The S11 Lite flaunts a 5.7 inch IPS multi-touch capacitive screen having an aspect ratio of 18:9 and with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels for a crisp viewing experience. And of course, the super glossy plastic rear end, the rounded edges and the fingerprint sensor all leading up to a whopping premium look. This device comes with a Snapdragon 430 processor working with 4GB RAM at 1.4 GHz and running on Android 7.1 (Nougat), it has an internal memory of 32GB that can be further extended up to 256GB. Featuring a pair of dual rear cameras and a front camera of 13MP+2MP and 16MP respectively, the S11 Lite indeed feels light weighing just over 141 grams.
With a battery capacity of 3,030mAh, this device also supports multiple connectivity options like GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wifi, Bluetooth v4.0 among all others. This device is primarily targeted for the offline buyers and can be found in Black, Dark Blue, Gold colour options at INR 8,189/- on Amazon.
The Gionee S11 Lite is all about the glamorous looks, long-lasting battery, but then many features stand out poorly as a whole. Here’s a detailed set of pros and cons:
- Super Sleek Design (the bling!)
- Fast Snapdragon processor
- Good Battery Longevity
- Plenty of memory
- Not so good display
- Disappointing cameras
- Fingerprint magnet rear design
- No matter how shiny, it is still plastic
Well, the Gionee S11 Lite can, at many times, not turn out to be the first choice of premium users because all of its strength lies on the surface and not much on the inside – giving its software a very little thought. However, if you’re looking for a phone which works fine for short periods and looks more than just fine, then this phone can work out pretty well with you.
The Gionee S11 Lite steals a lot of attention because of its stunning looks but reminds quickly about the old and ignored that has been put together in a shiny, new package.
This phone has a 5.7-inch Color IPS screen integrated with 16M colours and Multi-touch capacitive display. The 18:9 aspect ratio enhances the viewing experience at the prompt resolution on 720 x 1440 pixels, but when compared to its competitors that sells cheaper phones at Full HD displays currently.
The Gionee S11 scores high when it comes to the shiny rear design and its premium finish – till you hold it and realise it is made up of plastic camouflaged as glass. Later, the very same glossy rear turns to a fingerprint magnet and spoils the entire vibe. The phone comes with a dimension of 153.8 x 72.59 x 7.9 mm and weighing just above 141 grams. The thin bezels at the front as well as the small and lightweight power and volume buttons jabbed in the corner, makes the smartphone look minimalist. However, as the buttons are both of equal sizes, it takes a proper look before knowing which is what.
Powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor at 1.4GHz and 4GB RAM, this device works well for the generic usage, while the 3D games and videos might take loader loading time. It also features an Adreno 505 GPU to keep a smooth interface for multitasking. So, if you’re an avid gamer, this phone might give you a hard time to keep up with the running times. Another bummer is that it works on Android 7.1 (Nougat) instead of the original Android Oreo in the time of its release.
With a 13MP+2MP set of rear cameras and 16MP selfies cameras with several additional features like the Face Detection, Geo Tagging, etc. can work quite well for a lot of users. But, having said that the image quality of this phone doesn’t do much good in terms of clarity and noise cancellation in comparison to its competitors, which is a real dealbreaker. The Auto HDR mode tends to make the photos overexposed as well as the Macro mode makes it oversaturated. This S11 Lite can also record Full HD videos at 1080p at 30fps and comes with accompanying LED flash.
One of the strong points for this phone would be the non-removable 3,030 mAh Li-ion battery that delivers at least 12-14 hours of backup after extreme usage. So, if you travel every day or don’t like to get your phone charged now and then, the S11 Lite won’t bother you at all.
Just like it is said before, Gionee S11 starts strong with its impressive looks and good battery power but then due to some significant missouts in the software and camera, this phone couldn’t keep up with the pace of its competitors even after having the advantage of coming out late and using recent technologies to outperform them. Overall, this phone isn’t too bad at all for a buy but seems pretty neglected in its make except its exterior beauty.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.06 inches
- Weight141 g
- ColorGold, Dark Blue, Black
- Width2.86 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.7 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1440 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Pixel Density282 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.751
- CPUOcta-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 7.1 (Nougat) Amigo 5
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm)
- GPUAdreno 505
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.22 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity3030 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, February
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Gionee S11 Lite
Get the best price for Gionee S11 Lite
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare