Do you want to update the address in Aadhaar without any documents? Then this guide is for you. Aadhaar Card is an integral part of our digital life. It is a 12-digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India to any Indian resident irrespective of their age and gender. Thus, the A Aadhaar card serves as proof of identity and address for Indians.
However, if you have shifted to another place and want to change your address on your Aadhaar card without any documents, then you can do it easily by following the simple steps mentioned below.
According to the official UIDAI website, all you need is the Aadhaar number of the person acting as your verifier. However, note that the Aadhaar number must be linked to a mobile number for your verification.
Steps to change Aadhaar Card Address without Documents
Step 1: Firstly, you have to visit the official UIDAI website, i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/; then, you need to click on “Update demographics data online” in the “My Aadhaar” menu.
Step 2: Then, you will be redirected to the Aadhaar self-service update portal and then press on “Continue to update Aadhaar” and enter your valid 12 digit Aadhaar number.
Step 3: You have to verify your “captcha code” to confirm and click the “Send OTP” button. Enter the six-digit OTP or 8 digit TOTP sent to your registered number, then click the “Sign In” button.
Step 4: Once done, you need to share “Verifier Details”, i.e. enter your “Verifiers Aadhaar Number”. Then an SMS will be sent to the Verifier person with a link to their registered mobile number to approve the update.
Step 5: Once the verifier clicks on the link and he/she receives another SMS for the verification of OTP. Then you must enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number and captcha code for verification.
Step 6: Once it is verified, you will now get a Service Request Number (SRN) through an SMS and then sign in with “SRN”, view the address in the preview, edit the address in local language (if necessary) and click the “Save” button.
Step 7: Now, accept the box next to the declaration and “submit” your application. You will now receive a “confirmation letter” with a “secret code” sent to the verifier’s address by postal.
Step 8: Now, you need to revisit the UIDAI site and click the “Continue to update address” link and sign in again with Aadhaar and select the option “Update address via secret code”
Step 9: You have to enter the “secret code”. Once done, preview the new address and tab on the “Submit” button.
What Should You Keep in Mind When Updating Your Address Without Documents?
- There are many steps in this procedure, including an application by the applicant, acceptance or permission by the verifier. Final submission by the applicant, and a secret code to finish the process.
- If you move more than once, you may change your address on your Aadhaar Card. But your new address must be the same as the one you are presently living in.
- The Service Request Number (SRN) is generated when you submit an Aadhaar Address Update request through the validation letter. The Update Request Number (URN) is a 14-digit number you receive after completing the online address update process. The same is sent to your mobile phone number.
- The verification letter with the secret code is mailed to you at the address provided by the verifier.
- Alternatively, you may download it via https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/, or you can get it at the newly-addressed address you provided in your application.
- Your cellphone number and the mobile number of your verifier must be registered with Aadhaar Card.
- Because the verifier’s name is pre-filled under the c/o box, you will not be able to change it.
- The letter will be delivered to you within 30 working days after the date on which the request was made.
Best Amazon Great Republic Day Sale TV Deals
Who has the authority to update the address in the Aadhaar without the use of documents?
If you are someone who has recently relocated to a new city, or if you have newly married and moved to your husband’s home, you can now easily update your address in Aadhaar without having to submit any documents using this online facility of Aadhaar Validation Letter without having to submit any documents.
Also Read: 5 Most Expensive Laptops to Buy in India
Security Issues with the Aadhaar Address Verification System
You should be worried about your demographic and biometric information if you are an Aadhaar Address Verifier since it is entirely understandable. The UIDAI has taken care of it, and other than the address, none of your other personal information will be shared with the resident. Therefore, all of your demographic and biometric data would be kept entirely confidential and secure. No additional data from any verifier will be utilised or updated into the resident’s Aadhaar card due to using this procedure. This means you can offer an address update to a trustworthy person in your knowledge more quickly if that person requests one. If you do not provide your approval within the specified time range, you will be required to restart the procedure.
Also Read: How to Check Name in Voter List Online?
So here we know the steps to update an Aadhaar address without any documents. I hope you enjoyed the article. If you’re facing problems updating your Aadhaar address, then let me know in the comment section below !!
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Not Working Error: A Troubleshooting Guide
Click here if you’re looking to sell phone online, or want to recycle old phone, and Cashify will help you get the process completed right at your doorstep.