Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the cheaper Galaxy S20 from Samsung, here are our First Impressions so that you can decide whether you want to prebook these phones or not.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip first impressions
- Display: 6.2-inch QHD+ 20:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display
- SoC: Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform
- Storage: 8/12GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Camera: 12MP f/1.8 + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 + 64MP 3x Telephoto| 10MP f/2.4 (Selfie Camera)
- SIM: Dual Nano-SIM
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 25W fast charging
Design and Display:
The Design language followed by the newly launched Samsung Galaxy S20 is something we have already seen on previous Samsung smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite which have the rectangular camera module on the rear. And even with the Galaxy S20, the highlight here is the rectangular camera module situated at the back of the phone.
The front of the phone sports a gorgeous 120Hz screen refresh rate, a 6.2-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED panel which is just excellent and one of the best quality screens available in the market currently. It also has a punch-hole at the centre of the smartphone to house the selfie camera.
Moving on the button placements, the right contains the volume rockers and power button, where the top houses the SIM tray. On the bottom, it houses the USB Type-C port and the single speaker. The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with IP68 Water Certification as well.
The Mind-Blowing Quad Cameras:
Moving on to the most important and highlighting features of the Galaxy S20, the cameras. The Samsung Galaxy S20 houses a triple camera module that comprises a 12MP f/1.8 primary sensor + a 12MP ultra-wide sensor with a 120-degree field of view + a 64MP 3X telephoto lens. The Samsung Galaxy S20 with its 3X hybrid optical zoom can go up to 30x zoom using software optimization.
We got an opportunity to shoot a few images and the images we took the camera for a quick photoshoot and the camera samples came out to be excellent, with a good amount of detail, good colors and high dynamic range. On the video front, the Samsung Galaxy S20 can record videos in 8K at 24FPS and on the other normal mode, the stabilization is pretty good as well. The skin tones on the 10MP selfie camera were good as well, with no complaints here, but it is just that if Samsung could upgrade the primary sensors as well which are seen on the S20 Ultra.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy S20 runs on Snapdragon 865 in units under the US and some regions while most of the Asian regions including India will get Samsung’s Exynos 990 chipset.
The Snapdragon 865 in the international market sports the 5G Modem, but it is not confirmed whether the Exynos 990 will have support for 5G in India. There is no doubt that the Snapdragon 865 is an extremely capable and powerful chipset, it comes with a 15% faster CPU and about 25% faster GPU than the Snapdragon 855+ Chipset. The RAM and Storage Options include 8GB+ 128GB and 12GB + 128GB, We wished Samsung could have gone with the 256GB on both the variants.
Audio and Battery:
The Samsung Galaxy S20 has some good sounding speakers, these speakers get decently loud, have a good amount of depth and bass. The earphone quality is pretty good as well, it can get pretty loud and clear. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S20 misses out on the 3.5mm headphone jack, but this should affect a lot of people as there won’t be many flagship phones in 2020 with a 3.5mm headphone jack in 2020.
Moving on to the battery, the Samsung Galaxy S20 would need an above-average sized battery to have a phone running the 120Hz QHD+ Display on for a day. The Samsung Galaxy S20 sports a 4,000mah battery down the front and in our usage, it could easily give us 5-6 hours of screen on time with the 120Hz turned on at every moment. The battery life is decent and can last a general user for a day easily.
India Launch Price and Availability
The India pricing and availability for Samsung Galaxy 20, the S20 Plus and the S20 Ultra are not yet known as Samsung India hasn’t yet revealed the launch dates of the phone in India or about the pricing. Though, we expect this Galaxy S20 device to be made available sometime in February end and will be priced at around Rs. 71,999 ($999). Stay tuned for more information regarding the India pricing and launch.
Also read: Latest Smartphone Reviews
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.