Canva is a fantastic tool to show your creativity, and there are tons of Canva Tips and tricks that you use to add zeal to your designs and get more bright illustrations fast and effortlessly. Please read this article to know the top 14 Canva Tips and Tricks that will help you get the most out of this tool and make we hope that this list of Canva Tips and tricks will help you become a professional in no time.
Tip 1: Canva Shortcuts
Canva drives your design understanding even more satiny and valuable by providing many convenient keyboard shortcuts.
|Adding a Text Box||T|
|Adding a Circle||C|
|Adding a Line||L|
|Adding a Rectangle||R|
|Zooming in and out||Ctrl/Cmd + ‘+’ or Ctrl/Cmd + Scroll|
|Duplicating an element||Ctrl/Cmd + D|
|Cropping a picture||Ctrl/Cmd + drag to resize|
Tip 2: Collate Different Parts Together
Is it possible to drag a distinct set of parts without bothering with the spacing and arrangement of the entire design?
Yes, it is achievable by utilising the Grouping feature.
- 1 – Press and hold on to the Shift key and choose all the parts you want to drag.
- 2 – Click on the Group option.
Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut:
Grouping : (Select parts) + Ctrl/Cmd + G.
Ungrouping: Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + G.
Tip 3: Utilize Smartmockups feature
If you design products, clothes, book covers, etc., then Canva offers you a feature in collaboration with Smartmockups to allow you to bring zeal to your designs.
- 1: Develop your photo and click on the three-dotted option in the right top corner.
- 2: Beneath the Share tab, you will see the Smartmockups option.
- 3: Sign Up for the Smartmockups with your Email-ID.
Once you sign up with Smartmockups, you will be able to see your products, clothes, book covers, etc., on real-world items. We personally find this an amazing feature to see how the final product on a screen will look before you actually start producing them.
Tip 4: Adding QR Codes to your Creations
Canva’s URL Generator is immensely useful when you are designing business cards or trade materials to advertise your application, website, or label.
- 1 – Navigate to the ‘More‘ option from the left side of the navigation bar.
- 2 – Choose and click on the ‘QR code’ under Apps and Integrations.
- 3- Now, add the URL to your website, business, or your application.
Your link will be transformed into a QR code that individuals can scan via their smartphones.
Tip 5: Do Live Stream via Canva
Seems impossible? We were taken aback as well, but you can really start a live stream via Canva.
- 1 – Select the Present option, which is placed under the ‘Recommended‘ tab.
- 2 – Choose the Standard Presentation option. You will then see a small live stream option on the bottom of the screen.
- 3 – Begin a new session and copy the invitation link.
- 4 – Transmit this link to individuals and begin your live streaming.
This live stream feature allows your audience to not have a Canva account before they can see such live stream, and they can also ask their queries over such live streams via their web browser.
This live stream feature can be really useful if you are an educator, and you can use it to conduct learning sessions, Q&A sessions, etc.
Also Read: Best Universal Smart TV Remote July 2022
Tip 6: Utilise Canva Screen Recorder
Canva comes with a screen-recorder option.
- 1 – Choose ‘Present and Record‘ from the Recommended Tab.
- 2 – Choose the ‘Go to the Recording Studio‘ option.
- 3 – Start adjusting your microphone and camera to begin recording.
You have the option to keep notes on your screen while you are recording your presentation. Once your recording is complete and you download it, you will find that the notes will not pop up on such a recording.
Lately, Canva oriented a new feature called ‘Audio-only talking presentations‘, wherein you can record your voice simultaneously with the presentation.
Tip 7: Utilise Canva Logo Maker to Make Amazing Symbols for your Label
Canva comes with tons of templates for developing professional-looking symbols. You can see them beneath the Business Templates option on the Home page.
Pick one of your choices, modify it a bit, and you have a new symbol now.
Tip 8: Utilise Canva’s Magic Resize Tool
If you are a social media influencer, the Magic Resize tool of Canva will give you an exclusive design for all the content you post on various social media platforms.
- 1 – Once you have finished your creation, click the Resize option on the top left side of the screen.
- 2 – Punch in a design format or punch in some custom measurements.
- 3 – Once you punch in some design format/ custom measurements, click on Resize, and your design will be formatted.
Tip 9: Leave Comments While Working with a Team
If you work with a bunch of designers, you know that many emails are exchanged for a design revision, and many emails can be overwhelming, but Canva’s collaboration feature lets you leave a comment instantly on the design itself for your designer to review on and do modifications.
A small bubble-type logo occurs near the design, allowing you to comment and tag team associates.
Tip 10: Link your Google Drive and Other Cloud Storages
This tip is convenient as we do not live in those days wherein the photos were dragged and dropped in.
Once you connect your Google Drive, One Drive, Google Photos, Instagram, Facebook or Dropbox to Canva, you can access all your photos easily.
Also Read: OnePlus Tablet – Everything We Know So Far
Tip 11: Utilise Canva Graph Maker to Design Amazing Charts and Diagrams
- 1 – Head to Canva Graph Maker
- 2 – Punch in your document title and select the ‘Create my Graph Now‘ option.
- 3 – Select one from 25+ various sorts of charts and diagrams and then start editing.
Tip 12: Utilise Canva’s Color Palette Generator to Build Stunning Color Blends
Head to Canva’s Color Palette Generator and upload a picture of your preference.
You will get the prevailing colours used in that picture, along with their hex codes. This is an excellent option if you intend to design your home walls or your website from a colour palette.
Tip 13: Get Color Palette Visions and Font Mixtures
If you need insight on various colour palettes, then you can head to Canva’s Color Palettes and just add any keyword, and you will see tons of various templates to select from.
The other option is to utilise the Canva’s Color Wheel, which is quite an immersive tool that helps you choose various colour blends, and you can either export such blends or make something graphical with them.
Further, Canva Font Combinations can assist you in discovering excellent font pairing suggestions.
Tip 14: Directly Utilise a Picture on Canva
There is no requirement to download a picture and then upload it on Canva to edit it. Just copy any picture from the Internet, and paste it into the Canva editor.
Using Canva is an excellent way to demonstrate your creativity, and there are many Canva tips and tricks to help you get more bright illustrations quickly and effortlessly.
Our goal with this article is to make Canva more effective for you from now on. Happy Designing!
Law Graduate with knack for keeping up with latest technology news.