A photographer’s delight, this flagship killer phone offered by Huawei is killing it with its Leica-lenses equipped cameras. With three hard-to-beat cameras, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is being dubbed as the camera king in the smartphones market today. Although it’s priced at Rs. 69,990 for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, it makes sense considering it’s an emerging competitor of high-end phones like Google Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XS Max.
Its camera set is equipped to capture ultrawide pictures in amazing detail. Couple that with an amazing battery life that can last through the day, and you get one of the most powerful phones currently out there. However, despite running the latest Android 9 Pie, its software has glitches that might frustrate some.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is lightweight (just 189 grams), water-resistant, and easy to handle. With 6GB RAM, it is pretty speedy and handles applications smoothly. Unfortunately, it does not have the traditional 3.5mm jack, but it compensates for this shortcoming with a unique speaker design infused with the outstanding Dolby Atmos sound feature.
The flagship feature of this device is its amazing AI-guided Camera. With over 1500 shooting modes, predictive focus, ultrawide shot, and a company limit of 3x optical zoom, this device can capture intricate details even after going beyond the 3x zoom limit.
Another flagship feature is its astounding battery life. With a whopping 4200 mAh, the device promises to keep itself active for a day and a half. Add to that the benefit of fast charging which is approximately 20 times faster than other smartphones!
Though the price lies towards the higher-end, the phone includes a top-of-the-line processor, with four Cortex A76 cores, which consumes less battery making it a powerful device. If photography is your thing, this is a great investment option.
One of the most impressive devices of 2018. Not really cheap, but if you want everything a phone can offer, this is your go-to.
Mate 20 has a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen having a resolution of 3120 x 1440, which goes above what Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Google Pixel 3 XL offers. Mate 20 has a color gamut of 190 percent, beating Pixel 3 XL’s 170.2 percent and iPhone XS Max’s 123 percent – thereby rendering easy-on-the-eyes images and videos.
Despite having the controversial notch, the Huawei Mate 20 makes it up with a stunning design. The bezels are almost invisible and the notch is studded with a front-facing 24MP camera that has 3D depth-sensing. You do have a SIM-card tray and a USB-C input, but unfortunately, it does not have a 3.5mm jack, similar to the One Plus 6T. By providing the smooth glass back, this phone offers wireless Qi charging, along with a very special ability to reverse wireless charge. So, you can save energy with this device. And did we mention, it’s IP68 water-resistant? That means even after 30 minutes in 2 meters underwater – it’ll continue running. We won’t recommend risking it though.
There’s no speaker grill on the device but that’s because of Huawei’s flagship design of audio piped through the USB slot. Though it’s not booming, the sound is clear – with Dolby Atmos. However, cable connection dampens the sound a bit.
The speed of the processors is just mind-blowing. Switch between Facebook and Google docs with ease without fearing that dreaded phone freeze. It handles heavy games without lag. The whooping 6GB RAM and the four Cortex A76 cores – one set running at 1.92GHz and the other at 2.6GHz make it all run smoothly.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a camera which can make magic happen. With an iconic square combining Leica Triple camera and a flash – the design, the company says, is an aesthetic signature. The camera-set contains one of the BEST cameras out there – an 8-MP telephoto (f/2.4), a 40-MP main (f/1.8), and a 20-MP ultra-wide (f/2.2) lens.
One of the best features of Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the active AI helping you through your photographer’s journey. An advancement over the P20 model, now you can choose around 1500 shooting modes and you can rely on the Mate 20 Pro’s Master AI feature. There might be some minor glitches sometimes, but it is mostly accurate and automatically gets you the best shooting mode.
Mate 20 Pro also gives you a 4D predictive focus that will click images before and after you press the shutter and get you the best shot possible. On top of that, it provides 3x optical zoom, which, coupled with the ultra-wide shot can help you get detailed images of any scenery you want to capture. Past the optical zoom limit, it does lose the color richness but the images retain a lot of their original features. So, you shouldn’t be worried about losing out on any details. You can also record 4k videos in both h.264 and h.265 – making video shooting a delight.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro packs a punch when it comes to the battery life. It comes with an astounding 4,200 mAh battery. The iPhone XS with 3,174 mAh battery pales in comparison. In real-time use, Mate 20 Pro lasts for a day and a half. While web surfing, it lasted for 10 hours and 9 minutes. The best feature, however, is the fast charging. This device can get up to 70% charge within 30 minutes, 20 times faster than most smart-charging phones! It also has the new HiSilicon Kirin 980 7nm SoC which promises low battery consumption.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.34 inches
- Height6.21 inches
- Weight189 g
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.85 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.39 inches
- Pixel Density538 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 3120 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio87.90%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- GPUMali-G76 MP10
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 9
- Expandable MemoryNM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage256 GB, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLeica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusPDAF/Laser AF
- Triple Camera40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.78 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4, 3x optical zoom20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p960fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4200 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 40W (70% in 30 min)Fast wireless charging 15WPower bank/Reverse wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFace ID, fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Get the best price for Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.7spec scoreHuawei P30 Pro₹56,490Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHuawei P30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHuawei P20 ProAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia XZ3Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 2₹42,499Add to compare
- 8.3spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9 SeAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG V50 Thinq 5GAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreLenovo Z6 Pro₹31,999Add to compare
- POCO X3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare