Samsung Galaxy M30s may not attract you in the store, but it will make a mark with its ‘Samsung’ brand name. Priced at Rs. 13,999, the Samsung Galaxy M30s has everything under its hood to satisfy the user.
The phone has decent performance and a good battery paired with it to make the user experience satisfying. Plus, the Samsung Galaxy M30s has a beautiful set of cameras which keeps the photos colourful. If you are a die-hard Samsung fan, then this phone serves your basic and intensive needs well and can be a worthy purchase.
Samsung Galaxy M30s does not have a great look to it. It has a few pros and cons:
- The Samsung Galaxy M30s has a vibrant display which can give you an immersive feel.
- The phone has Widevine L1 certification, and so, you can watch Netflix and Prime Video on it.
- Samsung Galaxy M30s has a decent processor which can keep your performance fast.
- The phone comes with a large battery pack which can keep the phone chugging for two whole days with light use.
- Samsung Galaxy M30s has a reliable camera which can click decent shots with minimal noise.
- The Samsung Galaxy M30s does not have an attractive body.
- The Live Focus shots of this phone are quite overexposed.
- The low-light shots of the phone are not satisfactory.
The Samsung Galaxy M30s is a decent phone though it does not appear to be so. Under its unattractive body, it has some decent specifications, keeping the phone experience top-notch. If you love Samsung, then this phone will meet your expectations.
Samsung Galaxy M30s does not have the looks going for it, but it comes with a decent performance and camera to provide a satisfying experience for the user.
The Samsung Galaxy M30s has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U with 2340×1080 pixels. The screen is quite bright, and the bezels are thin around the screen, giving an immersive feel. However, you do get a thick chin. The AMOLED screen gives you a vibrant display, and the phone has excellent viewing angles as well. With 1080p, you get a tremendous vibrant experience with this phone. Plus, the phone comes with Widevine L1 certification so that you can watch Prime Video and Netflix on it.
Samsung Galaxy M30s looks quite similar to the M30. It has a plastic unibody on its back which holds a triple camera module with the fingerprint scanner placed just above the center. The one visual difference of this phone is the wide, rectangular camera module that houses the 48MP camera. The design, however, feels unnecessary. The phone is quite light at 188 grams, which is surprising considering it comes with a huge battery pack. The phone has all the useful ports – including the USB Type-C port and the headphone jack for traditionalists. The buttons on this phone sit in flush with the frame, losing out of the clicky feel.
Samsung Galaxy M30s gets its power from a 2.3GHz Exynos 9611 octa-core chipset. It is the same chipset that powers up the Samsung Galaxy A50s. It gets a score of 1272 in Geekbench 5 which is quite good, though a bit lower than Snapdragon 665 in Mi A3 or Realme 5. The phone keeps the performance smooth and breezy. You can run games like PUBG too without getting any lags. However, making it HDR will result in frame drops.
The Samsung Galaxy M30s has a triple camera module with a 48MP camera as the primary module, a supporting 8MP wide-angle camera, and a 5MP depth-sensing camera. Plus, you have a 16MP selfie camera. The 48MP camera uses pixel binning to deliver bright and crisp photos. In daylight, the shots are marvellous. Even the dynamic range is good with the noise quite controlled. The phone also dedicated Night Mode which extends the shutter time and thus, clicks fabulous images with low noise. However, the Live Focus tends to overexpose frame at times. The 16MP selfie camera is excellent too and produces sharp selfie with natural colours. In low-light, the selfies carry a lot of grain.
The biggest USP of Samsung Galaxy M30s is its massive 6000 mAh battery. The battery can easily last for two whole days. While playing PUBG for about 30 minutes, it just loses 7%. The phone has a reliable battery though that battery charging is quite slow and takes 2 hours. The phone can get warm with intensive use too.
The Samsung Galaxy M30s has a marvellous battery and excellent display, making it a reliable phone. The performance of Galaxy M30s is quite good too, considering the price. It has a 48MP camera which can click decent shots, and Samsung has also included low-light photo-shooting capacity in it. Overall, it is a good all-rounder, but you should not expect premium characteristics from it.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera48 MP
- Front Camera16 MP
- Weight188 g
- ColorPearl White
- ColorOpal Black, Sapphire Blue, Pearl White
- BuildFront glass, plastic body
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Screen Size6.4 inches
- Screen Resolution1080X2340
- Display Resolution1080 x 2400 pixels
- Aspect Ratio20:09
- Pixel Density411 ppi
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) One UI
- Chipset GPExynos 9611 (10nm)
- RAM6 GB RAM
- GPUMali-G72 MP3
- Storage128 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Triple Camera48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Atmos sound
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity6000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity6000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio, RDS, recording
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy M30s
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy M30s
- Comparison: Apple iPhone 11 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 LiteThu, 20 Feb'20The newly arrived Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been taking over the budget flagships category, where it takes on the OnePlus 7T, the ROG Phone 2 and the iPhone 11. But the most interesting topic that the people are confused about is “How Does it Compare to Apple’s iPhone 11”, and that’s what we will…
- How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iOSWed, 19 Feb'20Source: Youtube One of the main reasons we have seen people switching from Android to iOS is because of the fact that iPhones from Apple are just a complete package overall. If we look at the Android side of things, it is no longer the case that Android phones, especially the flagships that used to…
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare