How To Download Voter ID Card In India: A 4-Step Tutorial You Should Not Miss
As voting season draws near, many voters new and old will discover that the documentation process has become more digitized than ever before! This handy article covers the 4 steps you need to take to obtain your e-EPIC or Voter ID anywhere in India!
Highlights of the Story
- Looking to vote this coming election season?
- Skip the hassle of waiting for your Voter Card in 4 steps.
The National Election Commission of India issues Voter Cards for all eligible Indian Citizens. Before the Digital India initiative, obtaining your Elector Photo ID Card, or EPIC, was majorly an offline process. Since January 25th 2021, however, you can download a copy of your EPIC from the National Voter Services Portal, and the Election Commission of India website.
This handy tutorial by Cashify is a must-read for every Indian citizen in 2021! With the voting season on its way to many states and UTs, many of you may be waiting for a reminder, and a tutorial like this one.
This article will cover the eligibility and the process of downloading your Voter ID Card in India.
Related read: How to download Delhi Government’s Delhi Corona App
- You should be a registered voter after filling out Form 6 from the Voter Portal, or the Voter Helpline App (Android / iOS)
- If you are an NRI, you need to have submitted Form 6A.
- Additionally, If you have shifted from a constituency to another, you should have submitted Form 8A via the Voter Portal.
Downloading Voter ID Via e-EPIC
- Check your mobile Phone SMS If you are a new voter and if your mobile number is linked. You would have a unique SMS from the Voter Portal with a link to download E EPIC Online.
- Click that link or log in to https://nvsp.in/Account/Login or https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
- Create an account with your mobile number and email, if you aren’t registered on the platform yet.
- Log in to view the option ‘Download e-Epic’ or ‘Download E Voter Card’ and click that.
The PDF download will begin. Open E Voter ID Card. Review it carefully to rule out any errors in your details. The Election Commission recommends that you upload a backup of this document to your Digi Locker, where you can easily re-download and share the document for future use.
That was all you need to do to download a registered Voter ID Card in India!
Related read: Best apps to buy cryptocurrency in India!
Bookmark this page! Set a calendar alert for the next elections. Thank you for choosing to vote. Please comment and share this article to encourage more people to register for voting. Now you know how easy it is to get your Voter Card online!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…