pride in, as it comes in a lot of budget phones as well. Its competitors like Asus ZenFone 5Z and Poco F1 offer a CPU and GPU setup that is miles ahead of this.
One good thing about this is that the phone isn’t riddled with bloatware and its 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage do a decent job in keeping the phone afloat smoothly. But, a little time given to gaming could get the better out of the phone and could get it warmed up within 30 minutes or so. The hotness won’t become unbearable but it won’t go unnoticed either.
The features are progressively getting lacklustre and here’s another addition to the mix. Is a 13-megapixel camera a rarity among the flagship phones? Yes! Is it rare in a good way? Well, sadly no.
You can’t expect much of the camera in all honesty. It’ll capture good images in the daylight with a little compromise made with the noisy shadows and blurry edges. The quality drops with the amount of light in the environment and so does your experience.
The 3000 mAh battery is surely a disappointing thing to see in a phone of this price range. It’s doubtful that the phone would stay alive from the time you leave your bed till you come back to it. It takes near about 2 hours to fully charge the device with the bundled charger. However, the Qi charger would double the charging time to near about 4 hours.
To be fair, there are some features that you can find in this phone which aren’t usually seen in the phones under the Rs. 30,000 mark. On the contrary, some of the offerings of this phone are bang average. So, recommending this device depends upon the expectations the buyer has under the price. If the case is about looks and a few glossy specs you could flaunt, this phone might be a good fit for you.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.10 inches
- Weight195 g
- ColorDark Grey, Silver
- BuildStainless Steel frame
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Screen Size6.18 inches
- Display Resolution1080 x 2246 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18.7:9
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio82.20%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6771 Helio P60 (12 nm)
- GPUMali-G72 MP3
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama
- Dual Camera16 MP5 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Features1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- ChargingFast battery charging 10WWireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsInfrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Panasonic Eluga X1 Pro
Get the best price for Panasonic Eluga X1 Pro
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9N₹8,499Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMotorola Moto G7 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹12,800Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Z3Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme 2 Pro₹10,599Add to compare
- 8spec scoreMotorola P30Add to compare
- 8spec scoreNokia 6.1 Plus₹9,275Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare