How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus!
Screenshots on a smartphone are one of the most basic features that are offered, and we often tend to forget how convenient and easy they are sometimes. Samsung offers multiple ways to take screenshots on their flagship devices and come up with multiple enhancements in Samsung’s typical fashion. There are many ways to take a screenshot of the Samsung Galaxy S8 officially, and this guide shows a few of them
Highlights of the Story
- Screenshot helps capture what’s on your screen as well as easily share it with the world
- Screenshots could also be used to guide your friends and show them something when they can’t find it
- Screenshots can be captured in different ways on different devices but Samsung offers additional features and ways to capture a screenshot easily.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S8 then there are at least four unique ways to take a screenshot on your mobile, Samsung also comes with useful software improvements that can make life simpler. Samsung smartphones come with a range of features and services that are not otherwise available to other manufacturers. In this guide, we show you a variety of different ways to take a quick screenshot of your Galaxy S8 smartphone.
Capture a screenshot using Hardware Buttons on Samsung Galaxy S8
This is possibly the simplest way to take a screenshot on a smartphone and is widely found on most modern Android smartphones now. You’ll need to use your hardware buttons to capture a screenshot in this process and since we don’t have a physical home button on the Samsung Galaxy S8, we’ll need to use the power button and the volume keys to capture a screenshot on the Smartphone. Samsung has fortunately chosen to include this function with the basic set of hardware controls that are available on all Android smartphones to capture the screenshot here.
Step by step instructions:
- Navigate to the screen or page that you want to capture as a screenshot
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power buttons together to successfully capture a screenshot
Capture a screenshot using the Palm Gesture on Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung has had the palm gesture option to capture a screenshot on their smartphones for a while now, it has been seen on several smartphones, including some old ones, and this functionality has been retained even on the new One UI firmware upgrades across devices. This is comparable to the hardware button option, but only much faster and easier. You just have to swipe your palm across the screen to take a screenshot using your palm gesture.
- Go to the settings app on the device and find the Advanced Features option
- In Advanced Features tab, find the Palm Swipe to capture option and make sure it is turned on
- Now, navigate to the screen that you want to take a screenshot
- Extend your palm and swipe the whole display with the side of your hand
- This should capture a screenshot and save it in the screenshots folder of your gallery app
On some devices, this feature might not be turned on by default What you need to do is go to the settings and switch on the Palm Swipe to catch the feature once, and it will work all the time without any intervention. You will be able to continue from the third stage after that.
Capture a screenshot using the “Scroll Capture” option
Capturing a screenshot using the Scroll Capture option was once a unique feature on Samsung and a few other devices; however, it has now been replicated on most major smartphones. This helps users to capture an image that is more than what the screen displays at the instant, this works out as a perfect way to capture the full scrollable pages of apps in a single image. It can be very useful for web pages and other applications with scrolling content.
- Navigate to the screen that you wish to capture
- Use the hardware buttons or the palm swipe gesture mentioned above to initiate a screenshot
- A preview and few options should now show up at the bottom of the screen
- Now tap on the Scroll capture option for as much as you wish to capture
- Once you have scrolled enough and captured what you were looking for then you can easily save the image to the gallery
- You can alternatively draw or crop the image from the previous preview
For this feature to function on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device, make sure you have Smart Capture enabled, this can be found by navigating to the Settings application and searching for Smart Capture toggles in the Advanced Features Tab.
Capturing a screenshot using Smart Select Option
Smart select is a special feature found mainly on Samsung devices running either TouchWiz or One UI software. Smart Select enables users to create screenshots in personalized shapes such as square or oval. It allows users to combine GIF animation sequences and pin it to the screen allowing them to float above the UI.
- Navigate to the screen or page that you want to capture a screenshot
- Open the Edge panel by swiping in the designated region
- Slide left or right to change the pages to find the Smart Select option
- You can now use your S Pen to choose Smart Select, then choose the mode of your preference
- Now use your S Pen to conveniently draw on the display and select the area that you want to screenshot
There are special features in each section here, you can extract text from screenshots taken or even draw on screenshots before sharing. Smart Select is an option in the Edge panel that may be disabled for a few, you can activate it by heading to the Settings app, then open the Display tab and Select Edge Screen section. Now search for Edge Panels and turn it on, now select Smart Select from the Edge panel to make sure it is activated.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
- Samsung Galaxy M31s Launched In India30 Jul 2020
You May Also ReadView All
Gionee has become one of the best-emerging smartphone brands in India. With many smartphones in its portfolio, it often becomes confusing for buyers to decide which one to buy. No problem, we have compiled Gionee mobiles price list 2020 for you. With this you can easily do a Gionee price comparison of devices that are in the market right now. Our carefully inspected catalogue of the Gionee price list will surely allow you to decide and choose between different models, of each and every price segment. Furthermore, you can also click on any phone’s name to get the complete Gionee specifications of that device which would be pinned by an honest review by Cashify’s experts. This list would alert you of all major and key differences in various Gionee phones and would even help you make out the correct RAM and storage option for you. You can check specifications as per your priority such as a camera or battery department and also look at some not-so-popular Gionee phones that are available in India but not known to you.
Infinix offers a decent range of smartphones which give a great Android experience along with modern hardware. Infinix smartphone line-up is definitely growing with the company catering to budgets of almost all the users in the market. To help you decide your next smartphone, here is a combined Infinix mobile price list which would let you analyze specifications and prices of all Infinix smartphones available in India right now. Infinix’s smartphone line-up gets updated routinely thereby adding new features along with a more refined spec-sheet. Infinix price comparison would come into play to let you know the differences between various models and help you make the right choice. So, here’s a detailed collection of Infinix mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Infinix mobile to let you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage. The list also gets Infinix’s latest price India to help you choose the device according to the budget.
HTC, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some decent devices in the Indian market. These phones often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices in its portfolio, we have combined this HTC mobiles price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all HTC devices available in India right now. HTC nowadays has smartphones mostly in the budget to mid-range segment, so our HTC price comparison helps consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to buy. Here’s a detailed collection of HTC phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all HTC mobiles price in India. This complete HTC price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see HTC mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each HTC mobile.
Micromax is one of the oldest smartphone brands which is now struggling with gloomy sales, mostly due to a lack of modern features and poor marketing. However, the brand does offer a decent price to performance ratio along with decent internals and acceptable modern hardware. Micromax smartphone line-up is definitely vast with the company focussing more on budget focussed consumers. To help you decide your next smartphone, here is a combined Micromax mobile price list which would let you analyze specifications and prices of all Micromax smartphones available in India right now. Micromax’s
smartphone line-up also gets new members added routinely thereby adding new features along with a better spec-sheet, at cheap and budget-friendly price tags. So, here’s a detailed collection of Micromax mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Micromax mobile to let you know exactly how the device performs in reality. Micromax price comparison would help you know the differences between various models and help you make the right investment. The list also gets Micromax’s latest price India to help you choose the device according to the budget.
Sony, although with an awful smartphone sales figure, offers impressive hardware quality and decent internals in their smartphones. With the brand suffering from a bad reputation in the smartphone market, the offerings made by Sony often fail to attract the crowd. But, with the company focussing on adding better and more competitive smartphones to its portfolio, users must take a look at these when planning to buy a new phone. To make this decision correct, we have a combined Sony mobile price list which would let you analyse specifications and prices of all Sony smartphones available in India right now. Sony price comparison would help you to know the differences between various models and help you make the right purchase. Sony presently has devices in the mid-range to a premium segment only, leaving a very small area to be looked upon. So, the list also gets Sony’s latest price India to help you choose the device which doesn’t drill a hole in your pocket. Here’s a detailed collection of Sony mobile phone specifications followed by an honest and detailed Cashify expert review of each Sony mobile to let you know exactly how the device delivers in real usage.