Intelligence Agencies Have Asked Central Govt To Ban These 52 Chinese Apps
Due to the ongoing unrest between India and China, the Indian Intelligence Agencies have asked PM Narendra Modi and the Central Government to ban 52 Chinese apps.
Highlights of the Story
- Indian Intelligence Agencies have asked to ban 52 Chinese apps in India.
- The list includes apps from Tencent as well as Shareit, TikTok, LIKE, and others.
- TikTok, Vigo Video, SHAREit, Shein are among the Chinese apps that contribute to India’s economy.
As per the latest update from the Indian Intelligence Agencies, they have asked the Central Government of India to ban 52 Chinese mobile apps in India as they engage in a huge dump of user data and can be misused.
In a request to the PM Narendra Modi, the agencies have asked to issue advisories against 52 apps from China which although is a step towards giving the Indian manufacturers and developers a boost, however, the compounding effect of the growing unrest between India and China is also one of the reasons why Indians have been asked to boycott Chinese apps.
All this was sparked due to the latest intrusion by the Chinese troops in Ladakh that has resulted in ongoing unrest between China and India. This is why the Chinese smartphone maker OPPO had to cancel the launch event scheduled on June 17.
Also Read: Remove China Apps Goes Viral In India
With that being said, the Indian Intelligence Agencies have targeted a few Chinese apps including the bigwigs in the social media section that includes LIKE, TikTok, Bigo Live, Weibo, Vigo Video, Helo and others have been asked to ban for Indian users. Additionally, ecommerce apps like ClubFactory, Shien, and Romwe are also flagged along with beauty and photo enhancement applications such as Wonder Camera, Perfect Corp, Photo Wonder, BeautyPlus and others have been listed by the agency.
Talking about the ongoing boycott Chinese apps campaign, apps like DU Browser, CM Browser, APUS Browser, and UC Browser have also been asked to be banned in the country. The same goes for UC News and NewsDog which are two of the popular China apps where both act as a major news aggregator. Apart from that, the Indian intelligence agencies have also listed Xiaomi Mi Video Call as one of the 52 China Apps that will meet its fate soon.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.