Released in March, 2018, Lava Z50 prices begin at Rs. 3,986 as of July, 2019. It has all basic, average features and a below average processor. As a low end phone which should be used for less usage, Lava Z50 is a decent enough choice. Even for a budget phone, the phone’s camera and look could have been way better.
- Good touchscreen size
- Good display with a good screen resolution
- Above average battery use
- FM Radio
- Very affordable
- Good for basic smartphone use
- Poor camera
- No fingerprint sensor
- Not meant for heavy use
- Not suitable for playing games
- Below average processor
- Low storage space
This Lava model is a decent enough budget smartphone for basic usage. The phone has all average features and is not meant for too much continuous use and heavy apps.
Lava Z50 has a TN TFT capacitive touchscreen display screen of 4.5 inches with a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels with 218 PPI. The screen is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 1, protecting it from unwanted scratches. The display screen has 16 M colours, and an aspect ratio of 16:9. The display is above average and pretty good for a phone in this budget.
Lava Z50 is available in two colours, Black and Gold. The rim around the display screen is too thick, making it rather unattractive. This Lava model is designed as a basic budget phone, aimed at minimum basic smartphone use. It has all the basic smartphone features, but fails to excel in any of its features. It has a commendable display for its budget and an above average battery usage.
The smartphone runs on a quad core 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 Mediatek MT6737M Mali T720MP2 processor. It has the Android Oreo Go Edition operating system and is not upgradeable to more recent Android versions. It has 1 GB RAM with an internal storage of 8 GB which can be expanded to 64 GB through a micro SD card. The phone’s configuration is clearly way below average and does not stand a fighting chance in the highly competitive budget phone industry. The phone should work fine and without any lags if it’s only used for basic daily use. But with more usage, apps, web browsing and video streaming, the phone will become immensely slow and the display will freeze very often. For a budget phone with minimum basic usage, Lava Z50 will give a good performance.
This smartphone has a single rear camera of 5 MP which can record videos at 720p at 30fps. The front camera is of 5 MP as well. Both the cameras have LED flashes enabling them to click pictures in low light. But the image quality and sharpness is not great in this camera. The phone’s camera falls short and is below average.
This Lava model has a removable Li-Po 2000 mAh battery which can be charged by a micro USB wire. The phone gives a pretty much average battery performance. With regular to moderate usage, the phone’s battery should last for at least 8 to 10 hours. The phone is not built for heavy usage and the battery will drain too soon if many apps are running in the background and heavy games are being played. The battery performance is above average for regular use and will not be sustain a heavy usage load for a prolonged period of time.
If you are looking to buy a budget phone with all the basic smartphone features, you can consider investing in Lava Z50. This phone is strictly meant for regular to moderate usage and will in way support heavy apps and games. The phone has a pretty decent display and above average battery life. Its rear camera is below par and its processor is very basic. This phone is not meant for multitasking and switching between apps. Apps running in the background will cause the phone to hang often. Users with minimum basic usage are very satisfied with this budget phone. But if you are looking for a phone which can handle your heavy usage and gaming needs, you should definitely look at other options in the budget range of smartphones.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.38 inches
- Height5.31 inches
- Weight140 g
- ColorGold, Black
- Width2.62 inches
- Display TypeTN TFT capacitive touchscreen
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 1
- Screen Size4.5 inches
- Display Resolution480 x 854 pixels
- Aspect Ratio16:09
- Pixel Density218 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.621
- CPUQuad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid Oreo (Go edition)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6737M (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage8 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR
- Single Camera5 MP
- Back Camera Video720p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- Single Camera5 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2000 mAh
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2018, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Lava Z50
Get the best price for Lava Z50
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare