A photographer’s delight, this flagship killer phone offered by Huawei is killing it with its Leica-lenses equipped cameras. With three hard-to-beat cameras, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is being dubbed as the camera king in the smartphones market today. Although it’s priced at Rs. 69,990 for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, it makes sense considering it’s an emerging competitor of high-end phones like Google Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XS Max.
Its camera set is equipped to capture ultrawide pictures in amazing detail. Couple that with an amazing battery life that can last through the day, and you get one of the most powerful phones currently out there. However, despite running the latest Android 9 Pie, its software has glitches that might frustrate some.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is lightweight (just 189 grams), water-resistant, and easy to handle. With 6GB RAM, it is pretty speedy and handles applications smoothly. Unfortunately, it does not have the traditional 3.5mm jack, but it compensates for this shortcoming with a unique speaker design infused with the outstanding Dolby Atmos sound feature.
The flagship feature of this device is its amazing AI-guided Camera. With over 1500 shooting modes, predictive focus, ultrawide shot, and a company limit of 3x optical zoom, this device can capture intricate details even after going beyond the 3x zoom limit.
Another flagship feature is its astounding battery life. With a whopping 4200 mAh, the device promises to keep itself active for a day and a half. Add to that the benefit of fast charging which is approximately 20 times faster than other smartphones!
Though the price lies towards the higher-end, the phone includes a top-of-the-line processor, with four Cortex A76 cores, which consumes less battery making it a powerful device. If photography is your thing, this is a great investment option.
One of the most impressive devices of 2018. Not really cheap, but if you want everything a phone can offer, this is your go-to.
Mate 20 has a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen having a resolution of 3120 x 1440, which goes above what Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Google Pixel 3 XL offers. Mate 20 has a color gamut of 190 percent, beating Pixel 3 XL’s 170.2 percent and iPhone XS Max’s 123 percent – thereby rendering easy-on-the-eyes images and videos.
Despite having the controversial notch, the Huawei Mate 20 makes it up with a stunning design. The bezels are almost invisible and the notch is studded with a front-facing 24MP camera that has 3D depth-sensing. You do have a SIM-card tray and a USB-C input, but unfortunately, it does not have a 3.5mm jack, similar to the One Plus 6T. By providing the smooth glass back, this phone offers wireless Qi charging, along with a very special ability to reverse wireless charge. So, you can save energy with this device. And did we mention, it’s IP68 water-resistant? That means even after 30 minutes in 2 meters underwater – it’ll continue running. We won’t recommend risking it though.
There’s no speaker grill on the device but that’s because of Huawei’s flagship design of audio piped through the USB slot. Though it’s not booming, the sound is clear – with Dolby Atmos. However, cable connection dampens the sound a bit.
The speed of the processors is just mind-blowing. Switch between Facebook and Google docs with ease without fearing that dreaded phone freeze. It handles heavy games without lag. The whooping 6GB RAM and the four Cortex A76 cores – one set running at 1.92GHz and the other at 2.6GHz make it all run smoothly.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a camera which can make magic happen. With an iconic square combining Leica Triple camera and a flash – the design, the company says, is an aesthetic signature. The camera-set contains one of the BEST cameras out there – an 8-MP telephoto (f/2.4), a 40-MP main (f/1.8), and a 20-MP ultra-wide (f/2.2) lens.
One of the best features of Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the active AI helping you through your photographer’s journey. An advancement over the P20 model, now you can choose around 1500 shooting modes and you can rely on the Mate 20 Pro’s Master AI feature. There might be some minor glitches sometimes, but it is mostly accurate and automatically gets you the best shooting mode.
Mate 20 Pro also gives you a 4D predictive focus that will click images before and after you press the shutter and get you the best shot possible. On top of that, it provides 3x optical zoom, which, coupled with the ultra-wide shot can help you get detailed images of any scenery you want to capture. Past the optical zoom limit, it does lose the color richness but the images retain a lot of their original features. So, you shouldn’t be worried about losing out on any details. You can also record 4k videos in both h.264 and h.265 – making video shooting a delight.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro packs a punch when it comes to the battery life. It comes with an astounding 4,200 mAh battery. The iPhone XS with 3,174 mAh battery pales in comparison. In real-time use, Mate 20 Pro lasts for a day and a half. While web surfing, it lasted for 10 hours and 9 minutes. The best feature, however, is the fast charging. This device can get up to 70% charge within 30 minutes, 20 times faster than most smart-charging phones! It also has the new HiSilicon Kirin 980 7nm SoC which promises low battery consumption.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Back Camera40 MP
- Front Camera24 MP
- Thickness0.34 inches
- Height6.21 inches
- Weight189 g
- ColorEmerald Green, Midnight Blue, Twilight, Pink Gold, Black
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.85 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.39 inches
- Display TypeOLED
- Pixel Density538 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Display Resolution1440 x 3120 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio87.90%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- RAM8 GB RAM
- GPUMali-G76 MP10
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 9
- Expandable MemoryNM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Storage128 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLeica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusPDAF/Laser AF
- Triple Camera40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.78 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4, 3x optical zoom20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p960fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh to 4200 mAh
- Battery Capacity4200 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 40W (70% in 30 min)Fast wireless charging 15WPower bank/Reverse wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFace ID, fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First ImpressionsWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung has just unveiled its latest folding phone, and this comes with a completely new visual design, which has a mechanism pretty similar to the infamous Motorola Razr Fold. It features the new Ultra-Thin Glass has a better hinge mechanism and more, and also It is coming pretty soon to India. While there are some…
- How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhoneWed, 12 Feb'20Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreHuawei P30 Pro₹71,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHuawei P30Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreSony Xperia XZ3Add to compare
- 8.2spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 2₹39,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreHuawei P20 ProAdd to compare
- 8.4spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9Add to compare
- 8.2spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9 SeAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreLG V50 Thinq 5GAdd to compare
- 8.2spec scoreLenovo Z6 ProAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare