How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?
Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It’s really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
Highlights of the Story
- IPL is going to have an off-the-boundary start on 19th September 2020.
- All matches will take place in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Use these 5 platforms to stream IPL live matches.
IPL is Fun… An action-packed thriller… True adrenaline rush. From ABD’s 360° shots to those big sixes from Gayle’s bat, or the perfect yorker from Bhumrah, it’s been a treat to the eyes of cricket buffs watching these International cricket-stars performing out of the box to win the trophy. IPL is all set to come with its 13th edition.
Amidst the Covid-19 pandemic situation, there was big speculation that the tournament might get postponed for this season. But finally, on 2nd August 2020, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly announced that the biggest cricket league in the universe is going to start in UAE under an empty stadium. The craze, the fun, the rush- everything will be the same; the only difference is, this time, IPL will be played behind the closed doors.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
Since the announcement date, people are searching for live streaming platforms rigorously to watch every match live. If you are also wondering how to watch IPL 2020 on mobile phones? Then here is what you need to see. Yes, we have got your back here! Go through this blog and learn all the easy methods to stream the IPL live on your smartphone.
How to watch IPL 2020 for Free on Mobile! (5 Easy Ways)
The first match of the tournament is going to take place between the defending champion Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings on 19th September. This will be a rematch of the IPL 2019 final where MI beat CSK and won the trophy. So, it will be really exciting to watch these two teams lock horns and rumble again.
The best part is, we are going to watch Dhoni take charge of the ground almost after one and a half years. Especially after retirement, seeing Dhoni performing again will be a treat for the ‘MSDians’. Definitely, this time, the matches are going to be massive ones.
However, the final match will be played on 10th November. So, you really need a reliable platform to start streaming IPL live from day one. Here we have handpicked 5 easy methods to watch IPL on mobile. So, without much ado, let’s learn the steps of making your choice of best streaming platforms for IPL 2020.
Method 1: Install Disney+ Hotstar
Star Sports has the exclusive rights to broadcast the game officially on their channels. So, a Disney+ Hotstar plan is all you need to watch the game from your phone. Previously Hotstar used to stream IPL for free with five minutes delay from the live game. But from this year, you need to have an additional subscription to watch the game streaming live on your smartphone.
Disney+ Hotstar has two variants of yearly plans from which you can choose. The first one is the Premium plan that costs Rs 1,499 per year, and the second plan is the VIP plan, which costs Rs 399 per year. If you intend only to watch cricket and other sports live on your smartphone, the VIP plan will be enough. Follow the steps below and learn how to stream IPL 2020 live from Hotstar on your smartphone.
Step 2: Then, choose your Language of Interest; you can choose three or more languages to get content suggestions on that particular language
Step 3: After that, choose the subscription plan you want to buy and tap on the CONTINUE button below
Step 4: Now, you need to enter your mobile number, and you will get an OTP
Step 5: Then, enter the OTP to log in, and you will be redirected to the payment gateway page
Step 6: Follow the simple on-screen instructions and complete the payment.
Step 7: Finally, as you successfully purchase the subscription plan, you are all set to watch IPL 2020 on your phone. Simply, open the application and start live streaming on the match day.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
Method 2: Get JioTV App (Free Method)
If you use a Reliance Jio SIM card then you can watch the IPL 2020 live on the phone for free. Jio offers free access to JioTV, which has most of the Indian entertainment and movie channels along with sports channels. Here is how to watch IPL 2020 live on mobile with JioTV.
Also Read: Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!
Step 2: Then, log in to the JioTV app using your Jio account credentials
Step 3: Now, locate the Star Sports channel from the list of sports channels
Step 4: Click on the channel where IPL is streaming, and you will be redirected to the Hotstar app, and the match will be streamed right there.
JioTV comes as a complimentary freebie with all the Jio Plans except for the Rs 98 plan. Jio also has certain voice plans where the complete Disney+ Hotstar subscription comes for free.
Method 3: Watch IPL on Airtel TV
Similar to its counterpart, Airtel also partners with Disney+ Hotstar to offer free live streaming of the IPL 2020 to its users. All you need to do is recharge with a valid plan, and you can start enjoying the whole tournament for free on your smartphone. Follow the steps here if you are using Airtel.
Step 2: Then, log in to the Airtel TV app using login credentials
Step 3: After that, find out the Star Sports channel from the list of sports channels
Step 4: Finally, tap on the channel name where IPL is streaming live. You will be redirected to the Hotstar app, and the stream will be available on the match day.
Also Read: Top 5 Smartphones In 2020 With Best Cameras!
Method 4: Use DishTV Anywhere
If you have a DishTV DTH subscription plan for your home, you can watch the live stream of the IPL 2020 on mobile for free. All you need to do is visit DishTV anywhere website> login with your registered mobile number and play the Star Sports channel on the match day. DishTV has a dedicated application as well. You can download the app from Google Play Store or App Store and watch the live streaming from there.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
Method 5: Get Tata Sky Mobile
Tata Sky users can also watch IPL 2020 on mobile using the Tata Sky Mobile application. Follow the steps below,
Step 1: Go to Google Play Store or App store
Step 2: Search for Tata Sky mobile app
Step 3: Then download and install the application on your phone
Step 4: Log in with the mobile number registered with Tata Sky
Step 5: After successfully logging in to the app, play the Star Sports channel to watch your favorite IPL team in action on the matchday
Anyway Folks! Now you know how to watch IPL 2020 on mobile. If you face any issue following any of the methods we have mentioned, let us know through the comment box. Tell us which method you are going to use to Livestream IPL 2020 for free on your mobile.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.