Apple Possibly Working On A Larger iPhone SE Model: The ‘iPhone SE Plus’
With Apple unveiling the much-awaited iPhone SE 2020 last week and replacing the iPhone 8 with it, there is already a leak which hints at the possibility of a larger iPhone SE variant that could arrive soon.
Highlights of the Story
- The iPhone SE Plus could feature a larger 5.5’’ display, just like the iPhone 8 Plus.
- The internals would mostly be the same, with a slight upgrade in battery and a multi-lens rear camera system.
- It could get a price bump of approximately Rs. 10,000 from the regular iPhone SE.
The mention was made by a report from 9to5Mac, which revealed Digitimes claiming to launch another larger model of the iPhone SE 2020 as Apple was in the works with two different LCD screens for the iPhone SE. This also made sense as the need for replacing the iPhone 8 Plus was also felt making the arrival of iPhone SE Plus came into news.
As per previous Apple trends, the iPhone SE Plus could differ from the regular iPhone SE in terms of rear-camera, display size and battery leaving the processor and other internals to be the same. The launch date for the iPhone SE Plus is quite uncertain, as according to Apple analyst Ming Chi Kuo, the launch of the device could delay to the second half of 2021. On the other hand, tech analyst Jon Prosser hints that the phone could be launched soon.
iPhone SE 2020 Specifications
The iPhone SE 2020 features a glass back and a single rear camera module. With a 4.7-inch HD Retina display, the iPhone SE looks almost the same as the iPhone 8, with chunky bezels and a physical Touch ID sensor.
So, we have the latest A13 Bionic chipset powering up the device. The chipset is the same that we get offered in the costlier iPhone 11 series. The iPhone SE comes in three colour options – black, white, and red with users enabled to choose between 64GB, 128GB or 256GB of internal storage.
Also Read: iPhone SE 2016 Vs iPhone SE 2020 Comparison
Rear camera setup is simple with a single 12MP shooter which now gets Portrait Mode, Portrait Lighting Effects, and Depth Control. The rear camera also supports Smart HDR along with 4K video recording at 60FPS. For selfies and video calling, we have a 7MP shooter at front.
The battery performance is the same as we get with the iPhone 8, as per Apple. The iPhone SE runs on the latest version of iOS 13 and also gets fast charging support.
The iPhone SE launch price starts at Rs. 42,500 for the base 64GB variant in India. So, as per previous trends, we can expect the ‘Plus’ variant to get a 10k base price jump from the regular iPhone SE.
- iQOO 7 Extreme Gaming Test - PUBG, COD Mobile, and Asphalt 9 Gameplay
- All truths revealed about the most-awaited 5G availability in India
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G
- OnePlus 9R Vs iPhone XR Vs iPhone 12 Full Comparison: Which One To Buy?