Taking screenshots is easier on iPhone or any smartphone, but what if you need to capture more than a still image? Enter Screen Record on iPhone! There could be many reasons why you would want to screen record on iPhone. Maybe you want to show your gaming skills to friends, or you want to save a video without downloading it. Perhaps, you want to create an immediate guide for your YouTube channel. Irrespective of where your priority lies, you can easily benefit from the screen record feature on iPhone. However, to leverage the benefit, you must know how to screen record on iPhone?
While you are already here, I would assume you are unaware of this feature, and therefore we will walk through two ways to help you make the most out of screen recording. Here’s how!
2 ways to Screen Record on iPhone
Screen recording on iPhone is no rocket science. It’s just that you need to get the basics right. How to screen record on iPhone won’t even be a question if you know about the default Screen recording feature on your iPhone.
#1 Enable iPhone’s Screen Recording feature
Before you begin recording the screen, you should know how to enable this feature on your iPhone. And for that, you need to check if the screen record button is in the Control center or not; if not, you must add it first.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center. (If you are using iPhone X or later, the control center will appear by swiping down from the top-right corner, for iPhone 8 or earlier, you need to swipe up)
- Now, find the screen record button in the control center. It will look like a dot with a circle around it.
- If you can’t find it, go to Settings>Control center>Customize Controls.
- Scroll down a bit to the More controls menu and find the Screen recording option.
- Next, tap on the “+” symbol that is next to the Screen recording text. Doing so, this feature will get added to the Control center.
Note that you can remove screen recording anytime you want by tapping on the “-” button that appears next to the Screen recording option in the Control center.
How to do screen recording on iPhone
Now that you have added the screen recording option to the Control centre, it’s time to start using it. Here’s how to screen record on iPhone:
- Depending upon your iPhone model, swipe down or up to open the Control centre.
- Next, tap the Record button.
- A three-second countdown will start, and after that, the clock in the upper-left corner will appear red. In older iPhone models, a red bar appears at the top of the screen.
- Now, tap on the screen to close the control centre and begin recording both the video and audio.
- If you wish to end the recording, just tap on the red clock and tap on Stop. You can also swipe down the control centre and tap on the Screen record button again to stop recording the screen.
Also Read: How To Take A Screenshot On Macbook?
How to do screen recording on iPhone with audio
Your iPhone gives you the feature to record yourself too while recording the screen, here’s how to do it:
- Tap and hold the Record button.
- A pop-up screen will appear, there, tap on the microphone icon at the bottom and then tap on Screen recording. You will again see the countdown has begun.
- Now, tap twice on the screen to exit the Control centre.
- So, now the microphone is enabled, and it will turn on every time you begin screen recording. You can turn this feature off anytime you want.
#2 How to screen record on iPhone using Mac
If you have a Mac, here’s some good news for you. You can screen record on your iPhone with your Mac too. QuickTime Player for macOS has been a proficient tool for recording screens on iPhones for a long now. Also, the recording is done in high quality, which can be useful when creating presentations or guides.
- First of all, connect your iPhone to the Mac and launch QuickTime Player.
- Now, at the top-left corner of the screen, find the File menu and choose New Movie Recording under it.
- A bar with the record button will appear. Click on the downward arrow next to the record button and then choose your iPhone in the Camera menu that appears. You can also enable the built-in microphone and choose the quality of the video under the same section.
- Your iPhone is now mirrored to the Mac. Tap the record button to start recording the screen. If you want to stop recording, just hit the record button again and save the file in your desired location.
What after recording the screen?
Now that you know how to screen record on iPhone, you might wonder what’s next. Well, you can edit and share those files easily. iPhone has a lot of editing tools and filter options by default. Make the most out of the screen recording using these tools.
- Open the Photos app and head to the Camera Roll. Select the recorded video.
- Now, tap on Edit in the top-right corner.
- Next, you will find a visual timeline of the video at the bottom of the screen. From there, you can use the arrow beside the Play button to trim the video as per your choice.
- Adjust the arrow till the time you are satisfied with the length of the video.
- You can also add filters to the video.
- Once done, save the edited video. Tap Done>Save as New Clip.
And that, my friend, is how to do screen recording on iPhone in the simplest ways. So, go ahead and make the most out of this feature.
Engineer by Degree, Writer by Profession. I have tried my hands on different genre of writing only to end up finding technology to be my forte.