How to Search and Apply for Ration Card Online: A Guide with Links
Old Ration Cards used to be notoriously difficult to maintain in good shape as they were pieces of paper. However, many state governments have now introduced online applications and Smart Ration Cards as well, that are made of plastic with a code, and last much longer. This handy article covers all you need to know.
Highlights of the Story
This short guide to Apply for Ration Card Online, and Search Ration Card covers :
- Eligibility and Documents Required
- Types of Ration Cards
- Searching or Applying via State Government Websites with Links
The Ration Card is a vital document for many Indian Citizens, whether below the poverty line or above it. As you may know, this card serves both food security and ID proof purposes. Bookmark this handy article by Cashify that walks you through everything you need to know about Ration Card list Search and how to apply for a new Ration Card Online.
The Ration Card is governed by the National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA). Administering Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) and Priority Household (PHH) Ration Cards comes under the respective State Government or Union Territory.
To apply for a new Ration Card or to search your card in the Ration Card list, visit your respective State/Union Territory Food Portals.
Ration Card Application Requirements and Eligibility
All Ration card applicants must be bonafide residents of an Indian State, and Indian Citizens.
They should not have any other ration card within the state or outside as this is considered fraud and is legally punishable by law.
To apply for a new ration card, you need the following documents:
- Proof of Residence (rent agreement document/ telephone bill/ gas bill/ passport/ front page of bank passbook).
- Surrender certificate/ Deletion certificate/ No card certificate if there is no previous family card.
- Details about earlier applications and rejections (if applicable).
- LPG connection details, if any.
- Mobile number/email id.
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard.
Types of Ration Card
There are 4 types of Ration Card for obtaining various subsidies on food, fuel and other state-subsidized goods.
Blue Ration Card
For families living below the poverty line (BPL). This card may be blue, yellow or green depending on your state and covers families whose total annual income is below Rs.6400/- in rural areas and below Rs.11,850/- in urban areas.
Issued to families who do not have access to an LPG or Gas connection, it enables them to purchase subsidized fuel in addition to subsidized food products.
Pink Ration Card
This card is for families living above the poverty line (APL) who are not eligible for the blue card but want subsidized food products. In rural areas, these cards are orange coloured, while in urban areas, they are pink coloured with a photograph of the head of the family.
White Ration Card
This card is for people living well above the poverty line and serves as an ID.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana
A scheme for the poorest of the poor, a ration card for this scheme holders is the same as or slightly different than the blue Ration Card.
Applying for Ration Card and Searching List via State Ration Card Websites:
Since every state and union territory has its own Ration Card registration and tracking system, there is no unified platform as of yet. We suspect that it may be on the way in a few years. Right now, the only way to apply for Ration Card online is by going to the state websites and filling up the forms there.
Find below a list of Links full of State Government Ration Card Websites. Here you can check your application status, confirm if you already have a ration card or not, and find more assistance. Some of these links may not work temporarily, as these sites experience a lot of traffic.
That was everything you needed to know about applying for a Ration Card or Rashan Card online! Know an easier online way to do that? Tell us in the comments below!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…