How To View Saved WiFi Password In Your Android Device?
You might have forgotten your Wi-Fi password that you used once to connect your smartphone but now there is no way you can view the password. Here are a few methods through which you can view the saved password for your Wi-Fi network.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To View Saved WiFi Password
Highlights of the Story
- It can happen sometimes that you forget your Wi-Fi password but your Android phone is connected to a saved network.
- While there is no direct way to see the password of your saved Wi-Fi network, there are several different hacks that you can try.
- Here is a list of methods that can help you see the password of your saved Wi-Fi network on your android phone.
If you have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, you need not worry as you are not alone and it is more common than you may think. Many users connect their smartphones with their Wi-Fi while setting them up and forget it. This could happen if you want to share the Wi-Fi password with one of your friends and you don’t remember the password of your Wi-Fi. And in case you haven’t saved your Wi-Fi password anywhere physically or in memo apps like Google Keep. There are several different ways to access it from your Android phone.
How To View Saved WiFi Password
It is possible to access your Wi-Fi password using your Android smartphone but it’s not a straightforward method. It is easier to access it if your device is rooted or is running on Android 10. But if you don’t have that there are still some different ways without having to root your device. Here are multiple different methods through which you can view your saved WiFi password.
1. Check WiFi password on devices running on Android 10
Android offers multiple different ways to find out your saved Wi-Fi passwords easily. If you are running Android 10 for later on your smartphone you might be able to view the Wi-Fi password of your saved network on your smartphone. These are the following steps that you need to follow.
- Open the Settings app and go to your ‘Network & Internet’ option
- Now select WiFi and on the next page you will see a list of available Wifi networks and below that you will see “Saved Networks”
- Inside the saved networks menu, select the Wifi for which you would like to view the password. And now select the small gear or lock icon next to the saved network.
- Click on the Share button on the right and you will be presented with a QR code on your screen.
- Below the QR code on the screen, you will see the password written in plain text.
- You can either choose to share the password directly. Or ask the person you want to share it with to scan the QR code from their phone.
2. How to Find Wi-Fi Password via Your Wi-Fi Router
You can also access your Wi-Fi password through the admin panel of your wireless router. It is easy to access it through the ‘Router Setup Page’ app. The app is available on the Play store and access the admin panel of your wireless router. Once you have access to your admin panel you can follow the below-mentioned steps to view your Wifi password:
- Open the admin panel of your wireless router
- Now go to the ‘Settings’ page.
- Navigate to the ‘Wireless’ settings page, then the ‘Wireless Security’ option and you can see your Wi-Fi password there.
If you don’t want to use the “Router Setup page” app you can also access the admin panel of your wireless router through any internet browser. You have to open a new tab and enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the search bar. While this works for most of the routers if this doesn’t work for you can search on the internet for your specific wifi router.
Also read: How To Make A Stylus Pen At Home?
3. Check WiFi password for Android Oreo or lower
Unfortunately, smartphones and tablets running stock on Android 9 and lower cannot generate QR codes for your Wi-Fi. However, you can use any third-party app to generate a QR code for your Wi-Fi. Or you can generate from another device and use the Google lens app to scan the QR code.
You can use any QR code generator app from Google Play Store and use the option to generate QR code for your Wi-fi. And this QR code image can be saved to your gallery. And now follow the below steps to decode the Wifi password from the QR code image.
- Open the Google lens app or tap the lens icon in the Google app
- From here you can select the QR code image from your gallery or choose search with your camera option
- Once the QR code is scanned you’ll see your password along with the Wi-Fi name below in the results.
You can even use Google Photos app and look for the Google lens option there. Once the QR code is scanned, you will see your Wi-fi credentials as plain text and you can note down the credentials.
4. Check WiFi password for rooted Android devices
If your Android phone is running Android 9 or lower and you want to view the password of your saved Wi-Fi network. You need to use the Wifi Key Recovery app from the play store that requires Root privileges, which means your device should be rooted. This will work only if you have installed TWRP on your phone and using that you can install Magisk for root.
If your device is rooted then it opens up a lot of ways through which you can check the saved password of your Wi-Fi. There are several apps on the Play Store that claims to show your Wi-Fi password. One of them that works great is the Wi-Fi Password Viewer by SimoneDev. Here’s how you can use it.
1. Open the Wi-Fi Password viewer app and provide it the Superuser access
2. Allow the permission by tapping on ‘Grant’ when the pop-up appears. That’ll take you to the Wi-Fi network you connected. It’ll show you each entry of the password beneath that Wi-Fi name.
3. If you have connected to many different Wi-Fi networks then the list may be quite long and you can search for it using the search button.
Also read: Truth Social App: All You Need To Know About
With that out of the way, you are now equipped to quickly detect your forgotten password! All it will take is just following the above mentioned simple steps and you will be done with it in no time.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…