Samsung, LG, Vivo, & Oppo Reportedly Shut Down Production In India Due To Coronavirus
Not only smartphone makers, other consumer electronic firms, appliance majors and many others have ordered shutdowns till month-end.
Highlights of the Story
- The COVID-19 outbreak is seriously disrupting deliveries and production in India.
- Various smartphone manufacturers are finding ways to prevent spread of the virus.
- Manufacturers are in talks with the authorities to discuss future plans.
The smartphone industry is suffering from a huge decline in sales due to COVID-19, a pandemic that has spread in more than 175+ countries. It is taking a toll on all industries without sparing the smartphone makers such as Samsung, Vivo, LG, and Oppo that have halted production in some or other ways to curb the ever-growing epidemic.
South Korean tech giant Samsung has officially closed down operations at its factory in Noida from March 23rd to March 25th. Although this isn’t the intended week-long lockdown period as other companies, Samsung has decided to close down productions for three days and has gathered around to discuss future plans with the local government.
Samsung has also closed down its sales department, marketing, and R&D and has advised employees to work from home. The company produces millions of units every month totaling at 12 crores every year and it is the largest smartphone factory in India. It is the third factory that Samsung has suspended after the COVID-19 outbreak that has engulfed almost every country on the face of the Earth. The company found out that a few employees were reported to have contracted COVID-19 at its Gumi, South Korea, plant after which the factory was shut down.
Apart from Samsung, LG has closed down its production factory in Noida and Pune where its home appliances are made till 31st March thus, abiding by the week-long lockdown. Apart from that, Oppo and Vivo have halted the production at their respective factories in Greater Noida.
Smartphone makers have resorted to digital-only launch events after the Coronavirus outbreak such as Realme is about to launch Narzo series on March 26 while Apple will hold WWDC 2020 in June and so on.
At this moment, there are more than 340K people tested positive for COVID-19. The smartphone market is predicted to set the biggest decline at 2.3% on a global scale.
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G
- OnePlus 9R Vs iPhone XR Vs iPhone 12 Full Comparison: Which One To Buy?
- Vivo X60 Pro Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus
- Hey guys, this article is all about the most frequently asked questions or say FAQ’s about the talk of the town, OnePlus 9R. 1. Does it have Gcam support? – Since, the GCAM on OnePlus 9R comes with just LEVEL 3 Hardware support, it means you do get GCAM support but certain features are limited.…