How To Prevent Automatic App Installs On Samsung Smartphones?
Samsung has always been one of the top smartphone sellers in India. Their sturdy design, build-quality all contributed to creating this huge user base. But, no matter how advanced these smartphones are, Samsung users are facing certain privacy issues, and ‘Samsung galaxy store automatically installing apps’ is one of those. However, there are a few effective methods like disabling Galaxy Apps or turning off Auto Update that can fix this problem.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung smartphone users are repetitively complaining regarding automatic app installations and updates on their devices.
- They are facing this unwanted app installation issue while connecting to the Wi-Fi; after a software update, even some users are complaining about Galaxy Store automatically updating apps anytime.
- Some effective workarounds are there which can fix the issue. Here are a few.
Being a sensible Android user, you won’t probably ever download apps from sources other than the Google Play Store. This holds true for almost all Samsung smartphone users like us. That’s why if the device installs unwanted apps without the user’s permission, it becomes mandatory to block such downloads. If you also want to know ‘how to prevent automatic app installs on Samsung phones, ‘ stay glued. Here we’ve provided the top 3 methods to fix this issue permanently.
However, a number of Samsung users have complained about automatic unwanted app installation right after a software update or connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
In different community platforms, some users said Galaxy Store automatically installs and updates apps on Samsung phones any time, and it can’t even be dismissed from the notification bar until you’re doing it manually within the Galaxy Store. So, without further delay, learn how to stop auto download of apps in the Galaxy Store.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 15000
Top 3 Methods to Prevent Automatic App Installs on Samsung Phones:
We’ve curated all these methods after a good amount of research work and tested them one by one in order to list the final ones. Have a look.
Method 1: Change App Permissions on Your Samsung Phone
Sometimes we don’t even remember to change the app permissions once our job is done; for instance, allowing an application to read messages but then not turning off the access once the requirement is fulfilled.
However, you probably don’t remember all the permissions you’ve given to Galaxy Store, for which, in turn, you’re looking to know how to prevent automatic app install on Samsung phones. Follow these steps below to fix this issue.
Step 1: Open ‘Settings‘ on your Samsung phone; then, scroll down and find ‘Apps‘
Step 2: In Apps, search for Galaxy Store and tap on it from the search results
Step 3: Now, tap on Permissions and choose all the allowed ones one by one and select Deny for each
Step 4: Next, go back to the App info screen and toggle the bar on next to ‘Remove permissions if app isn’t used‘
Step 5: Then, tap on ‘Mobile Data’ and toggle the bar off next to ‘Allow background data usage‘
Step 6: Next, tap on the ‘Appear on top‘ option and toggle the bar off next to ‘Allow permission’
Step 7: After that, choose ‘Change system settings’ and toggle the bar off next to ‘Allow permission’
Step 8: Finally, tap on ‘Install unknown apps’ and toggle the bar off next to ‘Allow from this source‘
Now exit and restart your Samsung phone. You shouldn’t be getting automatic unwanted app downloads on your Samsung now.
Method 2: Make Changes in Galaxy Store Settings
Here you need to turn off auto-updates from the Galaxy Store settings to ensure it never starts downloading new app-versions until you’re doing it manually. Also, deny the access to send you promotional ads, offers, or another content from Galaxy Store. This will help in preventing one-click or automatic app installations on your phone. Here is how to do that.
Step 1: Launch Galaxy Store app.
Step 2: Next, tap on the triple bar (Menu), and then click on Settings (gear icon) from the top right corner of the pop-up window
Step 3: When in Galaxy Store settings, choose ‘Auto update apps‘ and tap on ‘Never‘ from the pop-up window
Step 4: Now, toggle off the bar next to ‘Get news and special offers‘ on the existing screen and exit
Once done, you’ll never receive any auto-updates of the existing apps on your Samsung phone. Alongside, you won’t get personalized ads too from the manufacturer of your device.
Method 3: Deselect the Apps in Galaxy Store Pop-ups
Sometimes, Galaxy Store opens a pop-up window on your phone’s screen while asking to download all auto-selected apps. This is too annoying as you can’t even escape the screen until you DESELECT all the selected ones manually.
Also Read: Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!
However, since you’ve already denied the “Appear on top” permission in ‘Method 1,’ you shouldn’t receive any pop-ups like the below-given ones. Even if you do, just deselect one by one.
That’s all! Now you know how to prevent automatic app installs on Samsung smartphones.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…