BlueStacks is a popular Android emulator that lets you run Android apps on your Mac or Windows computer. You may download productivity applications, games, and other apps from the Play Store or App Store and run them on your PC using this free application. BlueStacks is interesting because it lets you use your applications on a larger screen and interact with them using a controller. Gamers will appreciate this emulator because it allows them to use controller in BlueStacks and play Android games on a larger screen.
With the Android gaming landscape evolving at a breakneck pace over the last few years, apps like Minecraft now have built-in gamepad controls. Because these built-in controls are now available, you can simply enable the native gamepad support option in BlueStacks and start playing your favourite game. It will be exactly like playing a PC game with a gamepad.
Also read: How to Reduce Lag in PUBG New State Android?
We’ve got you covered if you’ve installed BlueStacks on your Mac or Windows PC but aren’t sure how to set up your controller. The article below will show you how to use controller in BlueStacks step by step.
How to Usea Controller With BlueStacks in Windows
Users who have a Windows PC can use a keyboard and mouse to navigate BlueStacks. You can, however, use controller in Bluestacks to play a game if you wish. Logitech, Redgear, PDP, PS4, and Xbox One controllers are among the controllers supported by BlueStacks.
It’s simple and quick to set up and use your controller with BlueStacks in Windows; here’s how:
- Install BlueStacks on your computer.
- Use Bluetooth or plug your controller into a USB port to connect your controller to your PC. Because BlueStacks is plug-and-play, it should recognise your controller right away when you connect it.
- After that, you must enable “Native Gamepad Support.”
- Navigate to the symbol with three stacked lines on the BlueStacks “Home” screen. The icon is located in the top-right corner of the screen. Select it by clicking on it.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Game Control Settings” from the drop-down menu. “Enable Gamepad Detection” comes under this heading. To use this feature, check the box.
- Then, from the three options offered to you, choose from “Force On,” “Force Off,” and “Auto.” The native gamepad controls will be enabled if “Force On” is selected. The native gamepad controls will be disabled if “Force Off” is selected. If the game feature built-in support, “Auto” will activate the native gamepad controls.
You should now be able to use controller in Bluestacks to play your games.
It’s important to keep in mind that a PS4 controller works best when plugged into a USB port, and we advise this connectivity over Bluetooth, which can be troublesome. Another thing to keep in mind is that not all games will work with your chosen controller. A little controller image will appear beneath the game icon in games that are compatible with your connected controller.
How to Use a Controller With BlueStacks on a Mac
It’s just as easy to connect and use controller in Bluestacks on a Mac as it is on a Windows PC. The steps are as follows:
- Activate the pairing button on your controller after turning it on.
- To pair the two devices, go to “Bluetooth Preferences” on your Mac, find the name of your controller, and click on it.
- Launch BlueStacks after you’ve linked your controller to your Mac.
- Navigate to the sidebar menu on the right side of the BlueStacks “Home” screen. The “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear, is located at the bottom right of this bar. Click on this icon.
- Select “Preferences” from the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down until you see the heading “Game Control Settings” in this window. A sub-heading labelled “Enable Gamepad Detection” can be found here. Check the box to enable this option.
- The next step is to select one of three options: “Auto,” “Force On,” or “Force Off.” You can enable or disable your native gamepad controls with the “Force On” and “Force Off” buttons. If the game has built-in support, “Auto” option will activate your native gamepad controls.
After you’ve done these steps, you may close the menus and use controller in Bluestacks to pick the game you want to play, just like you would on a console.
Once you understand the steps, setting up to use controller in Bluestacks is quite simple. Configuring or changing your controls to suit a certain game is a little more difficult, but we’re confident that if you follow the basic instructions, you’ll be able to do it in no time.
Did you ever think to use controller in Bluestacks to play an Android game? Did you use any of the methods described in this guide? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.